10/24/2011 [DMFA #1257] - The Codes of Conduct for Sparring

Started by RandomMetaphysics, October 24, 2011, 12:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

I... I honestly have no idea what to say.
I'm too frightened by the mental image of people doing "IRL" tea bagging.

Lisky

It's not a tea-bag,  I swear! D: I was trying to save his life after kicking his face in... Selfless action!

IT WAS CPR! WITH MAH CROTCH :V

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

joshofspam

Quote from: Basilisk on October 24, 2011, 12:17:18 AM
It's not a tea-bag,  I swear! D: I was trying to save his life after kicking his face in... Selfless action!

I don't know which is more humiliating for the loser here. :U

Using good old "come here tactics" from Mortal combat? :erk

Or the bagging he's getting after nearly taking his head off? :mowdizzy
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Angel

HOLY SHIT NOW BASI'S FAMOUS.

And now I'm dead from laughing. Thanks there, Bas. XDDDDD
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Drayco84

Weird... He always struck me as more of this: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=48

Not this: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=151

Yeah, Amber and others prolly know him better, but it's just my experience dealing with him on the chat.

Edit: Links are to VG Cats, obviously. I am NOT sorry for anybody who has to go back and read through the backlog for the comic. (He updates less than once a month, anyway.)

Balance

Quote from: Black_angel on October 24, 2011, 12:33:02 AM
HOLY SHIT NOW BASI'S FAMOUS.

And now I'm dead from laughing. Thanks there, Bas. XDDDDD

Under the circumstances, you might want to add a note: "Do Not Resuscitate"

:D

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Time for the rolled up newspaper to the nose, methinks. It's the only type of warning he'll listen to, Brady. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

No matter how many times I read this, I still come away feeling really bad for that guy Bas just kicked.
I had kind of wondered if we'd get to know more about him when he showed up in the background last time - if he's lying in an unconscious heap, I guess we probably won't.

MT Hazard

With all the different cubi appearing I do wonder (hope, quietly) if the idea I e-mailed amber (aggges ago) will appear somewhere in the background. After all the owed cameos of course.

I imagine Dan's wince in the last panel maybe something to do with his own recent fight with a Demon.

edit: -1 for a hope and a spelling mistake?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2011, 05:02:51 AM
No matter how many times I read this, I still come away feeling really bad for that guy Bas just kicked.
I had kind of wondered if we'd get to know more about him when he showed up in the background last time - if he's lying in an unconscious heap, I guess we probably won't.

Showed up in the background? I looked, and yesterdays strip had, as the only possibly close in colour option, a female with dark-centered feathery wings, and a gold collar. Now, while Cubi are shapeshifters, I think Change is the only one who's likely to change like that all the time. Of course, Amber gets the overriding vote, but... my bet would be that this is someone else.

Which leaves the option of learning more open.

Also, I've noticed that Lisky has entirely too much of a huge grin on his face. Anyone with that much of a grin is up to no good... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
Showed up in the background? I looked, and yesterdays strip had, as the only possibly close in colour option, a female with dark-centered feathery wings

Quite right, my bad.  I plead influenza.

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2011, 06:52:00 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
Showed up in the background? I looked, and yesterdays strip had, as the only possibly close in colour option, a female with dark-centered feathery wings

Quite right, my bad.  I plead influenza.

You as well?

As an aside, I like what this comic says in terms of relative racial power - suggests that slapping on monster levels was a good idea. 
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

justacritic

The fact that Bas is only getting a final warning from Brady, and the bored expression on Brady's suggests this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: justacritic on October 24, 2011, 08:36:43 AM
The fact that Bas is only getting a final warning from Brady, and the bored expression on Brady's suggests this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

I quite agree and I must say I'm not surprised by it either. I have tried people's patience myself with the "Final Warning" deal.... >:3

My prayers go out to all the other people he has given "CPR" to.  :3

EDIT: Also, remind me to never compete in a tournament that Bas is competing in..... :animesweat

Drayco84

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on October 24, 2011, 10:55:51 AM
EDIT: Also, remind me to never compete in a tournament that Bas is competing in..... :animesweat

Eh, should be pretty easy to win against him, then. Just play dead and grab the DRAGON BALLZ.
The girl he's with might not be too happy about it, but he's a demon. I'm sure he'll recover.

Alondro

*Charline snerks*  Let me go a few rounds!  Unlike some Cubi, I'm very good at 'Fighting!  Yes!  Terrible horrible fighting!'... ;3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 24, 2011, 05:55:00 AM
I imagine Dan's winch in the last panel maybe something to do with his own recent fight with a Demon.
Since Cyra's clan has an affinity for pain, he might have gotten a little more from the impact than the average cubi would.  You would also think that shape-changing would allow the cubi to move some of the more sensitive parts.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Naldru on October 24, 2011, 12:54:28 PM
 You would also think that shape-changing would allow the cubi to move some of the more sensitive parts.

Maybe, won't stop you being kicked in the face and then teabagged though.

Edit: I support the post below and its message.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Toast

Not related to the comic as much as to the rant-o-update:

AMBER WE WILL STICK AROUND AS LONG AS YOU KEEP DRAWING, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

DMFA reader since 2000!

tiggertoo

Quote from: Naldru on October 24, 2011, 12:54:28 PMYou would also think that shape-changing would allow the cubi to move some of the more sensitive parts.

EVERY part is sensitive if you get hit hard enough.  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: tiggertoo on October 24, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: Naldru on October 24, 2011, 12:54:28 PMYou would also think that shape-changing would allow the cubi to move some of the more sensitive parts.

EVERY part is sensitive if you get hit hard enough.  :B

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Lisky

Quote from: Alondro on October 24, 2011, 12:51:30 PM
*Charline snerks*  Let me go a few rounds!  Unlike some Cubi, I'm very good at 'Fighting!  Yes!  Terrible horrible fighting!'... ;3

Psh, you'd just enjoy every second of your humiliation :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Naldru

Quote from: Toast on October 24, 2011, 01:43:38 PM

Amber, you have given us such pleasure with your art that we won't desert you even if you stop drawing.  (Cue "If ever I should leave you" from Camelot.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

D'ymkarra

Okay I'll bite..Did Lisky used to be a Rockette?

Quote from: Toast on October 24, 2011, 01:43:38 PM

Agreed. Great things take time Mab, and nobody, not even yourself, should be faulting you for taking the time to put extra work into the little details.

Nice to see ya again Toast..haven't seen you at the Lake in a while  :mowsad

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

McKathlin

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on October 24, 2011, 12:16:08 AM

I had to look up that term, and...ew.  I don't think Pai Gon wants curious kids looking up that term because it's in this comic.  I love your work, Amber, but please keep it clean, or have Fa Teen take over.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: McKathlin on October 25, 2011, 03:24:39 PM

I had to look up that term, and...ew.  I don't think Pai Gon wants curious kids looking up that term because it's in this comic.  I love your work, Amber, but please keep it clean, or have Fa Teen take over.

In all honesty, I have yet to meet a little kid; who doesn't know what that term means....... :sweatdrop

Drayco84

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on October 25, 2011, 08:38:28 PM
In all honesty, I have yet to meet a little kid; who doesn't know what that term means....... :sweatdrop

Quite possibly because some pre-teen (boy, obviously) did it and showed it off to his friends.

Hmmm... Magic Item: Anti Tea-Bagging helmet? Activates a bolt of lightning as a free action if somebody attempts to teabag them? (Admit it, it'd be HILARIOUS.)

Prroul

Quote from: McKathlin on October 25, 2011, 03:24:39 PM

If the parents of said kids are willing to allow the kid to figure out what it means*, that's the parent's problem. However, as far as Pai-Gon is concerned, a vague reference that goes over the head of most kids is still PG.

* Including not using parental controls to prevent child from accessing websites which defines such topics, or finding a way to prevent popups with such topics in them. I think xkcd has a valid point.

Quite frankly, if you had to look it up, then odds are it's going to fly over the head of a kid, and if the parents are supervising the kid on the computer, then they won't have an opportunity to look up that term. And if they aren't... then they are displaying poor parenting skills and the kid looking it up has nothing to do with the rating of the webcomic.

tl;dr version: I respectfully disagree with your statements as written.

Attic Rat

Very strange no matter how you look at it.
If defiling the defeated enemy was the goal, that same "squat" could signify defecating. Just as humiliating, and without the possibility of letting them bite off your dangly bits.

And what of female gamers? Tea-bagging without a "bag" seems futile.

Nope, whoever popularized the term simply didn't think it through.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?