The Official DMFA Store: New Launch! New Merch! Buy Now!

Started by Darkmoon, May 18, 2012, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Amber Williams has new product. Don't you want new DMFA gear? Of course you do? Who wouldn't?

Molepeople, that's who, and you don't want to be like the Molepeople, do you?*

Then hit the DMFA Store now! New shirts (1, 2, 3, 4), new mugs, new buttons, new messenger bags! Everything you could ever want (at least until new merch is released, cause then you'll want that too)! Operators are standing by.

*The DMFA Store acknowledges that some Molepeople are kind, generous individuals. The operators of the store are not looking to denigrate the Mole culture or their idiotic, backward ways.

Edit:
  Updated Store Link since the other one doesn't work.
    -- llearch
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Ravenscroft

Hope it's ok to post in one of these here special icon posts lol.

I love the new merch, I'm aiming for the mow mug + whatever I can talk my man into. :D

The shirts are awesome! The only thing I could want more would be a mab or dan shirt with their respective wings on the back, or maybe hats with little head wings lol :D

Much loves to the Ambargh who gaveth of her time to shower us with merch and comic updates. Three cheers! Pip Pip-
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Darkmoon

Post away. I like the discussion.

For any items that are on pre-order (like the new shirts and the mugs, since you mentioned both of them), do not wait too long to order them. If thetre isn't enough demands for some items, we will only order enough to fulfill those requests already processed -- low selling new merch will not be made a part of the store, long term.

Thanks!

VAE

bloody hell, awesome stuff.
I might actually get the bag some day as mine's falling apart. Also , mow mugs!
Also, when will there be a Destania T-shirt?  :mowdizzy
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

UPDATE: Meters are now posted for the pre-orders, so you all can see what's needed to get the print run. Order now! ;)

Amber Williams

Quote from: VAE on May 18, 2012, 09:13:56 PM
Also, when will there be a Destania T-shirt?  :mowdizzy

It really depends on interest. The main downside is most shirts require batch printing which means trying to get a certain amount of guaranteed sales and interest, since otherwise we have to pay the rest of the amount ourselves.  The baseline amount when doing a 25 batch is 10, so if we were able to guarantee that 10 folks would be willing to buy a Destania shirt, I could probably make a Destania shirt.  But if only 1-2 folks are actually interested in buying it, that means we're in the red should we make it.  :cry

There are some designs I plan to do that will be more print on demand and require batches, but those tend to be a bit trickier to pull off with the group we're working with (for starters the shirt itself would need to be white. :U)

Really though, the type of merch is up to you guys. If we get enough sales, we can make more shirts and more designs.  If we're just squeaking by, then there is less incentive to make more designs since it ends up feeling like there isn't an actual market for items.

Shax

Soooo looking forward to a Fi bag~

Amber be warned! I'm going all out this year at AC. >:3

Nino

Oooh, I'm going to order a Mow Mug (beautiful design, love the contrast of the black handle with the white mug) and one of those purple Mab shirts (not the wingies, the other one). Looooove them. Might grab a mow bookmark too.

Unfortunately, I had to add another bank account to my PayPal, which takes 2-3 days to confirm, and then I have to transfer the money, which takes another 3-5 days I think. Any way I can reserve those items here, since you guys are only doing ten shirts of each, or barring that, pay via another method (the only option the shop is giving is PayPal, maybe I'm missing something though?).

I mean, either way if demand is that big then I suppose I can just get those items once they're reprinted if I miss them now, but I'd love to be able to get them ASAP, since summer is around the corner and I'd love a new t.

Also, that coffee mug is so going to be my new main mug for the office once I get it :) Great job on the new designs!!!

Darkmoon

The Paypal is "Payment Processing by PayPal". You can actually do an credit card you like through it, either as a payPal member or a guest. Long as you have a Credit Card or CheckCard, you're good to go.

Plotting

Unfortunately it does not look like the minimum 10 pre-orders will be met for any of the merchandise currently on offer.  :mowsad

Tapewolf

Quote from: Plotting on May 21, 2012, 08:48:31 AM
Unfortunately it does not look like the minimum 10 pre-orders will be met for any of the merchandise currently on offer.  :mowsad

I have to wonder if closeups of the Mab and Dan shirts would help those - Mab and Pip are all well and good but you can't actually make out the design on the shirts.  With the wing shirts and the bag it's clearer what you'd be getting.

(And yes, I know you can use the links to look in the store, I'm just saying)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

The Messenger bags met their preorder.

As for the other items, if you preorder them, they will be fulfilled -- but only those shirts that are ordered. If they don't mee the minimum, we won't have them at the con or online for sale past the preorder deadline.

In other words, if you want them, I'd recommend getting them now.

Nino

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 20, 2012, 10:33:15 PM
The Paypal is "Payment Processing by PayPal". You can actually do an credit card you like through it, either as a payPal member or a guest. Long as you have a Credit Card or CheckCard, you're good to go.

Oh awesome, then I'll put my order in tonight. Great to know!

Glad the bag made pre-order goal already  :mowsmile

Inumo

This bug was mentioned, but I can't remember where... so I'll just post it here.

The store leads me to this page when I try to checkout. I'm not really sure what's going on, seeing as it happened just after I'd signed up. Help?

Darkmoon

From everything I've been able to beta test out, it's a bug created if you are a guest when you add stuff to your cart, and then login afterwards. Your product is assigned to the guest, which has effectively timed out due to you logging in -- even though the stuff still shows up in your cart. Remove all items, then put them back in, and that should fix the issue.

If not, let me know.

lunarsage

Love the Fi bag design, but I'm not too keen about the bag itself. :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: lunarsage on May 22, 2012, 03:36:34 AM
Love the Fi bag design, but I'm not too keen about the bag itself. :<

There was also a Fi shirt, last year I think:

http://www.illuminatedrivets.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

...I'm assuming there are some left in stock, but that figure could be completely bogus.

Darkmoon

Inumo

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 21, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
From everything I've been able to beta test out, it's a bug created if you are a guest when you add stuff to your cart, and then login afterwards. Your product is assigned to the guest, which has effectively timed out due to you logging in -- even though the stuff still shows up in your cart. Remove all items, then put them back in, and that should fix the issue.

If not, let me know.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!

Darkmoon

Reminder: Pre-orders end Friday at midnight! Only a day and a half left to guarantee yourself a Conjuring Mab shirt, a Fae Wings shirt, or an Adventurer Dan shirt (which is just two orders away from a full run!). If you want a shirt, now's the time to guarantee you get one.

Tapewolf

It should be noted that the Dan shirt has him in a pretty badass pose, based on the 'crouching Dan' from strip 939.  I'm kind of surprised at how little love it's seen...

http://www.illuminatedrivets.com/store/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=16

Kazzellin

OK, so I'm going to be going to AC - can I pick up something there, or does is need to be mailed to me? *looks dubiously at the "shipping method" part of the purchase form* I assume that would be in-store pickup, right? (Yes, I know this might be a stupid question...)
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

Darkmoon

You can indeed. There's an FAQ on the site that lists what cons we'll be at for "Store Pickup".

Kazzellin

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 25, 2012, 03:01:08 PM
You can indeed. There's an FAQ on the site that lists what cons we'll be at for "Store Pickup".
Excellent! Thank you for confirming mu supposition; it's much appreciated. :)
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

Nino

Ouch, the Mab shirt made 9/10 preorders. So close. Glad I ordered mine so at least I got one. I feel bad for Amber selling 9 shirts (and thus seeing no profit from them). Well, hopefully she'll see some money from the mug and bookmark I got. The mugs are new but didn't have to go on preorder I guess? hope they're as popular as they are amazing (which is to say, incredibly so).

Wanted to put this out there, I know there was a calender at some point (I saw some of the images too, it looked really nice). I know I'd totally buy that if it came out.

Also, Abel's comeback in the banner up there is really funny.

Darkmoon

The Mugs can be printed on an "as needed" basis, so we didn't need preorders for them.

A calendar of some kind is possible in the future.

MT Hazard

Has anyone had their order delivered yet? I ordered on the 21st of may but haven't heard anything since.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Damaris

Nope, because the merchandise has been in the printing process.  All of the original batch of preorders were sent in together. We took delivery today, and tomorrow through Monday will be in Pittsburgh. Once we get back, we'll be boxing and labeling. (and by we, I mean several of your friendly, neighborhood admins. We're the ones that do the shipping)

I'm hoping that mailings can occur on June 23rd.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Nino

Just got my stuff in the mail last week. The mug is really adorable. The print isn't aligned with the bottom of the mug but centered like it shows in the picture, but it's really cute.
vs.

Oh also! Another thing that I guess isn't shown from the picture - it's got a black rim, which looks really nice with the handle:

Edit: You can't tell from the pictures, but on the handle the black doesn't quite reach all the way to the sides (this is slightly visible on the first picture but not the second). I'm not sure why that is but it's probably a slight alignment issue. It would have been a little nicer if it did, but it's still a very cute mug.

I ordered a shirt too. Just a warning for anyone ordering female cuts, they run very big, and I don't know if it's a problem with just the bigger ones, but as far as I can tell they're not actually female cuts? I ordered one of those Mab ones in large, because even though I'm really small I'm on the taller side and so on sites like Threadless the medium size will tend to not be long enough. So I made the mistake of ordering a large from here without checking the size difference, and from what I can tell I probably should have went with a small because they run HUGE. But that doesn't bother me so much as how it seems like it's not actually a female cut:

There's no variation in the chest to waist to hip; the side is perfectly straight. Which is weird, because on the size table it seems like the waist should be a lot smaller than the chest. But it doesn't seem to do that. Hmm.

It's a little disappointing for me because I can't wear it (and I can't just order a small since these didn't get printed after the first batch), because the periwinkle color of the shirt is really, really awesome, and the print looks very nice. So if it did fit I'd love it.

Note: the color here isn't as purple as it actually is, but it's NOT as purple as the preview on Illuminated Rivets. The actual color is very close to the darker purple in the DMFA forum layout (the banner color on the top where it says 'DMFA Forums'). I actually like it better than the purple I thought it would be - it's really sort of a mellow color and is quite nice.

OH ALSO. The Mow bookmark is the cutest thing ever. <3<3<3

Inumo

Hrm, my Fi messenger bag broke. Specifically, the loop of fabric that holds the shoulder strap onto the bag on the side with the adjuster broke. From what I can tell, it looks like the thread essentially kept the pieces of fabric going across the strap in place while the long pieces going along the strap slipped right out (hopefully that makes sense; if you need pics, I can get them). I guess it just couldn't handle the amount of stuff I put into my messenger bags. ^^; Not sure I'll buy a replacement, unless it turns out that mine was defective.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I really want to get a replacement, but I don't want to buy it without knowing its limits this time. Does anyone happen to know how much weight the shoulder strap is designed for? I'm sure I can find some way to trim down my carried stuff to match.