03/04/2011 [PF #164] It's not easy being blue

Started by ChaosMageX, April 03, 2011, 07:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Don't you just love those unnatural exotic colors?  I know I do.
It's nice to know Amber's influence is still working even after she stopped reading the comic. :P  Still, I wonder what feline species Torris is.

Also, exactly how many lives did Johan Cross take?  I know he seemingly took thousands of lives and souls, but how many people did he really kill?

In regards to the forum topic date, I was tempted to change the format from DD/MM/YYYY to YYYY/MM/DD, but I decided to keep the format the same, since I can't change the title of topic that VAE beat me to.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

She goes right to the assumption that he killed him. She seems quite impressed by that too. :U

Isn't like Jakob couldn't have made up the adventurer as one of his many aliases for when he would leave the academy for work or a break. >:3

Though I'm a little at a loss on deciding if Keaton's or Simeon's clan were more evil?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Jakob is a fan of making things flashy even when it is deception.  I would not be surprised that the adventurer was a fake, it brings more weight to my accusations.
I mean if I wanted to end my reign of terror on a high note I would fake my death and make it as flashy as I could.  Having a 'random hero' come along, decapitate me, parade my severed head around as a trophy then later said random hero dies unceremoniously... that is what I would do.  It makes questions that can not be answered... as long as birth records are not needed.
I mean if I am guessing correctly.

I want to hear more of the "Three little pigs and determined encyclopedia salesman" story.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 03, 2011, 07:26:55 PM
Don't you just love those unnatural exotic colors?  I know I do.

There were three stages in his design.  All turquoise and two variants on turquoise and blue.

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Torris.png
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Torris2.png
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Torris2a.png

...I had wanted him all-blue at first, but was looking a bit too much like Devin.

QuoteAlso, exactly how many lives did Johan Cross take?  I know he seemingly took thousands of lives and souls, but how many people did he really kill?

About 10-12 people, spread over 300 years.  I'd have to look to be sure.  Bear in mind that whatever Keaton thinks she knows about it may not be terribly accurate.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was under the impression the number was 7, but obviously I'll defer to TW.

As for the encyclopedia salesman, I'd be interested in that myself. If only for the amusement value. *grin*

And as for Torris, I don't believe he was supposed to die. If someone had questions, he'd be wandering around somewhere heroing/adventuring, and if someone went to the effort of looking him up, he'd be more than happy to answer those questions. And I'd bet that Johan has an entire explanation that holds together and covers all the problems that anyone who isn't a conspiracy theorist would find perfectly acceptable.

I mean, if _you_ wanted to fake your own death, you'd think of all the ways to get out of the story and come up with a solution that blocks as many of them as you could. And, worst case, leave yourself a way to stop any others that someone else might come up with.

Very worst case, Torris could show up and laugh at them. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 04, 2011, 06:50:06 AM
I was under the impression the number was 7, but obviously I'll defer to TW.

I make it 9, but I may have missed one or two.

• Three part-demons who killed Azrael in the coup
  • Two bosses of the Zarista gang
  • Ha'Khun guard turned murderer
  • Ulric (who tried to assassinate Jakob and almost killed Ashley)
  • The executioner who was going to hang Niall
  • A nameless official from Port Okra who rebelled against Jakob's rule

...the event Keaton is talking about is the deaths of two of Azrael's killers.  I will try to recap this in the comic at some point.

As for the encyclopedia salesman, I'd be interested in that myself. If only for the amusement value. *grin*

I'd consider it a tragedy.  I was looking at the story of the three little pigs, and looking at possible reasons the wolf might want to get in but which didn't include eating the pigs.  The 'Three Little Pigs' album took this idea and twisted it round so far that I ended up with the wolf trying to kill the pigs again, but for very a different reason.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I will freely admit I didn't actually count, I was going off a half-remembered reference to it somewhere back in the mists of memory.

So, yeah. No arguments at all.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 04, 2011, 09:48:34 AM
I will freely admit I didn't actually count, I was going off a half-remembered reference to it somewhere back in the mists of memory.
So, yeah. No arguments at all.

Oh, indeed.  I wasn't taking it as a challenge, I thought it would be interesting to see.  I do remember making a list at some point but I couldn't find it.
I always remembered it as about 10-12, but that might also have included bandits etc. killed between the Johan Cross era and the RP I was playing at the time, which was roughly present-day DMFA.

Turnsky

it wasn't an encyclopedia salesman...

it was a particularly overzealous Jehovah's witness  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

There is a comic.  And I should have gone to bed three hours ago.

EDIT and before anyone asks, 'Jacob' was not a 'Cubi, more like a Being with wings.