25/03/2011 [PF #163] What, no stepping on roses?

Started by ChaosMageX, March 25, 2011, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Hahaha, and we see Dorcan making an entrance like The Terminator. :P

And we also see that Keaton indeed has heads on the ends of her wing tentacles, meaning that Lady Jyraneth is indeed still alive in the canon of the Project Future comic. :mwaha

By the way, I forgot to mention that in the last comic page, it sort of sounded like Keaton was speaking with a British accent, but now she sounds American again in this comic page.  It must have just been the curse words she was using.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2011, 08:47:32 AM
And we also see that Keaton indeed has heads on the ends of her wing tentacles, meaning that Lady Jyraneth is indeed still alive in the canon of the Project Future comic. :mwaha

AFAIK the Lady has been sat in a foetal position in a cave somewhere for the last 6 centuries so I'm taking that to mean "inactive" with regard to the Clan Leader arc.

Fun fact - I couldn't find any references of Keaton's wing-heads, or get in touch with Keats, so I used Jakob's.

EDIT:  And yes, Keaton is supposed to have an American accent.

Also:

http://project-future.org/stuff/things/pf163-outtake33.png

...I swear this happened by accident.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Don't have a lot of time here, but the whole sequence with Keaton is raising a lot of tactical questions. The one most salient though, is where is the warp-aci she summoned? Right now, her objectives seem to be
A kill Simeon
B Get out alive.

And warping the two of them to some sequestered corner of the world seems like the best way to achieve both objectives.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Keleth

I feel bad for Josh.

I kinda wish they'd cover how efficient tackling someone out of the way is opposed to running up to someone and pushing.

I'm getting an idea of just how badly run his previous organization was.
Help! I'm gay!

joshofspam

Ah, but has she outsmarted Dayril?

But still Keaton seems to be playing this quite a bit it seems. She could have left at any time with a warp-aci, so why hasn't she left yet backing through a portal?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: joshofspam on March 25, 2011, 01:08:46 PM

Actually, while she was posing as Commander Ashford, she sent an assassin to take care of Daryil, in this comic page.

However, Daryil is still quite powerful, so the question is whether or not that assassin has managed to succeed.  :mwaha

Icon by Sunblink

Keleth

The assassin succeeding would be the plot twist that nobody would see coming.
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 26, 2011, 03:03:54 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on March 25, 2011, 01:08:46 PM

Actually, while she was posing as Commander Ashford, she sent an assassin to take care of Daryil, in this comic page.

However, Daryil is still quite powerful, so the question is whether or not that assassin has managed to succeed.  :mwaha

Given this page, I suspect the sasswot will find it tricky.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

Quote from: Drathorin on March 26, 2011, 03:12:40 AM
A real plot twist would be if the assassin turned out to be Daryil himself.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

joshofspam

Quote from: LionHeart on March 27, 2011, 12:01:21 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on March 26, 2011, 03:12:40 AM
A real plot twist would be if the assassin turned out to be Daryil himself.

You know I  expect that Dayril will at least once will jump out in a Hula skirt for one of these plot twists.

Turnsky

he's prolly backstage playing uno with Bengahl.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on March 29, 2011, 03:07:59 AM
he's prolly backstage playing uno with Bengahl.  >:3

"Royal flush!"
"Snap!"
"Go fish."
"Aww, nuts. Okay, your turn."

Tapewolf

This year we do have an April pic.  Thanks very much to Keaton's player for her hard work in making this possible.
Hopefully we'll have a regular comic tomorrow.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* Which is which? Indeed, what an interesting question. Whoever you ask, you can't be sure of the answer...

Sunblink

I'd like to point out that I'm accepting constructive criticism for that picture. c: So uh, if anyone has any advice... well, let me know. I want to improve. I'd appreciate hearing back from some of the artists on this forum.

joshofspam

Ah! A reference to Labyrinth.

With an even bigger question of who's the fool? Daryil for his nature  or you for playing the game?

It wouldn't be fair to judge you on art. I like it though.  But for what you've done I think this was a well thought out April fools page. Well done Sunblink :)

Tapewolf

Ren's DSL looks like it's gone down again and he did not manage to send me the artwork in advance.  Hopefully it will just be a day or two, but it's kind of outside our control.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 01, 2011, 12:49:14 PM
*snerk* Which is which? Indeed, what an interesting question. Whoever you ask, you can't be sure of the answer...

Actually, there is one way to be sure, and it's actually showing in the picture.

Look closely at the left wrist of the one of the right, and you'll see the Daryil clan symbol, proving that is Lord Daryil on the right.

Jakob's clan symbol is on his left hip/upper thigh, which is currently covered by his pants in this picture.

The clan symbol is the one part of a cubi that can never lie. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Corgatha Taldorthar

Course it can. It can't be shapeshifted away, but it can be covered up, and presumably, faked with the appropriate drawing or tattoo. You'll notice that our figure on the right has his arms covered up, and if Jakob was going to impersonate Daryil, you can be sure he'll come up with a way to fake the little details like that.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Just ask one of them who the other would say he is.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly