27/05/2011 [PF #172] Wait...Is he Jesus or Phthonus?

Started by ChaosMageX, May 27, 2011, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

The Greek God of Jealousy? :P  Either way, Keaton if Keaton keeps mouthing off threats, her outcome of this encounter will be pretty grim.

Also, Daryil wasn't so much "struck down" as he was alchemically broken down and transmuted in a brilliant explosion of energy, but it seems as though he has indeed become more powerful than we could have possibly imagined. >:3

And he's right, Jakob really should mind his language, even if the comic is rated NC-14.

Why exactly is Jakob's wing tentacle head biting at his ear?  Does he have a secret desire to get a piercing where it's biting?

Icon by Sunblink

Gabi

I have the feeling Daryil's loving every second. :3

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 27, 2011, 08:48:40 AM
And he's right, Jakob really should mind his language, even if the comic is rated NC-14.
He was just thinking it! You can't control your thoughts that easily. And I had to look back to see what it was that he had said when I saw Daryil complaining about his language. On the comic, it may bring a chuckle; but if you take it seriously, I think you're too easily offended.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

joshofspam

Looks like Jacob's head wings consider him delicious.

Keaton is all out freaked and making bold threats. But does she have the skills to pay those bills or is she writing checks that her threats can't cash?

All characters are awesome this page. Except Simeon, being used as a hostage like this more then once kind of brings your awesomeness down.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lurkie

Actually, the tentacle is from a back wing, not a head wing.  Still, it is pretty funny.  Om-nom-nom indeed.  :-)  I wonder if they know how to make coffee?

Yeah, once again Keaton shows that she didn't think things through when she planned this.  Though to be fair, Daryil's ascension (or whatever) probably wasn't very likely.  I'd say she's about two steps from panic right now, and people in that state generally don't think clearly at all.  So yeah, she's digging herself into a nice hole.  Especially since Daryil already has a tentacle wrapped around her neck.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Madmann135

If I had tentacle wings they would probably have nommed my head to death.  In addition Clan Daryil will have to re-learn to control their new tentacle heads.
Still having your mind shield broken as you think "Oh great he's gone off the deeper end" and instantly having a response is unnerving.
I will admit I like Daryil's blond/gold hair, it is nice and flowing in addition it perfectly fits the situation.

Daryil made this page full of WIN.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I actually like the idea of 'Cubi more equating thoughts with speech. For a race of telepaths, it's not that big of a jump to make.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmberCross

It makes no sense... but the little wolf going 'nom' is ridiculously adorable. It kind of makes me think of a put foot in mouth moment where you just said something that afterwards you come to REALLY regret. So maybe that's why the wing decided to stick something in its mouth (though doubtful)

More relevant to the discussion, they don't know he's ascended yet. Keaton is just worried because her assassination failed, so instead of not having to fight ANY cubi, she now has to fight three cubi and one of them has her by the proverbial shorthairs. Not to mention whoever else decides to come through that door Daryil just opened.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 27, 2011, 08:48:40 AM
The Greek God of Jealousy? :P

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me," - Deutoronomy 5:9

The question I have about the wolf head on the tentacle... were the earlier heads wolf-like, or draconic? I've looked, but I can't see them close enough to tell at the image sizes in the comic. At least the places I could find them (page 166, for example - I didn't go back further than just before the start of the chapter, though). Seems odd to me to have the tentacle heads pop and then re-create themselves, but I can see it might work that way - the fake-ish ones breaking and being replaced with all-new ones that are done in the usual way...

Also, he shouldn't wash his mouth out with soap. He should wash his brain out with soap...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2011, 06:28:19 AM
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me," - Deutoronomy 5:9

The first commandment.  I took it from Exodus 20:5, but yeah, same text.

QuoteThe question I have about the wolf head on the tentacle... were the earlier heads wolf-like, or draconic?

They're all supposed to be wolf-heads.  As for them bursting, in the original story they sort of faded away.  In this, Ren was going to make them burn, but it looked like they had popped so I took that idea and ran with it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

hapless

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 22, 2011, 10:17:35 AM
Oh, just wait 'till you see Jakob's expression in the page I'm colouring now.  As for the reference, he will explain it himself in a couple of pages, when he's able to speak again.

Yuuuuup... tho again, the *nom!* is the cherry on top of the cake.
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Madmann135

tentacle wing heads should be used for making COFFEE!!!
Side note it is weird seeing Daryil trying to act so serious.  I have associated him with making pranks (intended to be fun yet harmless or teach lessons), destroying property with something of greater value to replace/repair it, attacking fish and just being weird.  For him to cos-play Jesus and be serious about it is up his alley but weird for him.

Quote from: AmberCross on May 28, 2011, 04:51:21 AM
More relevant to the discussion, they don't know he's ascended yet. Keaton is just worried because her assassination failed, so instead of not having to fight ANY cubi, she now has to fight three cubi and one of them has her by the proverbial shorthairs. Not to mention whoever else decides to come through that door Daryil just opened.

In order to avoid possible spoilers I refrained from saying he has ascended (in all likely hood that is a good guess).  Tapewolf also said he was making updates and changes to sink the comic with the parent comic.

I can't wait for more of Daryil's pranks (or rampages), Joshua's upgrades, Keaton getting humbled and certain future events to occur.

AmberCross

To be fair there was some sort of major disruption in the clan power, Daryil was last seen with a large pile of synthetic souls, and he thinks he's god now (or is at least pretending to). I think the fact that he's ascended now is a foregone conclusion. It's just that Jakob, Keaton, and co. don't have access to some of the information that we do.

Arrith

To be fair to Jakob,  he either wasn't expecting anybody to hear it or it simply slipped out.  Like the way that i don't swear any more for the most part... Until i bash my foot into the table leg and i swear loudly. Considering the situation he's in a little profanity isn't uncalled for.
My amusement at Jakob's ear being eaten by his own wing does not stop my from being sorry for the poor guy. This is probably the worst day he's had in a long while.

I refuse to say that Daryil has ascended to tri-wing status. It makes sense but Da plots, dey be a twistin. That doesn't stop me from happily chanting "Keaton's gonna get it. Keaton's gonna get it."

This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

joshofspam

Ah, but what is the method Daryil will use to give it to Keaton?

Will this be a throw down with Keaton and Daryil or will Daryil do something that will knock everyone off their game? Will Daryil have to lift a finger to beat her?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Quote from: Arrith on May 28, 2011, 04:31:04 PM
To be fair to Jakob,  he either wasn't expecting anybody to hear it or it simply slipped out.  Like the way that i don't swear any more for the most part... Until i bash my foot into the table leg and i swear loudly. Considering the situation he's in a little profanity isn't uncalled for.
My amusement at Jakob's ear being eaten by his own wing does not stop my from being sorry for the poor guy. This is probably the worst day he's had in a long while.

I refuse to say that Daryil has ascended to tri-wing status. It makes sense but Da plots, dey be a twistin. That doesn't stop me from happily chanting "Keaton's gonna get it. Keaton's gonna get it."

Actually Daryil is breaking Jakob mind shield (without trying I might add).  Jakob thought "Oh Fuck... he's flipped out real good this time" and Daryil herd it as if he was speaking it.  The mind shield being broken with such ease is what scared Jakob.

Lurkie

The way Dariyl's holding his hand in the last panel looks to me like he's going to grab a nice big ball of fire out of mid air.  That's not something you see every day.  :U   Then too, Simeon could do something.  Given where Keaton has her right hand, Simeon could probably bite the end of a finger off.  That would distract her.   :erk

Gabi

Simeon doesn't seem to be capable of anything lately. :-/
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Arrith

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 28, 2011, 07:32:59 PM

Actually Daryil is breaking Jakob mind shield (without trying I might add).  Jakob thought "Oh Fuck... he's flipped out real good this time" and Daryil herd it as if he was speaking it.  The mind shield being broken with such ease is what scared Jakob.

Heh, i stand corrected.
Though my statements hold true!
just in different ways now. >>
*starts to inch away*
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

AmigaDragon

It makes no sense... but the little wolf going 'nom' is ridiculously adorable. It kind of makes me think of a put foot in mouth moment where you just said something that afterwards you come to REALLY regret. So maybe that's why the wing decided to stick something in its mouth (though doubtful)

I think it's more like Daryil grabbing his ear like a scolding parent with their child.

Quote from: joshofspam on May 28, 2011, 07:12:18 PMWill Daryil have to lift a finger to beat her?

Skadoosh

Oh look, Daryil is steam-powered. Look at the chimney out of the back of his head in the last panel. :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lurkie

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 29, 2011, 02:23:58 PM

I think it's more like Daryil grabbing his ear like a scolding parent with their child.

I've been wondering if the wing tentacle is trying to get Jakob's attention.  There's that nice, big, red button on the wall behind him, with a nice, big sign that says "EMERGENCY LOCK" in large, friendly letters.  I wonder what it does.  Maybe the wing tentacle is trying to tell Jakob, "push it... push it..."

Remember, Jakob is not an Evil Overlord (though he played one on video).  So we needn't fear the results of Evil Overlord Rule #9.

VAE

A total aside- if Daryil even made a videoclip it'd be this
See what the turkish guy does - the multiplication, the gratuituous use of fireballs and teleporting and the facial expression...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lurkie on May 29, 2011, 07:51:18 PM
I've been wondering if the wing tentacle is trying to get Jakob's attention.

Nah, it's just running rampant. 

QuoteThere's that nice, big, red button on the wall behind him, with a nice, big sign that says "EMERGENCY LOCK" in large, friendly letters.  I wonder what it does.
Nothing, because the bulkhead door is already locked from when Keaton hit it.  Finding a terminal and entering the pass-code to unlock it is something they can't really do until Keaton has been made harmless.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on May 29, 2011, 08:53:44 PM
See what the turkish guy does - the multiplication, the gratuituous use of fireballs and teleporting and the facial expression...

Just to clarify, is that the guy with the moustache and beard, a turban, and a matching cloak? Or the other guy, with the moustache and beard, turban, and matching cloak?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lurkie

Actually, I think it was the guy with the mustache, beard, turban, and matching cloak.  Of course, I could be wrong...

Raskahn

Quote from: VAE on May 29, 2011, 08:53:44 PM

Heh, it's actually an Indian guy :)

Correction aside, the tentacle "nom" made my day.