04/11/2011 [DMFA #1260] - Wrath of the Quill

Started by Tapewolf, November 04, 2011, 02:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 04, 2011, 07:11:46 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 04, 2011, 07:08:52 AM
Actually Quill is single.  :3

That explains a bit.  Evidently got her confused with one of Taun's other daughters.

Actually that brings up interesting perspective of teacher/teacher and teacher/student relationships.

I wonder if Jakob is a student or a teacher at Academy?

I mean when you live as long as cubi and can spend several centuries in this school, just having an eternal class vibe would probably get rather dull quickly for them.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Infranscia

Hmm... Quill doesn't seem to actually be crushing Jakob.  Holding him so he can't get away?  Yeah.  Squeezing?  Maybe a little, but not crushing.  Maybe that's why you don't get in between: if you do, you risk Quill getting angry and crushing without realizing it.  And then who knows what she'll do after that?

I also noticed that one of Jakob's shoes is partly visible.  :mowsmile  ... *squints* And does Quill have three fingers (not counting the thumb) in this page?  She definitely has two here.  Li'l error?  Retcon?  Shape-shifting?  Trick-of-the-light?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Arcblade

And thus, Amber adds another masterfully done "cute-but-scary" image to the collection.  Seriously, look at those arms; she could probably crush him like a pop can. 

Well done. 

Treesong

'...all those who came before he'? (Also I only see one Quill snuggle.)

But I would like to see Dan in a Quill snuggle, 'deed I would.

Always carry a grapefruit,  Treesong

Tarakona

Maark30

Quote from: Infranscia on November 04, 2011, 06:42:52 PM
Hmm... Quill doesn't seem to actually be crushing Jakob.  Holding him so he can't get away?  Yeah.  Squeezing?  Maybe a little, but not crushing.  Maybe that's why you don't get in between: if you do, you risk Quill getting angry and crushing without realizing it.  And then who knows what she'll do after that?

I also noticed that one of Jakob's shoes is partly visible.  :mowsmile  ... *squints* And does Quill have three fingers (not counting the thumb) in this page?  She definitely has two here.  Li'l error?  Retcon?  Shape-shifting?  Trick-of-the-light?

If you look carefully you can see she has two fingers and a thumb around the back.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Drako

Quote from: joshofspam on November 04, 2011, 03:27:52 AM
What do you think the chances are to get Jakob out of Quill's grasp?

I'm guessing it would take a miracle.

I think it's inconceivable that Quill would let Jakob go voluntarily.

bradypodidae

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 04, 2011, 01:19:32 PM
Is it odd that my first thought about this strip was

"It must be tough for brandy to have no (meaningful) sense of touch in his hands "?

I mean they look like claws but seem to bend like fingers.

Brady's fingers have never truly been explained or defined past articulating as fingers. It has been suggested that they are jointed claws that have overlapping ridges allowing movement while protecting muscle, tendons, and perhaps bones (?) underneath. Think of armadillo plating. Since he usually is arboreal in nature the claws would have the strength and sharpness to aid in climbing and moving through the canopy.

Talking with Ms. Lively Fox Girl one night she came up with this illustration of Brady's hand:

Whether or not Brady has a sense of touch like our fingers has never been discussed. It would seem he would need some sort of tactile feedback to be able to use the claws as we do fingers. Exactly how much and what kind of sensory perception Brady needs for his claws to function as fingers I do not know. I am open to suggestions.

Brady's original character designer, Ms. Lucheek, loves and is very talented at designing and creating species including biology, physiology, and environments. Next chance I get I will query her on her thoughts on Brady's claws and their workings.

Of course, this Brady and any questions like how do his claws function is entirely up to Miss Mab as he is at her service here in her Universe. However, I doubt Miss Mab will bother answering something like how the claws function. Which is entirely okay as for me it doesn't distract from the story.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Amber Williams

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 04, 2011, 07:46:56 AM
I'd be interested what the reaction to the comic would be if the genders were reversed.

Well if you insist. :3

ArchTeryx

Is it just me, or do they make a cute couple?  :mowhappy

Hey, I would take cuddles by the big battle-master.  Just because she's really strong and skilled, doesn't mean she's physically incapable of being gentle when the mood strikes her.  Being top battle professor, she'd have to have *exquisite* physical control of herself, and that wild-dog-tailwag bespeaks nothing but happy.  I've known a couple of folks a bit like Quills, and they make damn skilled masseuses and cuddlers iRL. ^.^

justacritic

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 04, 2011, 10:39:50 PM
I'd be interested what the reaction to the comic would be if the genders were reversed.

We request She Answers
All Hail Amber Williams!
:goamber

McKathlin

Extra awesome points to Amber for swapping the genders not only of Quill and Jakob, but of the onlookers.  And still leaving Mink's gender completely ambiguous!   :mwaha

And the only change to Quill is one eyelash stroke.  Too funny.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

hartree

Shoes for industry!

Scrap Fish

Hmm... You forgot "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but I sup...pose...
...I just forgot what I was going to say. Dangit. Well played, madam, well played.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Amber wins.

I was laughing so much at the pic I let my toast burn. Somehow I feel that Amber intended that.

Amber Williams

Ahhhh...it's times like this that makes all the work that goes into a webcomic worth it. :3

MT Hazard

I am completely blow away. Two great answers to my comments, one a customised drawing and the other a detailed explanation. Thanks to Amber and proeliator bradypodidae!

I said in before and I'll say it again, this is one of the best webcomic forums. Decent people, lively conversation and contributions from the artist.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 05, 2011, 08:21:08 AM
Ahhhh...it's times like this that makes all the work that goes into a webcomic worth it. :3

Well, what the heck, Amber, keep that up and you're liable to spoil 'em.  Next thing you know, they'll be chewing the furniture.  :3

joshofspam

They switch genders well.

Even Brady makes the change looking good. Well done Amber.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

bradypodidae

BWEEheeheeheehee!

Brady, er, Brandi would make Women everywhere proud by being the best being Battle Professor ever to grace the halls of SAIA!

edit: OH! If Brady was ever to be Brandi I think Kv1nna's (CAUTION: Her FA page can be very NSFW) vision, inspired by Lucheek, proves a sloth can make a cute and sexy Woman: Portal Mama Beach-Volley Ball WIP. Possibly NSFW, bikinis.

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Ghostwish

Saist

Before this I would have said Amber was less ebil than BladeWyng... now... I'm not so sure.

Infranscia

Quote from: Maark30 on November 04, 2011, 07:29:06 PM
Quote from: Infranscia on November 04, 2011, 06:42:52 PMHmm... Quill doesn't seem to actually be crushing Jakob.  Holding him so he can't get away?  Yeah.  Squeezing?  Maybe a little, but not crushing.  Maybe that's why you don't get in between: if you do, you risk Quill getting angry and crushing without realizing it.  And then who knows what she'll do after that?

I also noticed that one of Jakob's shoes is partly visible.  :mowsmile  ... *squints* And does Quill have three fingers (not counting the thumb) in this page?  She definitely has two here.  Li'l error?  Retcon?  Shape-shifting?  Trick-of-the-light?

If you look carefully you can see she has two fingers and a thumb around the back.

That's what I was saying.  In that earlier page, if you don't count the thumb (demi-hidden behind her hip), the clearly has two fingers.  Then in the latest, if you don't count the thumb, she appears to have three fingers.  You kind of need to look closely (maybe a redline would help), but that's what I'm seeing.

Oh wow @ the picture. XDD  I mostly find it amusing that you (Amber) actually did that.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

VAE

hmm, invariant under transformation..  Mink and Quill have an eigengender (eigender?)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on November 05, 2011, 04:11:23 PM
hmm, invariant under transformation..  Mink and Quill have an eigengender (eigender?)

I suspect she has assumed that form because it reduces the attack surface on her chest.  It'd be like the lead singer of Placebo changing gender - you wouldn't notice.

Madmann135

as much as I approve of this bender I also object!
Amber has a habit of having her attractive(-ish) male cast topless ...Quill is not topless.  In addition Quill still sports the attractive female figure.
To me it looks like (masculine) girl on girl with fem-Tape and Quill.
...not that I object about the implied subject in my mind... I rather like it.  
As a result ...I recant my objection.

GO AMBER!!!

(side note I do not want to bring up as it shatters my imagination: Tape's legs are still manly.)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 05, 2011, 05:31:17 PM
(side note I do not want to bring up as it shatters my imagination: Tape's legs are still manly.)

Is that any better?

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/KeatonJakob500.png

...I still can't remember what possessed me to do that.  Boredom, I think.

EDIT:  I still think we need female Bas and male Keaton to complete the circle.  But I very much doubt we'll see that.

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2011, 05:59:00 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on November 05, 2011, 05:31:17 PM

Is that any better?

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/KeatonJakob500.png

...I still can't remember what possessed me to do that.  Boredom, I think.

EDIT:  I still think we need female Bas and male Keaton to complete the circle.  But I very much doubt we'll see that.

This gender bender is one I approve of.
+1 Tape

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Infranscia on November 05, 2011, 02:10:30 PM
That's what I was saying.  In that earlier page, if you don't count the thumb (demi-hidden behind her hip), the clearly has two fingers.  Then in the latest, if you don't count the thumb, she appears to have three fingers.  You kind of need to look closely (maybe a redline would help), but that's what I'm seeing.

Better grip >:3
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.