Poor Link

Started by Gabi, March 10, 2012, 10:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

I feel sorry for Link. :( I think he's by far the unluckiest hero in the CVRPG/DSWC continuity. He always ends up suffering for everyone else's mistakes, and whatever little rewards he gets for his actions never make up for all he's gone through. When will something good finally happen to him?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Well... I mean, I did give him his own shop. He's had a pretty good run for a while there.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

Ah, I see. So he can have some fairly good times, but only when he's not working as a hero. >.>
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

*thinks* Eh, sounds about right. ;)

Destina Faroda

I, too, feel bad for Link.  I really hope that was a bluff or lie.  Being stuck as a zombie for that long has got to suck.  I'm surprised he's even held together for that long.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Regular doese of fresh meat would keep the zombie vibrant and the brain intact. Simple necromantic-alchemic-science there. ;)

Destina Faroda

Weird, I thought zombies degenerated no matter how much flesh they ate and all of their tissues would rot off until there was only a skeleton left.  Clearly, I need to bone up on my necromancy grimoires.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I may be playing fast an loose with "common" mythology, certainly, but I think Link and Bucky had a conversation about this at some point in the comic. Plus, in the rules for the undead I have written up, the mind goes quickly without meat, but is the first thing restored as well. Once a zombie feeds, it'll "regenerate" its intellect... although the actual flesh it lost is probably gone.