[CVRPG News] - Private Site Hiatus

Started by Darkmoon, February 20, 2012, 02:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

As you've probably noticed, I've really failed these last couple of weeks when it comes to updating Darkmoon's Quest. As it turns out, I've failed at updating just about anything that isn't titled DSWC. I have a substantial backlog built up for CVRPG, so that comic has continued updating even while I leech off the backlog.

I'm taking a couple of weeks to just chill and relax. The main comic will continue to update, but Quest is on hold for right now. I just need some time to work off some "burn out" and get back in the game. Probably I'll tinker with DSWC for a bit and do some other stuff on the site that isn't the two main series comics and get my head back in the game (random shit to work on does help to clear the head).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

Most understood.

I hope you find your time away very renewing. The amount of material, and the quality you maintain, has always been a point of amazement to me.

Thanks for all the work you have put into your craft.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Yes, we all understand.

The one thing I don't understand is... if paying for the food was karmic retribution for Link, then what did he do to get paired up with a villain? Link seems to be the unluckiest hero in the CVRPG/DSWC continuity.

Oh, wait, there's another thing I don't understand, but it may or may not make sense depending on how long after CVRPG comes DSWC.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

DSWC comes something like 50 years after CVRPG. Give or take.

Gabi

Then some of the heroes in the Heroes' Guild who also showed up as heroes in CVRPG must have some interesting stories to explain why they're still in the business after 50 years. Crono may go back and forth in time, but what about the others who showed up briefly in both comics (or do all FF heroes look alike)? And what's Samus's story? Although, come to think of it, "what's Samus's story" is an interesting question regardless of the time gap.

Darkmoon

Samus traveled in time (or at least that was the implication in her one appearance in Year One). Magus and Crono also travel regularly in time.

Eric and Claude aren't mentioned by name in CVRPG for their couple of appearances. Additionally, as you said, all Fighters and Black Mages look alike.

Richter and Cornell... well... yeah, I have no explanation for that one.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Might be worth thinking of one. If it's interesting enough, you could tell it as a side-story.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Weren't all their appearances in CVRPG related to dimension-shifting and/or the universe being destroyed and reshaped?

Darkmoon

Their later ones, yeah. The first few in the comics were just thrown in. If I didn't run such a tight continuity, I would just hand wave it away and say "yeah, it's just a joke." But my continuity is normally tightly plotted enough that the occasional joke that actually _is_ just silly still has to fit...

*sigh*