Golden drakes

Started by Madd the Sane, February 10, 2011, 02:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

I just noticed that the seal of the City Zinvth is that of a golden drake. Abel was visited by a golden drake in a dream. Correlation? Maybe someone in Zinvth cast a spell on Abel to make him sleep. Maybe that someone was Kria, who was informed by Fa'lina that he would be coming near their place.

Why yes, you can move this to the Tinfoil Hat Tearooms if you believe it's needed.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

The truly interesting question, Madd, is when did Kria cast this spell?

Three hundred and fifty years ago, when Abel just vanished into SAIA? Three hundred and ten, when May died?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

To be honest, I never noticed the golden drake. I think though, if it signifies anything, you're running in the wrong direction with it. I think that Kria might be one of Mab's 5 friends who each received a boon.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Maark30

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 10, 2011, 10:59:40 AM
To be honest, I never noticed the golden drake. I think though, if it signifies anything, you're running in the wrong direction with it. I think that Kria might be one of Mab's 5 friends who each received a boon.

Then that might also mean that Fa'lina was another friend that received a boon as well.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

AmberCross

Dan + Jyras + Kria + Fa'Lina + Merlitz + Wildy + all those other people that keep getting speculated about = 5

It's simply amazing how many ones you can fit into five sometimes...

Shachza

If you follow the science of "rounding," then you can fit as many as you want.

1=1
.999999999 is close enough to 1 to be considered 1
.999999998 is close enough to .999999999 to be considered .999999999, and therefore it is also 1
???
.000000001 is close enough to .000000002 to be considered .000000002, and therefore it is also 1

:P

How many 1's do you want in 5 anyways?

P.S.  Tinfoil Hat Tearoom here I come!
            <-- #1 that is!

Mao

Actually, this thread is pretty safe from *me* moving it to the tearoom.  Why?  Because it's off in it's own thread and not spamming up a comic thread (or getting away from the original topic of the thread) for one.  Another because it's really not over the top and isn't a repetition of the same crap we've heard before.  I can move it there if wanted or if you guys get so mind-bendingly out there that even those well versed in the comic simply can't see it or even figure out how you're reconciling it with the rest of the comic.

VAE

Quote from: Shachza on February 10, 2011, 04:03:25 PM

1=1

Depends on your requirements really...
When making up placement of stuff on a PCB, it is 1.
When you are messing with satellite navigation, it very much ain't
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Omegan

Quote from: AmberCross on February 10, 2011, 03:04:03 PM
Dan + Jyras + Kria + Fa'Lina + Merlitz + Wildy + all those other people that keep getting speculated about = 5

Merlitz may not be one of the "five friends." He seems to have been a late-comer to Lost Lake.

Dan, Wildy, Mab and Jyrras appear to have been childhood friends -- with the appropriate definition of "childhood" for Mab. Alexsi might be number four.

Just one left, IMHO.
It's that Inherit the Earth guy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

1=1
.999999998 is close enough to .999999999 to be considered .999999999, and therefore it is also 1
.000000001 is close enough to .000000002 to be considered .000000002, and therefore it is also 1

I believe your logic is flawed in there somewhere. ;-] Argumentum ab absurdam, or something...

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2011, 06:26:57 AM

1=1

I believe your logic is flawed in there somewhere. ;-] Argumentum ab absurdam, or something...

It's actually this: Heap paradox
However  it only arises where  definitions are poor.

In this case, what i was trying to point out, is that he misapplies rounding - you never round to the same amount of precision as you started with.
If you do things properly and keep track of the introduced errors, the final statement goes that 0.000000001 = 1+-0.999999999  which is true.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stig Hemmer

When did we see the seal of the City Zinvth?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Infranscia

Hmm...  I always thought of it as a sort of Mythos.  Perhaps a Mythos/Demon cross, because of who governs it.  I also kinda figured gold as something to show the power of the city, or something; as in 'We can make our emblem out of gold, because of how high we are in status,' or something to a similar effect.

I suppose it's possible that it's meant to at least partially be a gold Drake.  I suppose I'll keep the emblem/dream connection in mind as a possibility, but I think I'll wait for more evidence and/or clues before going into theorizing, personally.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Maark30

I have to agree with the golden mythos idea.  If you look at the symbol it has tentacles that are not on a drake.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Omegan on February 11, 2011, 12:01:18 AM
Quote from: AmberCross on February 10, 2011, 03:04:03 PM

Merlitz may not be one of the "five friends." He seems to have been a late-comer to Lost Lake.

Dan, Wildy, Mab and Jyrras appear to have been childhood friends -- with the appropriate definition of "childhood" for Mab. Alexsi might be number four.

Just one left, IMHO.

Errrrmmmm

I've been thinking this for a while. And I'm really not sure. Hell, my brain keeps muttering "No, can't be" but the idea still stays with me. . . haunting my dreams

Crap.

Pip. I think he's one who Mab did a favor for. I think he's slightly more intelligent than other drakes.

Don't kill me!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now, that's an interesting idea. I'm not sure it's accurate, since we have no idea how intelligent other drakes are, and judging by the information in the Demo 101 page, they could all be just as intelligent as Pip is. But... interesting idea. Very interesting.

By the by, I fixed your sig.

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote .. we don't *really* know if Mab knows how to count to five ... she *is* a Fae after all.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 22, 2011, 03:21:41 AM
Now, that's an interesting idea. I'm not sure it's accurate, since we have no idea how intelligent other drakes are, and judging by the information in the Demo 101 page, they could all be just as intelligent as Pip is. But... interesting idea. Very interesting.

By the by, I fixed your sig.

True, they do have their own bars if I remember right. It really would explain Pip's loyalty (given that he doesn't have dog-like intelligence as I previously though).
It's just a hunch as I said, and I think I'll hold on to it until Amber disproves it.

Also, thanks for the sig work.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 22, 2011, 06:24:50 AM
On a sidenote .. we don't *really* know if Mab knows how to count to five ... she *is* a Fae after all.  :D

That's not know how, that's attention span. :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

joshofspam

Pip might also be a subconscious reminder of where he use to live.

Dreams for a cubi later on in life might be a sign of mental stress that requires some kind of stress relief. After all he probably had his mind all together by the time he lost the ability to dream and Dan with friends probably screwed all that up.

But as for Pip being able to speak. Well it might be the Drakes might be lesser forms of dragons and they always could speak. Maybe there might be more to Drakes that hasn't been told by Amber as of yet.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 22, 2011, 12:17:55 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 22, 2011, 06:24:50 AM

That's not know how, that's attention span. :mowhappy

Noo .. I meant more like, how they sometimes have issues with believing in gravity and such.
They might think that in order to count to five, you first have to count 1, 3, 37, 22, .... and so on, all the way up to over 9000 ! .. and then .. then, comes 5 !

Fae - They just don't understand logic like the rest of us. :D

Shachza

I get the impression that fae understand our logic just fine.  They just chose to follow a different and more interesting brand.

"Everyone else believes in gravity, so that's boring.  I'll believe in something else instead!"
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Cats. I think I'll believe in the attractive powers of cats."

Shachza

Is that why people say black cats are bad luck?  Some guy way back in prehistory ran afoul of a fae and found himself gravitationally attracted to cats?
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Cats = gravity ?

Earth orbits around a big shining cat ?
Dang, things gets weirder and weirder all the time.  :D