03/02/2011 [DMFA# 1194] - This thread is relavent to my interests.

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 03, 2011, 03:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehe.

Nice to see Ambaaargh messing with our heads yet more. Hope her computer woes sort themselves out RSN, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

iceick

Well, now we know what Alexi's real mother looks like :mowhappy. So Quintinga and Aniz killed eachother at about the same time :mowdizzy. I wonder if this info has to do with why Destania married Edward. It's too bad that Macy had to cut off that part of the search before it told where Edward was though.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Awww! :love3 Alexi's just as pretty as her mom!

Edward was a lucky man indeed! :mowwink Especially, for scoring two hotties in a row! MROWR!! >:3

On a different note, I have a funny feeling that "Desiree Star" might be Destania; as we know here, she decided to start over starting with Dan. Plus, it would be a good cover to protect herself and her family from her enemies...... :sweatdrop ......well, at least until recently for some unknown reason.....

Tapewolf

Interesting indeed.  Shame about Quintinga, though.  And yes, a pity it got cut off there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2011, 04:38:18 AM
Shame about Quintinga, though.

True... but if she had lived on, Dan wouldn't be around.

(This is reminding me of conversations I have about my Mum's first husband:
"He died."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be, I like existing.")

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on February 03, 2011, 04:52:28 AM
True... but if she had lived on, Dan wouldn't be around.

Also true.  I am dead curious about the Aniz-Quintinga fight, though.  Who started it, for instance.  Likely Aniz, but given what happened with Mink's mother and the reaction Destania got entering the inn, you never can tell.

Pretzel

I have a question, though: why was Destania labeled as a being when she's a creature? And before someone says something like "Oh, she was in disguise, just like Aniz", may I remind you of these strips, where she's clearly not a being, and is in public.

Zaejue

perhaps Ed has more wifes than we know of and Desiree Star is just one of many

Sofox

Dear... feaking... gosh...

I have the most simple theory to all of this and it fits everything perfectly.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Pretzel on February 03, 2011, 05:36:42 AM
I have a question, though: why was Destania labeled as a being when she's a creature? And before someone says something like "Oh, she was in disguise, just like Aniz", may I remind you of these strips, where she's clearly not a being, and is in public.

As to this strip, she had just wandered into the inn and met Edward, so it was before Dan was born; and with the wedding still before Dan and we don't know for certain, who was all at the wedding or if they just had a quiet ceremony. Trusted friends and allies could have just attended the wedding only.

As to the other strip, it looks like she's inside with Dan; so unless their are others there or hidden cameras or if people can see through walls; who is to really say.

To be honest she could have picked and chosen when to reveal her wings (or true self); it's not that hard to hide her wings. As here for instance, only her back wings are there and as she says Dan's friends were there. Obviously, she would make sure she could trust her son's friends, don't you think? :P Especially, since Cyra Clan is known to have a lot of enemies.

Although, I'm more inclined to think that the data on the database is listed as such to throw people off. In other words fraud, if it were to say succubus on the data base, then obviously that would cause notice to investigate, since cubi in general don't exactly have a pleasant reputation. Also, they would have obviously listed what her name was prior to marriage, like it did with Quintinga; whose last name was Sharpspear. I can just see an enemy of Cyra Clan now.......

*a dragon hacks into the database, and runs across the name Destania Cyra, who is now Destania Ti'Fiona*
OH, MY GOD!! A Cyra Clan member?! >:O MUST KILL!!! :mwaha

I doubt the name "Desiree Star" or the word "Being", when hacking or looking up information is least likely to cause any red flags. Unless of course, some random person by the same name had enemies......... :.

And to maybe possibly explain, why Dan had wings to random strangers; perhaps the same reason "in disguise Aniz" used for May here. Since Edward's an adventurer, that can fit into use here.

Sofox

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Hariman

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 03, 2011, 06:24:41 AM
Quote from: Sofox on February 03, 2011, 06:21:56 AM
I think you're right there ZeTavia.

Thanks, for the vote of confidence! :mowwink

It's a sound theory.

What gets me is that Destania and Biggs were talking about Ed and they mentioned him being in the hands of the Dragons, in stasis. This happened during "The Return of Dark Pegasus", after Destania had sent Dan off to stop DPs resurrection.

The name Cyra also means "Throne" or "Sun", so that could be a clue as to why Destania is listed as Desiree Star.

And last but not least, it seems Danny Boy inherited his love of Amazons from his father. Heck, Dan's probably happy that Matilda ripped her brother's arm off and is one of the Blue Volcano Mythos. After all, he fought them and they are pretty tough and dangerous at the minimum.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

MT Hazard

Search: Sharpspear

Detail: SHARPSPEAR, one of several adventuring Amazon tribes, favours the spear or polearm.

See also STABSWORD, BLUNTCLUB and WHIPCRACK
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Arcblade

I just have to point out- "Star" is rather close to "Siar."  

This could mean a couple things, but I'm currently thinking of it as a sign of Destania's mental shift from caring about Aniz to caring about Edward.  Since presumably she ditched the fake surname for Edward's surname.  

Delicious answers.  Looking forward to seeing more!  Hope the computer problem is something easily and cheaply fixed.  

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Hariman on February 03, 2011, 08:32:32 AM
What gets me is that Destania and Biggs were talking about Ed and they mentioned him being in the hands of the Dragons, in stasis. This happened during "The Return of Dark Pegasus", after Destania had sent Dan off to stop DPs resurrection.

In this regard, it goes back to my first post where I say.....

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 03, 2011, 03:56:05 AM
....Plus, it would be a good cover to protect herself and her family from her enemies...... :sweatdrop ......well, at least until recently for some unknown reason.....

So in other words, something must have happened to turn the tides towards the Dragon's favor; as to what, that hasn't been revealed yet in comic, so it's open to speculation as to how they found out about Dee's connection to Edward. Especially, if she took the precautions to avoid her enemies in finding out about her and her son (Dan); since he's part of Cyra Clan, too. I mean as far as the Dragon's know Daniel doesn't exist, according to Biggs at least.

Also, they mentioned that the Dragon's had Edward in the "Get Me To The Church" chapter, not in "The Return of Dark Pegasus"; however that is the correct chapter when Dee sends Dan to stop DP.................again.... :sweatdrop I swear DP is harder to get rid of, then junk mail. :P

Hey, maybe DP had something to do with the Dragon's having Edward? :. At first he didn't seem to pleased about Lorenda supposedly "dating" Dan, who is from Cyra Clan and DP seems to know Destania, as stated here; where he tells Dan that he truly has become his mother's son.

Quote from: Hariman on February 03, 2011, 08:32:32 AM
And last but not least, it seems Danny Boy inherited his love of Amazons from his father.

Well........like father, like son! :3

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 03, 2011, 09:23:31 AM

Detail: SHARPSPEAR, one of several adventuring Amazon tribes, favours the spear or polearm.

Ok, so it's not Quintinga's last name and just the tribe she's from..........but in Abel's previous posts they listed full names, so I just assumed.

Or would her amazon tribe name, count as a last name? :.

Also, where did you find that information, MT Hazard?

EDIT: I apologize for having to fix a lot of spelling & grammar errors in my posts; I have yet to go to bed. Curse my severe insomnia!! :cuss

Sofox

I've a theory:

[spoiler]
Quintinga is Destania.

When Destania left SAIA, she wanted to hunt down Aniz.
She disguised herself as an amazon adventurer so that she could track Aniz without raising suspicion or being identified.
As an adventurer she met Edward and a "relationship in the workplace" developed.
She told him/he figured out/she let slip the truth that she was a cubi, and he accepted her and they married and had Alexsi (Big story behind this presumably). Alexsi is most likely a being(Aniz wasn't sure Abel was a cubi until the headwings, so it's possible).
Destania found Aniz in 1973, by coincidence or effort. She fought and killed him.
Brutally wounded, she faked her own death; or rather, Quintinga's death. With Aniz dead there was no reason for her "live a lie" and the fight presented a good opportunity convincingly end her alter-ego's life.
Still hurt but in her true form, she returns home to Lost Lake; possibly too weak to shapeshift.
Edward "meets" Destania for the first time, the bar patrons try to attack her, but Edward warns them off because she is, of course, his wife.
Since they are not legally married now (since she married under a false name), they rectify the situation by marrying again (though yet again with her under another false name, though with a truer form).
Dan is born (his conception possibly moves the wedding forward).
[/spoiler]

Well I think it's a nice theory, it explains Destania and Edward marrying so quickly, the "coincidence" of Destania meeting and marrying the husband of the woman who killed Aniz and... dammit, there's got to be something else it explains... ah well...

If you think the theory through, you realise it holds a startling revelation about the Ti'Fiona family:
[spoiler]

Dan an Alexsi are not half-brother and half-sister....

...THEY ARE BROTHER AND SISTER!!!
[/spoiler]

MT Hazard

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 03, 2011, 09:29:54 AM

Ok, so it's not Quintinga's last name and just the tribe she's from..........but in Abel's previous posts they listed full names, so I just assumed.

Or perhaps she didn't have a last name originally and took the name of her tribe as one. Something to put on the paperwork anyway.

As for where I got the info... . [spoiler]It was meant to be a joke based on the fact that her name is 'describing word-weapon' and other people/tribes might have the same system. I don't have the inside scoop or anything[/spoiler]
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 03, 2011, 09:37:43 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 03, 2011, 09:29:54 AM

Or perhaps she didn't have a last name originally and took the name of here tribe as one. Something to put on the paperwork anyway.

As for where I got the info... . [spoiler]It was meant to be a joke based on the fact that her name is 'describing word-weapon' and other people/tribes might have the same system. I don't have the inside scoop or anything[/spoiler]

I agree, that would be something to put on the paperwork. It'd be weird to just have your first name only; if that were the case she'd be like Madonna or Cher. :P

In regards to the info....
[spoiler]
Ah, I couldn't quite tell that is was meant to be as a joke; but after rereading it I can see it now. :3
[/spoiler]

Kayriel

You kind of wonder. How is Abel going to feel when he learns that his father was killed by Dan's sister's mother?
<3 Abel

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Kayriel on February 03, 2011, 11:17:08 AM
You kind of wonder. How is Abel going to feel when he learns that his father was killed by Dan's sister's mother?

Abel will feel like sending flowers and candy to Alexsi with a thank you note.   :batman

With regards,
Ted

joshofspam

That picture shows the love they felt for each other, :hug but it also shows the dangers, risks, and costs of an adventurer as well. :mowsad

On the right side of her face you can see her Eye might have been destroyed and the fur around it along with fur on the ear are gone. Something tells me that early in her career that she was a risk taker and Edward was the level headed one.

Edit: whoops! Not so sure about the ear know. I think the furless patch around her eye is making it hard to compare with the other ear. It's a rather subtle change in color. At first I didn't notice it before I took a closer look at her face and a small area.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on February 03, 2011, 11:58:30 AM
On the right side of her face you can see her Eye might have been destroyed and the fur around it along with fur on the ear are gone. Something tells me that early in her career that she was a risk taker and Edward was the level headed one.

It would be kind of ironic if she was stuck like that because Adventurers habitually drive off or kill anyone with the magical know-how to fix it (e.g. Mink's mother - again).

Prof B Hunnydew

Gosh Damn it   Stop trying to write out the only Amazon in Dan's life.    Well, He did run into some in his early career as an adventurer. BUT still!! Dan grew up with stories about Quntinia from his father and his half-sister.  So, naturally He want to look for them in his career.

And where did Alexsi's Hammer come from, if not her mother.  And another thing, Alexsi wouldn't be blonde, if Destania was her mother even if Alexsi was born a Being/Non-cubi half-cubi.

PBH

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ted Schiller on February 03, 2011, 11:46:36 AM

Abel will feel like sending flowers and candy to Alexsi with a thank you note.   :batman

With regards,
Ted

killstealing rarely gets flowers, but then killstealing is rarely hereditary either
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

If Quintinga had been Destania, she would have had to hide her clan symbol very carefully, as it cannot be shifted away.  Edward would have found out the first time they were... uhm... boingy boingy.   ;)

It does not remove the possibility of an elaborate ruse, for Aniz often disguised himself as an adventurer, and I believe Destania was said to have been injured by a party of adventurers.  It just means Ed would have known the truth from a very early point.

Hmm, I can't think of anything to completely prove or disprove that theory at the moment.  So unless someone can point out a fact that dispells it, it's in the realm of plausibility.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Infranscia

I'm going to go with the 'Desiree Star' being Destnia's 'married name.'   Strips 296 and 299 strongly imply that she started using a different name after Dan was born, basically being symbolic of her (supposedly) leaving her old life behind, although to protect her family is another likely reason.  I have no real opinions/theories on why she picked the name other than the vague resemblance to her previous name.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 03, 2011, 12:39:06 PMAnd where did Alexsi's Hammer come from, if not her mother.  And another thing, Alexsi wouldn't be blonde, if Destania was her mother even if Alexsi was born a Being/Non-cubi half-cubi.

Alexi's cast page says that the mallet is a weapon that her mom left behind.  It's probable that she had more than one weapon to use in case she lost/broke one mid-battle, or to choose between to better fit the battle situation (blunt weapons are good at cracking ribs through armor with pure force of impact).

Also, Dee couldn't be Quintiga.  Dee disappeared only a year before Dan was born, being still in SAIA before then, and Alexi is two years older than Dan.

And I'm pretty sure Alexi technically shouldn't be blonde if her dad has brown hair, but from what I've seen, genetics seem to be more fickle than that, so... *shrug*

Heh, I see they were adventuring teammates who got married.  I bet that happens a lot.  :mowhappy
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2011, 12:27:24 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on February 03, 2011, 11:58:30 AM

It would be kind of ironic if she was stuck like that because Adventurers habitually drive off or kill anyone with the magical know-how to fix it (e.g. Mink's mother - again).

True, but if Alexsi's mom survived a while longer after the Battle it would make it more ironic.

I don't think Kria would appreciate the person she would have congratulated dying because of her and the rest of the cities politics after what Aniz did to May and Abel. I suppose it always can be worst.

Sorry Mods. That first version of this post just looked awful. Had to fix.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Akisohida

he already knows.

1) He mauled Ink when Ink said Dan was a Ti'Fona, so he knew the name.

2) he knew his father was dead.

So I conclude that, when she killed his father, he followed her awhile, perhaps plotting revenge for taking the chance from him, and saw her marry Edward, or otherwise learned of it, so he knew her last name was now Ti'Fona, and that she killed his father.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Ghostwish

Alexsi's mom, has got it goin' on. Alexsi's mom, has got it goin' on...

... what?