[Story] The Epsilon Project - Final Chapter (2013/06/29)

Started by Tapewolf, January 18, 2012, 03:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on June 29, 2013, 03:35:11 PM
Either Daryil has a bit more history with Taun or possibly Daryil might be family. It might certainly explain how he accomplished such a feat of destroying a huge piece of another clan.

I wouldn't read too much into that very last part.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't think Taun would read too much into it, either. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Well at the very least getting a card might be something she enjoyed.

She seems like someone that some would take a few things for granted with her and her being bothered over a birthday card might be something a few people might try to avoid.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

OTOH, she probably doesn't want one every year, either. Nor from everyone she knows.

So I can understand her keeping it a little quiet - I mean, can you imagine the havoc caused by 400+ birthday cards? And that's just for the folks in her clan, and their immediate relatives. Throw in friends, the other clan leaders, people currying favour, or at least attempting to... pretty soon you start to need a whole house of fireplaces just to find enough mantelpiece space for them all.

And then who gets pride of place? What happens when you start getting people getting pissy because they weren't in the main mantelpiece, and have to make do with the secondary or tertiary ones? Or contests to see who can get the best card?

There'd be blood on the floor by the end of it all. :-/ And I'm pretty sure Taun wouldn't like that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

This is an excellent story. Very Eager for the next one even. (Tempted to make an old Bat pun regaurding taun clans wings..)
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on June 30, 2013, 01:55:52 PM
This is an excellent story. Very Eager for the next one even. (Tempted to make an old Bat pun regaurding taun clans wings..)

I'd love to oblige, but it's likely to take a while.  I think it was about 3-4 years between Project Future and this one.  Though I did write some short stories between the two, and if I don't get the inspiration for another full-length series, I might start on those again.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Long story, short story. Either way i'm sure they'll be good especially judging from this.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly