Transformers 3

Started by joshofspam, July 06, 2011, 12:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well... I knew the story probably wouldn't be great and it was more eye candy then anything else. Still it was something to watch.

The story still focuses more on humans, then actual transformers. I want my transformers as the main characters. The humans are suppose to be supporting cast.

The plot doesn't seem to match up with the other two stories.

In short, I was entertained as well as disappointed. Ah, the joys of small town living and having one small theater. Still rather like having a movie night once and a while and love my small town theater. I suppose I'll let it slide for just managing to ease the monotony of life.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

It's Michael Bay.  By now everyone should remember to leave their brains in the car when they walk into one of his movies.  XD
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

I left my brain in the car and mostly enjoyed Leonard Nimoy turning up.

The parents had the best line in the whole damned movie.

Oh dear.

JackLee1978

The good:
1.Optimus kicking A$$
2.None of the new Transformers or humans suck.
3.Soundwave (my favorite Decepticon from Generation1) has a robot form and more screen time.
4.Optimus and Sentinel's chats.

The bad:
1.How several Transformers meet their end.
2.Still more about the humans then the Transformers.
3.Megatron and Starscream's lack of screen time.

The ugly:
1.This is probably the last Transformers movie and THERE HAVE BEEN NO DINOBOTS. :mowsad

Kafzeil

Just came back from it.

While not as offensively bad and mind-numbly stupid as Revenge of the Fallen, it still felt lacking.

Still too much focus on Shia Lebeouf, much to my eternal dismay, most of the Autobots and pretty much all the Decepticons still go shafted in terms of screentime and characterization, the humour ranged from actually chuckle worthy to groan inducing,  and Bay really needs to give the slo-mo shots a rest.

I think the movie could have easily been 90 minutes by removing all the slo-mo, shots of people getting out of cars and looking up, etc.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Turnsky

i fondly remember the last transformers thread we had, this one's rather uneventful by comparison.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Valynth

Seeing Bay's Transformers would be like watching The Dark Knight and having it focus on Gordon for 3/4's the movie with marines coming in the last act to save the day.

I say we let Bay go into making the recruitment videos he obviously wants to.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)