28/01/2011 [DMFA# 1192] - Four matches found

Started by Tapewolf, January 28, 2011, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Now I'm curious about the other three 'Cubi named Abel.

EDIT:  Come to that, would the Zinvth public registry have pictures, e.g. taken magically and then digitized more recently?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Which brings up the question, is there a Furrean equivalent to Facebook? If yes, then may god have mercy with Abel.

... on second thought, if there were such a thing, Jyrras wouldn't be the least likely person to actually run it. Uh oh... :U

MT Hazard

Lets just hope Macey doesn't Greet Abel by his full name, there could be tension...and tentacles
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

Oh boy.  Go-go gadget Robo-stalker!  Wonder what's going to be on that registry.  Vital statistics, obviously.  Parentage, perhaps.  Might Macy learn what exactly happened to Abel's dad?  I hope we get to see some of this- or at least some of Macy's or Jyrras' reactions to it. 

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2011, 08:00:35 AM

EDIT:  Come to day, would the Zinvth public registry have pictures, e.g. taken magically and then digitized more recently?

Hmmmm... Who's to say that all four entrees aren't of Abel?

Though we might be getting some insight on how Kria took the choice Abel made or at the very least how the city took things.

I wonder if Macy hacks Abel's academy records would Fa'lina know? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Fa'Lina probably would know that someone "hacked her server" .... but being a nine thousand year old cubi, she might have missed out on what a "server" really is and not quite know what to do with the information. However, I'm sure she'll know some geek who could use the information, and since she is pretty good with people, she'd eventually figure it out.

As for there being a Facebook equivalent, I'm sure it's called Facebook, after all, Aaryana was introduced to LiveJournal by Abel.

And oh boy, could Macy become a scary stalker, if she wanted to !
I have faith in Amber though, she wouldn't make Macy squicky.

Please ... no squicky ? :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2011, 08:35:13 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 28, 2011, 08:03:16 AM
Don't be.  >:[

Oh, all right  :<

Heh. As someone else mentioned (Hi, josh!) there's nothing to say that the four are not "Abel", "Abel Dimitri Rewanz", "Abel Rewanz, Cubi" and "Abel Rewanz, kindergarten graduate" (just to select four possibilities at random)

Uh... If this is what Amber has selected, then I'm very very sorry for accidentally spoiling her surprise. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Infranscia

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 28, 2011, 09:52:45 AMAs for there being a Facebook equivalent, I'm sure it's called Facebook, after all, Aaryana was introduced to LiveJournal by Abel.

Actually, that was Dan.  But yeah, considering how many Earth-culture references there are (MacGyver being a recent one), odds are that a lot of their culture is pretty parallel with all the same names.  Whether or not Facebook has been invented yet in Furrae is another story.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 28, 2011, 10:01:12 AMHeh. As someone else mentioned (Hi, josh!) there's nothing to say that the four are not "Abel", "Abel Dimitri Rewanz", "Abel Rewanz, Cubi" and "Abel Rewanz, kindergarten graduate" (just to select four possibilities at random)

Uh... If this is what Amber has selected, then I'm very very sorry for accidentally spoiling her surprise. ;-]

I dunno...  I'm thinking it's more likely the others are three unpleasant individuals that we don't want to know about.  That or they're really not important to the story and Amber doesn't want to explain (for multiple reasons).  Possibly both.  Hope Macy can tell which one is the Abel she's looking for.

Speaking of which, yes, I agree that this has 'trouble' written on it.  Talk about Googling someone.  :rolleyes

... I wonder if any of Abel's embarrassing childhood habits are on that file?   >:3 :U
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 28, 2011, 10:01:12 AM

lies.

you're never sorry.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

One of the entries is probably his LiveJournal entry http://cubi-cookies.livejournal.com/

Whenever, I do a Google search, I always get a number of results that are totally off-topic, although I can usually understand why they appeared in the list.  Sometimes, they are just a total mystery.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AxiLarin

Quote from: joshofspam on January 28, 2011, 09:31:55 AM

EDIT:  Come to day, would the Zinvth public registry have pictures, e.g. taken magically and then digitized more recently?

I imagine all four are for our Abel from different sources.  We know the one is Zinvth's public registry.  Another is probably Armansta's public records.  And there might be one for the college Abel attended in Zinvth.

I doubt SAIA's records would be accessable.  So whooooo is source #4?  :sweatdrop

Maark30

Quote from: AxiLarin on January 28, 2011, 12:03:08 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 28, 2011, 09:31:55 AM

I imagine all four are for our Abel from different sources.  We know the one is Zinvth's public registry.  Another is probably Armansta's public records.  And there might be one for the college Abel attended in Zinvth.

I doubt SAIA's records would be accessable.  So whooooo is source #4?  :sweatdrop

Oh, SAIA could be accessed if a certain poodle wanted it to be, (hint hint).
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Alondro

I suspect that at least one of the other matches might have something to do with Abel's father...

In which case, our lil robot girl is likely to assume the Dalek position:  EXTERMINATE!!!  EXTERMINATE!!!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Maark30

Quote from: Alondro on January 28, 2011, 01:30:09 PM
I suspect that at least one of the other matches might have something to do with Abel's father...

In which case, our lil robot girl is likely to assume the Dalek position:  EXTERMINATE!!!  EXTERMINATE!!!   ;)

It is more likely that it will give his connection to Kria.  And from that the massacre that Kria was not" at when Abel found out he was Cubi.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on January 28, 2011, 11:22:50 AM
One of the entries is probably his LiveJournal entry http://cubi-cookies.livejournal.com/

I don't think so. That's Abel Demitri Rewanz, not Abel Dimitri Rewanz. See?

Arcblade

Delicious technicalities. 

But what kind of Furrae resident would Mark Zuckerberg be? 

Shachza

Don't forget that Abel let some random lady take pictures of him while he changed out of paint-soaked clothes...   :mwaha
            <-- #1 that is!

Ghostwish

Don't be.  >:[

There's a little something I've learned through DMing my D&D games. Never throw little details like that out, be they insignificant or not...

... because the players will be all over them like piranhas on bloody ham.  :mowdizzy

Captain

"it says he pukes at the sight of blood" he passes. Something tells me that won't be the result.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Naldru

Take a look at the image on this page that says "Blood Gah".  Is that close enough to "pukes at the sight of blood".

Of course, it could be an impostor.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Infranscia on January 28, 2011, 10:19:51 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 28, 2011, 09:52:45 AMAs for there being a Facebook equivalent, I'm sure it's called Facebook, after all, Aaryana was introduced to LiveJournal by Abel.

Actually, that was Dan.  But yeah, considering how many Earth-culture references there are (MacGyver being a recent one), odds are that a lot of their culture is pretty parallel with all the same names.  Whether or not Facebook has been invented yet in Furrae is another story.

DOH !

*Facepalm.org*

My bad, sorry about that.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 28, 2011, 08:18:01 PM
Don't be.  >:[

There's a little something I've learned through DMing my D&D games. Never throw little details like that out, be they insignificant or not...

... because the players will be all over them like piranhas on bloody ham.  :mowdizzy

I do believe that that was her intention. It's not her fault that they're all _wrong_, now, is it? ;-]

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Abel, you have been "Googled"!  :3

The only thing I have to wonder, is with whatever information Macy does find on Abel; how much of it would really be current?

He's pretty much been at SAIA, since the stone age! :P

... because the players will be all over them like piranhas on bloody ham.  :mowdizzy

I now have a mental image of piranhas at a restaurant eating ham..... :aack

Starcat5

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 29, 2011, 11:25:28 AM
... because the players will be all over them like piranhas on bloody ham.  :mowdizzy
I now have an mental image of piranhas at a restaurant eating ham..... :aack
Same here. And at least one of them has a top hat and monocle.  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

OminousShadow

Quote from: starcat5 on January 29, 2011, 11:34:18 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 29, 2011, 11:25:28 AM
I now have an mental image of piranhas at a restaurant eating ham..... :aack
Same here. And at least one of them has a top hat and monocle.  >:3

You have me imagining that now.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

AmberCross

Well a few questions... first, would the public records really know he is a cubi? I mean he kind of left the moment it was revealed. I know the answer to this is they probably updated the info after he left, but it still seems a bit weird to me...

So we're not supposed to be curious about the other three Abels, but are we allowed to pretend there are just four versions of him running around from very close together alternate realities? It might explain this strange person who is ALMOST Abel, but appears to have spelled his middle name wrong.

Finally... I know this is really unlikely, but I keep thinking this to be somewhere in his records.

Amber Williams

The reason I am kind of "meh" on the whole speculation about other Abels is that its more my mindset that while I realize that comic characters usually end up with a monopoly on their name, the reality is odds are names are going to be used more than once in the world.  And I find it really hard to imagine that in all the 100k history of Cubi, that no other Cubi has had the name Abel.  I figure the only reason there isn't more is because Abel I classify as a Being-based named and it isn't a very common one.

I would expect there are a LOT of adventurers out there with the name Daniel.  Probably a lot of Cubi as well.  Ironically enough odds are searching for Daniel, Cubi would get a bunch of results and none of them Dan.  Where as Daniel, Adventurer would result in a bunch more and Dan would only be in the sea of them with no mention of being Cubi.