16/07/2012 [DMFA #1324] Please hold whi-- KRSH*

Started by RandomMetaphysics, July 16, 2012, 03:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Whelp, looks like calling for the local officials won't work. That is of course there aren't any nearby phones within a safe distance.

You know, I'm surprised Jyrras didn't see that coming. Drakes aren't known for their... social skills.

Tapewolf

Well, that didn't work out too well.  "The 'Cubi is our bodyguard!" or "one of our staff" might have helped.

On the other hand, it's just possible that this report will now be forwarded to Cale or whoever else is investigating the 'Cubi murders.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

Damnit jyjy, go out there and be adorable at them, its abels only hope!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

Well calling the authorities didn't help out. They seemed just a little disinterested to listen right there.

Hope that doesn't mean that the adventurer guild might be giving orders to kill cubi to the less intelligent adventurers groups.

Unresponsive operator doesn't sound to creature friendly. Could the local area relations have changed without the cast noticing at the Inn?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 16, 2012, 04:05:40 AM
Well, that didn't work out too well.  "The 'Cubi is our bodyguard!" or "one of our staff" might have helped.

Well that would depend if the official is a casual racist. Cubi don't seem to be very popular among beings, so it may not have helped even if he said that "the 'Cubi is our bodyguard!" or "one of our staff". Of course it would be bending the truth to suggest that the reputation Cubi have is entirely undeserved. But casual racism still sucks.

Tapewolf

Actually, ending the call abnormally and making it impossible for them to call back is probably one of the best things Pip could do to make it look like an emergency.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Plotting

Of course! It seems soo obvious now that someone else has explained it to :P

Still, Jyrrus should get his legal team (aka his mum) to sue the operator! No mercy!

Ignuus66

Heh, I'm thinking that he should call the hospital next. Or his home.

(credit: Gabi)

Plotting

If by calling his home you mean calling his mother, then that could prove benifical. His mother has some powerful creature clients who might be willing to help.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah. Call up Macy. I'm sure she'd be over there in a flash, if it gave her half a chance of riding in the Gryphon chassis...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakyth

This sounds a lot like what happens when I call my phone company  :P

TacticalError

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 16, 2012, 05:51:49 AM
Nah. Call up Macy. I'm sure she'd be over there in a flash, if it gave her half a chance of riding in the Gryphon chassis...

As awesome as that would be, I'm not sure Mace is needed for this. Abel seemed to be at least putting pressure on... can't remember their names, and Wildy should be more than a match for Genesis.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 16, 2012, 05:18:15 AM
Actually, ending the call abnormally and making it impossible for them to call back is probably one of the best things Pip could do to make it look like an emergency.

Given the name of the chapter, they'll probably just go '... Forget about it' and well, forget about it.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'd at least put some jam or something on that phone first, before eating it.......... :erk

Ignuus66

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on July 16, 2012, 07:18:49 AM
I'd at least put some jam or something on that phone first, before eating it.......... :erk
[/quote
Never forget peanut butter, everyone knows that peanut butter jelly phone sandwiches are the best :D

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

Hmmmmmmm....I wonder where that call was going out too though.

From where what's hinted on location, The inn is located somewhere in between at least Zinvth and possibly several other settlements.

So which one is this call going too?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

Quote from: joshofspam on July 16, 2012, 08:28:36 AM

From where what's hinted on location, The inn is located somewhere in between at least Zinvth and possibly several other settlements.

well there ARE other customers, within walking or riding distance, which implies its near at least a village if not a city. also keep in mind sherrifs for the outskirts, and if magic exists in a setting like this police style enforcement likely has a rapid speed/teleport/flying spell system to launch them to places in a hurry. on the other hand they may have no idea of knowing who is calling as not every technology level can trace calls

FYI- from someone who actually is in the criminal justice field, the 'keep them on the line so i can trace the call' deal is bull. you either know exactly where it is in the first second or theres nowhere to pinpoint. this is also facilitated by maps and regestries.

justacritic

Quote from: TacticalError on July 16, 2012, 07:07:45 AM

Given the name of the chapter, they'll probably just go '... Forget about it' and well, forget about it.
Then again if anything happens and there's an investigation the phone records might ensure that heads would roll, literally

Lying Foo

Quote from: joshofspam on July 16, 2012, 08:28:36 AM

Lost Lake.  The inn is named after the town.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Sofox

So how did the lake get lost anyway?

EDIT: NVM, found it!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Sofox on July 16, 2012, 09:53:38 AM
So how did the lake get lost anyway?

in wisconsin alone there are 40 places named 'lost lake'

i assume its popular?

KiloFoxx

Fi went to SAIA with Dan didn't he? well that means he wouldn't be able to help (which would actually be the second-best scenario) i'm expecting Mab to make a plot-convienient return and magic the BOB away or something. lighthearted, amusing, and succinct. it fits what Amber would do perfectly.

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon sighs*  I want to get in on the battle so badly...  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Bruinthor

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 16, 2012, 05:18:15 AM
I was thinking along similar lines. It is alos Pip's of telling Jyrras he is wasting his time.

Surzsha

Wow, I never thought I'd get angry at one of Amber's comics. Then again I always look into the subject matter too much, so I'll just leave it at that and say it was at least equally as funny with Pip's snackage of yet another item (I would have preferred a chocolatey topping on the phone, myself).

MT Hazard

Looks like the action people really want to see is just off the page (*Shrip* eeek! My dress!)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Omegan

Jyrras should probably find some weapons and be ready to defend himself in case the battle zone expands. 
It's that Inherit the Earth guy.

Grey Wolf

Maybe the caller is a casual racist in the other direction?
"A 'cubi against just four beings? You want back up? You're adorable."
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

lycaonpictus77

I don't even know who I want to show up, just that I'm very, very excited.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Wanderer

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 16, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
Looks like the action people really want to see is just off the page (*Shrip* eeek! My dress!)

Gen's nudity has a strange habit of happening offscreen. Almost as if someone was deliberately censoring the comic...  ~_^