27/04/2012 [DMFA #1303] - Chicken with head off mode activated

Started by Plotting, April 27, 2012, 04:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Plotting on April 27, 2012, 04:13:47 AM
The one eared wolf is all ready an interesting character.

Sounds a little like a certain one-eared fox over at Metamor Keep.

QuoteAnd what was Alexsi thinking asking Pyroduck for colour advice? Interesting that he chose plaid; I would have though gold would have been more to his liking as a dragon.

Not all dragons hoarde gold. There's lots of other things that might catch their hoarding interest; gemstones, maidens, books, cars, computers or other electronics, cats, ...  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Castle Pokemetroid

So, Pyroduck chooses color based on his wing and hair color?

That's what it sounds like he's saying.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on April 30, 2012, 05:18:50 AM

Could have been worse.  He could have done a phoenix riddle or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

The prelude to the dragon-cubi war has begun!

Charline takes the offensive!

*Charline to kidnapped dragon*  Yer gonna spill the beans, see?  Or I'm gonna have ta spill yer guts, capice?  :kruger

*Spike the dragon*  I don't know what you're talking about!  I-I was just minding the library!   :<

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2012, 05:26:24 AM
Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on April 30, 2012, 05:18:50 AM

Could have been worse.  He could have done a phoenix riddle or something.

Eh, I was thinking more Tie-dye. :P

It sometimes looks cool, but getting it right in a whole room might be a problem. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arcblade

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 29, 2012, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Arcblade on April 29, 2012, 03:48:33 PM
Murky it may be, and perhaps even the intentions are understandable.  But genocide is an inherently evil act, I think.  No matter how you justify it.  You could give Dee the benefit of the doubt and hope she's trying to do an evil thing for a good reason (or three). 
It was also speculated in an early-er thread, that destinia isn't planning complete genocide (which would be nigh impossible, even for a tri wing) of the Dragons, but trapping them in thier rumored Dimension (It's in the Demo. 101 that dragons are rumored to have made a sub-dimension when they heard about the Fae ones.

If this is true, this can easily be justified as revenge, and not a evil act.

However, as you and others have said, if she plans complete GENOCIDE of the dragon race (which I'd imagine few people, possibly even 'Cubi would be a fan of.)  that would be evil (there are many innocent dragons, Pyroduck for example.) Not to mention nigh impossible even with Cyra's help, considering that Dragons are far more powerful than normal cubi, (though not AS powerful as clan leaders, though they come close)

Given "the end of the dragon race" statement, I kind of doubt the "trapped in their own dimension" theory.  Also note that Destania is not working alone.  Biggs and several generations of his family have been working with her.  You can do a lot in several generations of Beings.  I'll cheerfully admit it does seem a bit of a tall order though, hunting down and killing all the dragons in combat. 

Perhaps she's opting for something less direct.  Something like what's happening to the angel race, perhaps, with fewer and fewer kids born each generation.  A biochemical weapon, or a creeping magic, or something.  I have no idea.  There're probably numerous ways to ensure the destruction of a species that don't involve personally hunting down and murdering every last one of them. 

I should point out that genocide is genocide, at least in my view.  Genocide by a subtle method is just as much genocide as the hunting down and killing them all version.  It's not any less evil, just less obvious. 

Plotting

Quote from: Arcblade on May 01, 2012, 12:58:32 AM
I should point out that genocide is genocide, at least in my view.  Genocide by a subtle method is just as much genocide as the hunting down and killing them all version.  It's not any less evil, just less obvious. 

I could not agree more with the above statement.

Tapewolf

The big problem is that dragons seem to be spread throughout the multiverse, and aren't even native to Furrae - it seems to be just somewhere they go to screw around with because it doesn't matter if they destroy it.  In light of that, I don't think it's plausible to wipe them out.  The best you could likely achieve would be to prevent more from entering, maybe in such a way as to kick the existing specimens off-plane.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2012, 05:28:11 AM
The big problem is that dragons seem to be spread throughout the multiverse, and aren't even native to Furrae - it seems to be just somewhere they go to screw around with because it doesn't matter if they destroy it.  In light of that, I don't think it's plausible to wipe them out.  The best you could likely achieve would be to prevent more from entering, maybe in such a way as to kick the existing specimens off-plane.

I wonder if Dee knows that...