03/23/2012 [PF #201] - Damned if you do and if you don't

Started by justacritic, March 23, 2012, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

Merlin's line art seems thinner, not that's a bad thing.

I wonder if in the world of Project Future, lollipops become the equivalent of a meme in that world due to Daryil.

Also is this labeled correctly?

Lurkie

Ah, paranoia.  Such fun to watch their tiny little minds disintegrating, and you don't even have to do anything, do you, Daryil?  They do it all to themselves...  [*insert malevolent chuckle here*]
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: justacritic on March 23, 2012, 09:11:20 AM

Other than the date being an horrific USA-nian Abomination in the Eyes of Man and The Lord, I think you're about right. ;-]

... want a lollipop?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

US measurements are so horrid just to spite the rest of the world OFC, I mean why else would they use a different system?

(credit: Gabi)

Madmann135

I love Daryil's insanity, he is weird yet harmless and he works at being harmless while having fun being weird. 
I also love Keaton's paranoia, only she can make a kind gesture seem like a sinister plot.
Glad to see the comic back on track.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

If anyone can punish Keaton without doing anything of the punishing nature, it would be Daryil. Getting a lollipop for attempted murder just sounds odd.

Though knowing Daryil's nature, he might eventually get annoyed with this train of thought Keaton is having. I wonder how long until he totally derails it?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Ignuus66 on March 23, 2012, 04:31:05 PM
US measurements are so horrid just to spite the rest of the world OFC, I mean why else would they use a different system?

So we could be different, I suppose.  Though it is easier to convert measurements in a metric system than it is ours.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 23, 2012, 02:47:14 PM
Quote from: justacritic on March 23, 2012, 09:11:20 AM

Other than the date being an horrific USA-nian Abomination in the Eyes of Man and The Lord, I think you're about right. ;-]

... want a lollipop?

The US military does the Day/Month/Year thing like the rest of the world, but I do find the month/Day/year easier to read.

I guess Daryil knows how paranoid she is and is playing mind tricks on her.  And he looks like he is tip toeing away in panel 6.

Quote from: joshofspam on March 23, 2012, 06:27:43 PM
If anyone can punish Keaton without doing anything of the punishing nature, it would be Daryil. Getting a lollipop for attempted murder just sounds odd.

Though knowing Daryil's nature, he might eventually get annoyed with this train of thought Keaton is having. I wonder how long until he totally derails it?

No, I don't think he'll get bored with Keaton's paranoidness, and he'll play along with it for a while before he decides to let her know the truth.

Surzsha

It's funny, but the sad thing is that would be me if I were in that situation. Paranoia's not fuuun.

Also, am I the only one who finds Merlin's style to give the characters a better sense of facial expression? It could be just me.

Oh you silly people with your silly needs to pick on silly little things in a silly manner. Please take me out of this madhouse...

Tapewolf

Personally I'm a fan of YYYY/MM/DD.  It sorts automatically...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 24, 2012, 06:28:09 AM
Personally I'm a fan of YYYY/MM/DD.  It sorts automatically...

That's usually how I sort files on my hard drive if I think I need to, such as something that usually requires to be in a sequence.  YYYYMMDD

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Gabi

I use yyyy-mm-dd for files that need to be sorted, dd/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy for writing dates.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Surzsha on March 23, 2012, 11:21:26 PM
Oh you silly people with your silly needs to pick on silly little things in a silly manner. Please take me out of this madhouse...

... Would you like a lollipop, while I attend to your request? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

... want a lollipop?

Are you kidding?! I've already had like five. :D

I noticed that Daryil's third wings aren't visible, does he prefer to keep them hidden like Fa'Lina chooses to?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 26, 2012, 01:47:48 PM
I noticed that Daryil's third wings aren't visible, does he prefer to keep them hidden like Fa'Lina chooses to?

Pretty much, yes.  His attitude is to try and carry on largely how things were before, which is also why he's not gone all macro like Cyra, for example.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E