12/11/12 [DMFA #1352] - We lose more staff that way

Started by MT Hazard, November 12, 2012, 06:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: chaotik74 on November 13, 2012, 01:27:54 AM
I'm fascinated by just how many posts seem to be geared towards SUPPORTING Kria.

I just took it as black humour and ignored the societal aspect of it.  That said, I can appreciate that people would root for Kria, given that we've seen her as a teacher before all of this, that we've seen her get protective over Abel and his mother (and even Devin).  Someone who has a softer side like that will usually get more support than someone who's simply and entirely evil.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 13, 2012, 01:58:50 AM
I figured it was just accepted that Kria is a terrible individual with no qualms about killing...so with that universal constant in place it was simply more a matter of how many style points she racks up in the process. :U

Sooooo, Kria = Lord Frieza? 

Which means... Dan = Goku!  ... Which makes sense given their mutually compatible intellects...  :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Keleth

I think it's more of people support the badass. .

I always seen some of the Demons as more of anti-hero or vigiliantes than evil.

In this world, maybe they're more of the neutrals or lawful evils.
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

In passing, I'd just like to comment that hasn't Ambaaargh gotten much better at buildings? I remember a castle a while back... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

chaotik74

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2012, 03:41:48 AM
Quote from: chaotik74 on November 13, 2012, 01:27:54 AM
I'm fascinated by just how many posts seem to be geared towards SUPPORTING Kria.

I just took it as black humour and ignored the societal aspect of it.  That said, I can appreciate that people would root for Kria, given that we've seen her as a teacher before all of this, that we've seen her get protective over Abel and his mother (and even Devin).  Someone who has a softer side like that will usually get more support than someone who's simply and entirely evil.

Yeah, well, call me kooky, but any sympathy i had for her kind of evaporated when i learned about the whole "inclined to murder" thing. Kind of dilutes the awesome and puts her firmly in the "must smite..send sympathy cards to any family members" department.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 13, 2012, 02:30:29 PM
In passing, I'd just like to comment that hasn't Ambaaargh gotten much better at buildings? I remember a castle a while back... ;-]

The buildings are quite beautiful.

Though I'm also enjoying the detail work on the after effects in the last panel with Kria huffing in it. Blown and blackened window, burning drapes, dark smoke and Kria's flame ignited fist clenched in a rage.

If I didn't know better, I'd say Kria might be a little shaken with finding out about Abel being there. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bakoneko

Quote from: joshofspam on November 13, 2012, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 13, 2012, 02:30:29 PM

The buildings are quite beautiful.

Though I'm also enjoying the detail work on the after effects in the last panel with Kria huffing in it. Blown and blackened window, burning drapes, dark smoke and Kria's flame ignited fist clenched in a rage.

Agreed! And I really love the effect as Stealth phased into visibility. Even if it didn't end too well for her. ^_^;

Considering how long we've waited for Kria to find out that Abel's there, I'm itching to see what she's going to do about it!
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

chaotik74

maybe confront the utter moral hypocracy that is her existance.

Bakoneko

Hmmm.  Chaotik, I wouldn't say she's a hypocrite, since she has never claimed to be against casual murder.  But even if she were, I have a feeling she wouldn't care.  Evil, remember.   :mowwink
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Lying Foo

Hmm.

You know, the more I look at our late spy, the more I wonder whether she was related to Hennya...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Eli_In_Chains

Quote from: chaotik74 on November 13, 2012, 03:12:20 PM

We get it, you don't like her. You don't seem to be swaying anybody here over to your side, though. You're certainly entitled to share your opinion, but as I said, keep in mind that she is just a character, just a concept, an idea. Not a real person. She isn't going to confront any moral side to her character because that's not in her nature. Demons as a whole believe in survival of the fittest. That includes Kria, and she seems to be one of the ones that has less of it than the others. See Abel's Story, for example. Most demons wouldn't mind killing a friend's son, as it would mean that they were weak/stupid/unlucky enough to deserve it. Kria refused on the basis that Abel wasn't a target. If she existed in our world, yes, absolutely, I agree with you. She would be a terrible person. As a character, coming from the race that she does, having the upbringing that she does, she isn't that bad a person. She's at least a step above a couple of the other demons.

And yes, the building is beautiful. <3

MUDPUNISHER

Now that you mention it, looking at the building then looking at the castle, the buildings have improved, good on ya Amber.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
ahahah turning the car into oncoming traffic... IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE-Jim Carey
avatarby-Hapless-Enigma...THANKYOU
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS
also...... Can I be Abels brother?... pleeeaaassseee

YawnPB

Kria is likely in a bad mood to start with if her spy/intelligence department didn't get this info to her before the tabloids did.  So... VERY BAD idea to sneak up on the boss when you should be out in the field doing your job.  So she simply.. "fired"  them <.<

She seems similar in thinking to a bond type arch-villian.  Minions especially stupid ones are expendable.  If you mess with her don't expect to live long enough to regret it.  When you're as powerful as Kria is though.  It's probably harder to not obliterate fool's accidentily.  Than to just not hold back and plaster 'em over the landscape.

Lurkus Wallflowerus

Les

I for one found this a delightful subversion of the tired old..

[Big Boss] "Send me my Ninja."

[Ninja] *poff* "I am already here."

[Big Boss] "Oooh, so impressed!"

..cliche.   :mwaha
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

MT Hazard

Didn't properly notice the phone stone before, looks like Zinvth has yet to embrace modern telecommunications, given that Kria was using a quill earlier that's to be expected.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Or maybe just Kria hasn't, rather than the whole of Zinvth.

VAE

Quote from: chaotik74 on November 12, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
hm.  I'm sure Miss Stealth is perfectly fine. yup. peeeeeerrrrrfectly ok now. no perma-deth for just doing her JOB. that would be wrong.

*twitch*

I believe Miss Stealth just made what's generally termed a career-limiting move. Lifespan-limiting, even.

Quote from: chaotik74 on November 13, 2012, 03:12:20 PM

First of all, it's spelled hypocrisy. (Though hippocracy could be entertaining - or maybe not. After all, a grey-ish animal with a big mouth and thick skin already describes a lot of our present rulers well)

Second of all... I fail to find any of it particularly hypocritical. See, hypocrisy takes place when someone. usually publicly proclaims a stance that he either doesn't hold in general, or just exempts himself or who. Example would be a serial killer voicing against the death penalty because "killing is wrong" or a politician extolling the importance of family values and later being caught with a mistress (or a man, even). Kria does none of that as far as I'm aware of.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

The other thing is that thinking of Kria in human terms and with human motives and social mores is perhaps misguided.  The way I see it, 'Cubi seem to be rather closer to the human psyche, especially if brought up as Beings.

EDIT: For that matter, not all human societies share the same social mores...

TacticalError

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 14, 2012, 05:15:46 AM
Didn't properly notice the phone stone before, looks like Zinvth has yet to embrace modern telecommunications, given that Kria was using a quill earlier that's to be expected.

A communication rock would probably be more resistant to damage and such than a phone, unless it was covered in MechArmor®, by Jycorp! or something.

MUDPUNISHER

Quote from: TacticalError on November 14, 2012, 03:06:24 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on November 14, 2012, 05:15:46 AM

A communication rock would probably be more resistant to damage and such than a phone, unless it was covered in MechArmor®, by Jycorp! or something.

One. Can I cover a tank in that?

and two. It probably would be slightly more resistant so its a better choice, considering who it belongs to, I mean really I'm pretty sure Kira is the only thing in existence that's more destructive than I am.

EDIT: on a secondary (or is it third?) note, TacticalError... your avatar is -really- distracting.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS

Talis Mahn

Starcat5

Quote from: Talis Mahn on November 14, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
Well, it looks like Stealth's career is dead.
...even if she isn't.

Don't look at me like that. She could very well have some form of fire resistance, and if she lands on a pedestrian she might suffer only a few dozen broken bones.  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Bakoneko

Quote from: Starcat5 on November 14, 2012, 11:23:18 PM
Quote from: Talis Mahn on November 14, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
Well, it looks like Stealth's career is dead.
...even if she isn't.

Don't look at me like that. She could very well have some form of fire resistance, and if she lands on a pedestrian she might suffer only a few dozen broken bones.  >:3

No argument! At this point, I'm unwilling to believe anyone is really most sincerely dead until they appear in Abel's Story.  :mowcookie
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Naldru

I am reminded of a line from one of Isaac Asimov's stories.

At U.S. Robots and Mechanical Men, nobody makes the same mistake twice.  They're fired the first time.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MUDPUNISHER

^ That seems appropriate.

In the end she was trying to show off, a little to much but still, so she got fire-balled for it... seems like a fair punishment.
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS

Infranscia

Does anyone else think Stealth looks like she could be an Owona Cubi?

I'm not sure whether she would be one way or another, but she sure has bright green marks and glowing eyes.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on November 16, 2012, 03:05:52 AM
Does anyone else think Stealth looks like she could be an Owona Cubi?
I'm not sure whether she would be one way or another, but she sure has bright green marks and glowing eyes.

I heard she's a mythos.

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

DTisEbiL

Quote from: Eli_In_Chains on November 13, 2012, 02:13:47 AM
Well, what would you have us do? She's a character we know and sympathize with, whereas Stealth is someone we don't know anything about.

I hope I'm not to late in saying this, but that just happens to be my favorite kind of character. Sad to say, (possibly in this case) killing them off like this makes me even more interested in them, I can't help but wonder who they were and what they were like owo
I liked Stealth, even if she had a screen time of about 8 seconds. Nothing wrong with loving your job and trying to impress your boss, right? ;w;

I noticed something slightly disturbing when it comes to my attachment to characters. I always seem to favor the minor characters, especially the ones that are killed off shortly after being introduced. I find that I always want to see more of them, but when I do, I start to lose interest in them. Hm....

AmigaDragon

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 12, 2012, 06:02:38 AMAlso calling her Miss Kira ...
Quote from: MUDPUNISHER on November 12, 2012, 05:44:45 PMOhhhh that looked delightfully painful...
No matter, just emphasizes the point, not to sneak up on Kira. Or you will be obliterated.

And don't sneak up on Kria either. :mowninja
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen