Final Harry Potter has been seen!

Started by Alondro, July 17, 2011, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Aaaaaand, it was a big improvement over Part I, but still David Yates fails at drama and emotional impact.  The final scenes of Snape, though in the wrong location, did have a strong emotional feel to them, but everything else was too weak.  And Voldemort's death was just... bleh.  Anticlimactic doesn't even begin to describe it.  It was like watching Gohan vs Cell over again.  *RAAAAAAHHHH!!!  IMMA FIRIN MY WAND!!!  BLAHHHHHH!!!*

And then there was the epilogue... that could not have been more lifeless.  My aunt, my friend Giovanni, our friend Danny, and I were all of the same mind there.  The three main characters just stared out at the train... no final line like in the book to wrap up everything nicely with a poignant finish, not even waving!  Just... standing there...  They might as well have had derp face for laughs at least.  :B

Oh well, it was David Yates.  I suppose after total fail of 6 (They burned down the Burrow... what the hell?  What the F'in hell?), the dullness and choppy camera work of 7:Part1, we at least had relief that this part was somewhat better.  Maybe Yates is learning just a little bit.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif