[News] For those that were wondering...

Started by Darkmoon, July 25, 2012, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I realize I haven't updated Quest in a couple of weeks (on the back-end), and part of that's just because I'm/ trying to figure out where I want the story to go for the last stretch. Quest is almost done, and I want to end it right, but since I've been improving it the whole time, I truly have no plan.

In the meantime, why my creative juices are working, I've been doing a long-needed update for the Inverted Dungeon:

http://dev.inverteddungeon.com/

I don't know when that version of the site will launch for realz, but take a gander and check it out. While I have the time, and a substantial backlog, I'm putting the work in to get everything upgraded.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

Umm... I don't think the DSWC and CVRPG buttons are supposed to obscure the menu. Nice design, though.

(Clickable thumbnail)

That happened when I clicked on Legends, which was empty. Same with Contacts and Bios. Will the old bios be there? I liked them.

And I like having the chronology there, too.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Yeah, some sections aren't populated yet, so the menu gets a little funky. Once I put content in, it'll all balance out.

I'm still contemplating what content will go in. I know bios, of a form, will be included, although I think they'll probably get a chronology-style rewrite -- more factual, with a veneer of snark.

I also am thinking I may have to add a "Games" or "Series" button and put in pages devoted to each game that will then present you with quick access to the other sections (on topic for that page). For instance, a "Games" page devoted to the first Castlevania game would have excepts from the Chronology and Reviews sections (with links over to them), plus links to the bios for Simon and all the bosses that appear in the game... and, if I make it a full-blown near-wiki (packed with every bit of info I think is relevant), links to stubs of other bits of info related to that game.

Some of that, though, is down the road.

Gabi

Sounds like a lot of work, but it should be interesting to read.

Also, for those that were wondering, absolutely nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12 today.

(Sorry, the title reminded me of that).

Darkmoon

So far it's coming along. If you've checked into it, hopefully you've noticed the ever-growing collection of articles. Once the reviews section is complete, I'll probably start populating the series section. Use the series as a way to build out pages for the other areas.

Gabi

Nice.

Can I post typos from the game descriptions here?

Rondo of Blood: "seperate continuity"=>"separate continuity"
Dracula's Final Defeat: "No game currently covers the even detailed here-in"=>"No game currently covers the events detailed here-in"
Symphony of the Night: "warned the vampire no to go"=>"warned the vampire not to go"
Bram Stoker's Dracula: "weathly"=>"wealthy"
"dead of missing"=>"dead or missing"

Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Oooh, double-post! I'm breakin all the rules.

As an update, the Reviews section is as complete as I can get it, and I'm nearly done with Chronology. I also added a randomized teaser to the front page. Next will be the Series section to tie Reviews and Chronology together (as well as all the future game-specific content I work on).

Edit: and the Series section is launched. First page, Castlevania, is up and running so you can see what I'm thinking...

http://dev.inverteddungeon.com/main.php?section=series&page=castlevania