Teen Titans (2013)

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, May 02, 2011, 06:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh man, oh man... There's gonna be a Teen Titans live-action movie! Slated to come out 2013, I just stumbled across it while researching voice actors.
This is pretty exciting... I wonder if it will be any good. I also wonder if it will be "based" off of The 2005 cartoon or the older comic graphic novel series.

Thoughts?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Darkmoon

Strictly speaking, it's only a graphic novel if it's purposefully released as a self-contained book. Even mini-series, like Watchmen, don't count under the strictest definition, although series like that are more "graphic novel" than any recurring series that goes on, and on, and on.

Teen Titans went on for years (decades). It's still going on in one form or another. It's a comic book series, although collected it's "trade paperbacks."

Now, having said all that, I do have to wonder what iteration of the Titans they're going to use. There have been so many characters that have cycled through that series over time, they could choose just about any characters they like and still make it work. They'd really only have to include Robin, since he's the most recognizable "Titan."
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alondro

I wonder if Uwe Boll and Michael Bay will co-direct!  It'll be awesome!   :eager

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sienna Maiu - M T

While I didn't think "graphic novel" really fit the bill, they hardly count as "comics" anymore.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Darkmoon

The technical term is still "comic book".

Sienna Maiu - M T

Not according to the source who told me they weren't... :.

But what does he know? He only sells books for a living.
my art thread

Darkmoon

Every comic book clerk I've ever dealt with still calls them comic books. That's just the name for them. "Graphic novel" implies a certain release schedule, and "trade paperbacks" are collections of comics. As far as everyone is concerned (including DC Comics and Marvel Comics), it's still "comic books". You could also call them "Sequential Art", but that's an overriding term for everything we just discussed, as well as animation.

Sienna Maiu - M T

eh, whatever. *shrug*

Works for me.
my art thread