24/06/2010 [PF #176] Filler: Fishing for Aliens

Started by ChaosMageX, June 24, 2011, 12:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

I chose the title of this thread because not even I got the reference of the gun until Ren told it to me.

Anyway, Daryil's armor looks freaking awesome, and I wonder if there are over 9000 fish in that pond. :P

Also, I hope Tapewolf didn't get hit over the head for updating with the filler this time.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Daryil sure hates his fish as much as Ripley hates her Aliens.

I wonder if Daryil's dislike of fish has anything to do with the Mer race?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ren Gaulen

Ripley never actually fired a smartgun. She went for a crazy-awesome assault rifle with grenade launcher/flamethrower combo instead. :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

I didn't know Daryil was friends with Ned and Jimbo :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Camper!

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 24, 2011, 01:10:06 PM
Ripley never actually fired a smartgun. She went for a crazy-awesome assault rifle with grenade launcher/flamethrower combo instead. :B

M41A Assault Rifle with underslung 30mm grenade launcher, yes. And she forgot the golden rule.

... take as much ammo as you can carry.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

the M41A pulse rifle had up to 100 rounds (99 in magazine 1 in chamber).

But seriously I would think Daryil would use a grenade launcher or high explosives when he goes fishing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 24, 2011, 03:26:51 PM
But seriously I would think Daryil would use a grenade launcher or high explosives when he goes fishing.
He does not want to take the thrill of the hunt out of it. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 24, 2011, 03:26:51 PM
the M41A pulse rifle had up to 100 rounds (99 in magazine 1 in chamber).

She took a bandolier of spare 30mm grenades, in addition to the half a dozen (?) in the rifle. Surely she could have packed a clip or two, rather than simply taking the rifle, and dropping it (and the duct-taped flamethrower) once they were empty? I mean, come on. She knew there were a lot of them out there. She knew there was a big sucker in the back somewhere. And she knew she was walking into the hellmouth, brass balls clanking.

Not taking a spare clip is just silly.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 24, 2011, 02:02:16 PM
Camper!

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 24, 2011, 01:10:06 PM

M41A Assault Rifle with underslung 30mm grenade launcher, yes. And she forgot the golden rule.

... take as much ammo as you can carry.

Don't forget the bullet counter.

I'm actually surprised that the space marines didn't fiddle around with the counter so it went up instead of counting down and had written in big bold letters"Now serving".

That golden rule is nice. But common sense tells us the pilots really should have closed up the ship with a possible alien infestation happening on the planet or taken more measures so an alien couldn't strand them on the planet.

:tingle

Hope Daryil is at least going to eat what he kills.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on June 24, 2011, 04:16:01 PM
Don't forget the bullet counter.

I'm actually surprised that the space marines didn't fiddle around with the counter so it went up instead of counting down and had written in big bold letters"Now serving".

*snerk* That would have been entirely out of place, but very amusing. Actually... Given "Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" "No. Have you?", I'm not sure it would have been that far out of place...

That golden rule is nice. But common sense tells us the pilots really should have closed up the ship with a possible alien infestation happening on the planet or taken more measures so an alien couldn't strand them on the planet.

Given the general sneakiness of the aliens, I suspect they might have anyway.

Gabi

Well, I've confirmed the following with Tapewolf: by the time he gets the fish out of the water, they'll already be cooked.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Chakat Blackspots

Who here watched the Mythbusters episode on shooting bullets into water?  Though since this is an energy weapon, it doesn't matter.  I wonder how much of the water the beam will evaporate?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on July 09, 2011, 05:52:26 PM
Who here watched the Mythbusters episode on shooting bullets into water?  Though since this is an energy weapon, it doesn't matter.  I wonder how much of the water the beam will evaporate?
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 08, 2011, 03:18:17 AM
In both cases, "lots". >.<

*cough*

Tapewolf

Hope Daryil is at least going to eat what he kills.

Since I forgot to answer this at AC, it's a an interesting question.
Daryil didn't need to eat even when he did that, he probably can't even metabolise food now.  In light of that, I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference.  Especially given that they're ornamental fish.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Then he should make an ornamental meal out of them? Perhaps nail them to a wall or something?