Doom snow of doom.

Started by Alondro, January 28, 2011, 01:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Well, I have returned and partially recovered from 13 hours of helping my brother with his snow-removal business.  I was shovelling the super-heavy wet snow from 4:30 am to 5:30 PM on Wednesday... and my entire body was aching this morning.

So far this year we have had the following snow amounts in this order:  26 (Christmas blizzard), 8, 3, and now 17.   All of this in 1 month and 1 day!  And what's worse is it never warms up enough to melt the previous storm's snow, so it piles up on top.  We have snow mountains in every parking lot.

Anyone else living on the East Coast and dealing with the mounting difficulty of removing the vast piles of snow?  And, as I am, dreading the possiblity of yet another storm one week from now?  D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmberCross

Over here in New Jersey (or Jew Nersey as I sometimes accidentally call it) we've been getting snow on and off for the past week or so. It's just been piling up like crazy and everytime we get rid of what's already here, more comes down. We've only just finishing clearing up the current batch and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. I am loving this. ^.^

Brunhidden

i find it odd that here in wisconsin we have not really gotten much snow, when it does snow we only get a few inches

however it is routine to hit -4 F, or -20 C for those of you on metric

it scares me that i am used to this, but its a good reason to own a scarf
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Castle Pokemetroid

Here in Hawaii, the weather almost never changes. Just a few degrees here and there for winter and summer.

It's great, don't even have to worry about fallen leaves during fall.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on January 30, 2011, 06:58:06 AM
Here in Hawaii, the weather almost never changes. Just a few degrees here and there for winter and summer.

It's great, don't even have to worry about fallen leaves during fall.

... just falling centipedes all year round.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

Usually we only have one or two snows a year that accumulate over 1.5 inches, and usually in February... we've had snow every week or so accumulating over 2.5 inches. It's not necessarily a lot, but it would help if my town actually plowed or tossed down a little salt. XD

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Angel

Over in New England, buried in my house and at school. I can't tell whether to bundle up and stay in or get out there and build a snow-dragon.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

joshofspam

I've only been in North Dakota close to a year or more now and the snow has been interesting.

Was kind of amusing watching the college students try to get out of the parking lot of the apartment on Christmas day. He who didn't leave before a storm usually ended up stuck until the plows came into  town. That usually took a day or two after a storm.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

As of right now, Chicago is undergoing a severe blizzard warning and the storm is supposed to last from Tuesday late afternoon/evening until sometime tomorrow.

This means we're all going to be buried in snow! HURRAH!!! :sweatdrop

Anywho, let's just pray this won't be as bad as the last ice storm I was in....

Brunhidden

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 29, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
i find it odd that here in wisconsin we have not really gotten much snow, when it does snow we only get a few inches

i blame myself for saying this, as i too am in the path of the two foot deep projection of the upcoming blizard. all schools in the area have already closed in advance for tomorrow, let out early today, and induced a rush to the supermarkets because nobody expects to use that silly 'road' thing for the next day and a half

Lisky

*peeks in from under snow*

Ya, we're about knee deep out in pretty much all of MI from what i've heard... I am rather displeased with all the snow... my dog on the other hand, couldn't be happier XD

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Alondro

We got rain this time!  We escaped at last!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

techmaster-glitch

I have lived in this one town in California for my whole life and I have never seen a single snowflake here :U Have gotten hail about once a decade, though, and if I drive an hour in any random direction there is snow to be found. I literally cannot form a mental picture of what it must be like for you East Coasters xD

Omega

As a Finn, I really can't feel sorry for you people. To me, this is like being the kid with freckles and notice that on one day in the school, everyone has a bad case of acne.

Valynth

What the hell is this snow thing you yanks keep whining about?

/Living in 'bama does have it's perks...  If you can manage to avoid the locals...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

Quote from: Omega on February 07, 2011, 03:13:58 PM
As a Finn, I really can't feel sorry for you people. To me, this is like being the kid with freckles and notice that on one day in the school, everyone has a bad case of acne.

MANDITORY

Alondro

That picture from Finland was taken in July, right?  ;3