24/09/12 [DMFA #1339] - The Stompening

Started by Tapewolf, September 24, 2012, 08:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That seems a bit excessive for Wildy.  I'm assuming that it's his refusal to go with them that she's upset about rather than saving Alexsi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I kinda think it was because she had an opportunity to possibly smooth this over nicely for everyone, and possibly even improve the pr for cubi some... and it was ruined by his reaction.  Was his reaction justified?  For sure, but sometimes you've got to swallow that.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Mao on September 24, 2012, 09:30:02 AM
I kinda think it was because she had an opportunity to possibly smooth this over nicely for everyone, and possibly even improve the pr for cubi some... and it was ruined by his reaction.  Was his reaction justified?  For sure, but sometimes you've got to swallow that.

That's true, and I think it would probably have been better for Abel to cooperate (injustice aside). On the other hand, Abel's been at school for 375 years, and 400 years ago, you got shot at just for having wings. His suspicion is understandable.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on September 24, 2012, 09:43:16 AM
That's true, and I think it would probably have been better for Abel to cooperate (injustice aside). On the other hand, Abel's been at school for 375 years, and 400 years ago, you got shot at just for having wings. His suspicion is understandable.

And given that they stabbed him in the back for kicking up a fuss, completely justified.  That aside, it would presumably mean leaving Alexsi behind.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2012, 09:51:14 AM
And given that they stabbed him in the back for kicking up a fuss, completely justified.  That aside, it would presumably mean leaving Alexsi behind.

Oh for sure.  The backstab from Skirmish more or less proved his point right then and there, but to Wildy's point of view before then, she likely had a chance to salvage the situation.

maus_merryjest

I'd say our little kangaroo rat needs to start investing in creating a hand cannon. Just in case.

KiloFoxx

i wonder why she's pissed at him really... the only reason i can think of is that he stated he's the only 'cubi at Lost Lake. which would make Dan revealing himself (as i suspect he might eventually) go over SO MUCH WORSE.

but then again, i'm probably wrong. i always have been. i have good theories, they're just always wrong. Amber and I seem to think on different wavelengths altogether. which is one reason i enjoy the comic so much... it's one of the few times i honestly can never predict what's going to happen

Ignuus66

Quote from: maus_merryjest on September 24, 2012, 10:11:36 AM
I'd say our little kangaroo rat needs to start investing in creating a hand cannon. Just in case.

handcannons already exist in that world.
If you meant the type of handcannon that was basically the earliest type of gun, it was basically loading a whole load of rocks into a long metal barrel with gunpowder at the end then firing it off that is.

If by handcannon you mean a wrist mounted gun, that would be impractical in my opinion.

(credit: Gabi)

Nino

joshofspam

Quote from: KiloFoxx on September 24, 2012, 11:43:55 AM
i wonder why she's pissed at him really... the only reason i can think of is that he stated he's the only 'cubi at Lost Lake. which would make Dan revealing himself (as i suspect he might eventually) go over SO MUCH WORSE.

Well, there are other reasons as well. Not that I would know any better, but Wildy seems to have a habit of making people follow her idea's when she has them. Up until Abel, Wildy was able to get Dan to do what she wanted.

When it comes to Abel, she hasn't necessarily won arguments like she does with Dan. Also her position given as an Adventurer probably only escalates that feeling of people should respecting her orders and doing what she says. Her reputation was on the line there.

Of coarse while trusting B.O.B. and Wildy was probably one of Abel's concerns. Protecting Alexsi was probably another, kind of hard to do that if she's still back at the Inn and Abel several miles away. Not to mention any other capable friends that could defend her from the threats that Dan's blood line brings are still not back from getting cake.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Well firstly, he never said he was the only one ever.  Secondly, Dan revealing himself or Abel inadvertently revealing Dan's existence is infinitely worse than Dan having the B-O-B on his tail (and the only way they can easily defeat Dan is by killing him while he's unawares as per Alexsi - fully conscious and aware, he's got both 'Cubi and Adventurer skills and training, or will have when he gets out of the Academy).
Dan being revealed to all and sundry would be 'game over, everyone is dead' bad, and having mulled it over I think Abel probably made the wisest choice by concealing Dan's existence.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

If Wildy is going to continue stomping the stubborn stupid out of Abel's thick head, she really should put on the proper feet stomping attire. :3

YawnPB

He endured being a stair cubi, alittle head stomping should be a breeze.  Abel has a thick skull, he should be fine... maybe...  If not Lorneda should be on his speed dial by now...

Though this incident may very well encourage him to arm M.A.C.E. abit better.  Maybe even install sentry duties for Lost Lake to prevent this kinda stuff from happening again.  Or just further encourage his development of "that last weapon", whatever it may be.

Lurkus Wallflowerus

MT Hazard

Wildy has never been entirely stable, her negative emotions are close to the surface, she uses violence as a first resort and probably has difficulty getting close to people, even her long term friends like Dan. She probably just stomped on Abel because he 'ruined' her plan or didn't bend to her will or is just someone to vent her frustrations on. She has redeeming qualities, they just need a little digging to find them.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on September 24, 2012, 01:04:29 PM
If Wildy is going to continue stomping the stubborn stupid out of Abel's thick head, she really should put on the proper feet stomping attire. :3

River Dancing shoes?

Lying Foo

Nah, pretty sure it's refusing to go back to the adventurers' headquarters, especially after she staked her reputation on his innocence: him refusing interrogation can't be good for her, either, especially as long as it's unknown what actually became of Merl.  I'm sure she understands why he would make such a hasty claim, even if it could have repercussions for Dan down the line, even if she'd have rather sicced them on Destania (consider, though, she grew up with Destania, too).  Let's face it, "a Cubi has killed and replaced Dan" is going to be most of the adventurers' first thought no matter what (that or "a succubus killed and replaced Desiree Star").

Bottom line, though, yeah, Wildy being Wildy, what's got her peeved is most likely the damage to her career.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Surzsha

Quote from: joshofspam on September 24, 2012, 01:35:13 PM

River Dancing shoes?

I'm thinking golf cleats...

Either way, it's Wildy being Wildy. What can you not expect from her when she's angry?

IonOtter

Quote from: Ignuus66 on September 24, 2012, 12:02:23 PM
If you meant the type of handcannon that was basically the earliest type of gun, it was basically loading a whole load of rocks into a long metal barrel with gunpowder at the end then firing it off that is.

If by handcannon you mean a wrist mounted gun, that would be impractical in my opinion.

You know, I really need to start hanging around more G-rated websites more often.  When I first saw that thing, "hand cannon" was NOT the first thing that came to mind.

TacticalError

Quote from: Ignuus66 on September 24, 2012, 12:02:23 PM
Quote from: maus_merryjest on September 24, 2012, 10:11:36 AM

[omitted image to avoid repetition, in original post]

When ever someone mentions hand cannon, I immediately think of the cannon class of weapons from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Umm, anyone else played that? *crickets chirping*

Picture for reference:

I think that type has the same aesthetics as Jyrras's tech.

maus_merryjest

Quote from: IonOtter on September 24, 2012, 03:30:43 PM

You know, I really need to start hanging around more G-rated websites more often.  When I first saw that thing, "hand cannon" was NOT the first thing that came to mind.

.... thank goodness I was not the only one.

Mao

Quote from: maus_merryjest on September 24, 2012, 05:02:26 PM

You know, I really need to start hanging around more G-rated websites more often.  When I first saw that thing, "hand cannon" was NOT the first thing that came to mind.

Guys... This place is PG 13. XP

justacritic

River Dancing shoes?
I witnessed the action you had taken.

Miliki

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2012, 08:03:59 AM
That seems a bit excessive for Wildy.  I'm assuming that it's his refusal to go with them that she's upset about rather than saving Alexsi.

I think there is a variety of reasons. Possibly one, because she may think that he had something to do with the 'death' of Pyroduck. And/or two, Wildy likes hurting people and the fight stopped before she could get all her rage/fight time in?

AmberCross

River Dancing shoes?
No... Boots. Not just any boots, but boots that are made for stomping.

Abel's pretty stubborn though... being able to stomp it out of him would be quite the *brick'd-before-finishing*

*Ahem* >.> Also, I'm surprised no one else suggested this, but Wildy has just been angry at Abel since before this even started. I personally think that at least part of this is him and Jyras not being in smoochy town already. The whole not cooperating thing left her feeling bad cause she realized he was right which could possibly lead towards quick angry like when she punched him back when he pulled the 'write me into a sordid novel' blow, but not the kind of angry that leads towards hitting multiple times. That would argue for blind rage (which this is clearly not) or long standing frustration. Plus Wildy has been known to get people 'while they sleep'.

ishidan

River Dancing shoes?

Naw, lacerations and macerations aren't funny.  Abel wandering around for hours without noticing he has a Wildy-footprint on his face is funny.

TacticalError

Quote from: ishidan on September 24, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

River Dancing shoes?

Naw, lacerations and macerations aren't funny.  Abel wandering around for hours without noticing he has a Wildy-footprint on his face is funny.

Abel wandering around for hours without noticing he has a Wildy-footprint on his face is hilarious.

joshofspam

Quote from: TacticalError on September 25, 2012, 12:14:47 PM
Quote from: ishidan on September 24, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

River Dancing shoes?

Abel wandering around for hours without noticing he has a Wildy-footprint on his face is hilarious.

Yes it is. Kind of reminds me of the old binoculars gag.

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2012, 01:03:14 PM

Well firstly, he never said he was the only one ever.  Secondly, Dan revealing himself or Abel inadvertently revealing Dan's existence is infinitely worse than Dan having the B-O-B on his tail (and the only way they can easily defeat Dan is by killing him while he's unawares as per Alexsi - fully conscious and aware, he's got both 'Cubi and Adventurer skills and training, or will have when he gets out of the Academy).
Dan being revealed to all and sundry would be 'game over, everyone is dead' bad, and having mulled it over I think Abel probably made the wisest choice by concealing Dan's existence.

i know Abel didn't say he was the only one EVER at Lost Lake, but i think the B.O.B. are gonna interpret it as that regardless. especially in regard to Dan literally LIVING at Lost Lake. he's just not there at the moment...

i woe to see the day when Dan gets back and hears about what they did to his sister... oh the hurtin' he'll be puttin' on them...

and seeing as he has that whole "'cubi emotion overreaction" thing going now, he'll probably REALLY fly off the handle. and unless Abel, Wildy, or Alexi stop him, i wouldn't be surprised if he inadvertently outs himself as a 'cubi raging after the B.O.B...

likely won't happen because i'm never right, but still... i wouldn't be surprised...

Ignuus66

Quote from: maus_merryjest on September 24, 2012, 05:02:26 PM

You know, I really need to start hanging around more G-rated websites more often.  When I first saw that thing, "hand cannon" was NOT the first thing that came to mind.

And when I saw that picture I thought of a miniature cannon... but now, I cannot unsee  :B

(credit: Gabi)

Prroul

Ahh Wildy... while appropriate, it is ineffective to apply pain as a deterrent when your target is unconscious, since he cannot feel it. He will not associate the headache upon waking up with a general amount of stubborn stupidity vis a vis listening to you. He will associate it with BOB being meany stupid pants, and will only cause him to be even more paranoid about them in the future, which is the exact opposite reaction you were wanting.

Granted, he deserves the head-stomping. Wildey put her reputation as an Adventurer on the line for him, and he acted the fool. That's going to really hurt her cred, regardless of how well founded Abel's paranoia of adventurers might be.

As far as hand cannons... does the one on the GryphMech count? It should be good for minor irritants like adventurers, Gundam Wing mecha, or NGE Angels. Plus, it probably purees tomatoes very quickly.