01/01/2011 [PF #151] - He's off to a good start

Started by Garsemor, December 31, 2010, 07:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garsemor

Note the sarcasm in the title.

Every time I see Jakob whit those sunglasses I always think of Wesker from resident evil. Also good thinking on Renwards part, where better to hide than in the body of a guard-bot.

Tapewolf

There is a reason I wanted to get this out before 2011 ;-)

[Fixed typo in title]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I like matching up what's being said on the television too whats being said in this discussion.

I swear that if he puts on a fur coat and warm fuzzy slippers on his current body a will laugh. Maybe that's reason enough to get him out of that body before they all walk into a room while he's doing something ridiculous.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Wils does have a point.  If he is found out to still be alive that can cause all sorts of problems.  BUT he is goofing off playing with the feral panther body and has to grow up sooner or later.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 31, 2010, 10:58:11 PM
Wils does have a point.  If he is found out to still be alive that can cause all sorts of problems.  BUT he is goofing off playing with the feral panther body and has to grow up sooner or later.

The thing is that Jakob was mailed that bullet.

So his fear might be for good reasons for his reasoning, but in actuality him ending up with a new body might have been the point in the first place.

Just who was that guy? I almost want to blame Dayril for being on the news at the same time as the other report. But putting a soul sucking bullet in someones head would probably even make him squeamish.

Captain

Screw anthromorphism, being a panther way better :kirby!

*immediately whines about not being a panther for no reason*
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

llearch n'n'daCorna

On the other hand, does Wils know that his new android head is also bulletproof?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

It may be bulletproof, but it's far from indestructible, not to mention there are ways to kill in Furrae without even damaging the body.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 01, 2011, 09:26:40 AM
On the other hand, does Wils know that his new android head is also bulletproof?

depends on the size of the bullet.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LionHeart

You know, I can see Wils staying in the panther body, and operating the android one by remote control. That would give him the best of both worlds, plus he could use it as a decoy in case of further assassination attempts.

Imagine - an assassin shoots the android body:

Assassin: "There, that's the end of Renward Wils."

Wils: "Guess again."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on January 01, 2011, 07:09:00 PM
It may be bulletproof, but it's far from indestructible, not to mention there are ways to kill in Furrae without even damaging the body.

The same applies to his current body, though.

Quote from: Turnsky on January 01, 2011, 11:29:38 PM

Okay, okay. I don't recall JC testing the android heads with a Barrett .50...

... although that'd be pretty cool, given the weapon is anti-materiel.

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2011, 12:18:42 PM
Quote from: Gabi on January 01, 2011, 07:09:00 PM

The same applies to his current body, though.
Of course. Hence why he doesn't want people to know it's him.

Lisky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2011, 12:18:42 PM

Quote from: Turnsky on January 01, 2011, 11:29:38 PM

Okay, okay. I don't recall JC testing the android heads with a Barrett .50...

... although that'd be pretty cool, given the weapon is anti-materiel.

Psh... what if the assassin happens to be a creature... i'm pretty sure a demon could shoulder a man-portable 20mm anti-tank rifle, if not larger :P...  just think of the destructive potential of creatures and firearms when you bring enhanced strength into the picture >:3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

LionHeart

I suspect most Creatures would regard firearms as too sissy for them...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ChaosMageX

Quote from: LionHeart on January 03, 2011, 01:19:10 AM
I suspect most Creatures would regard firearms as too sissy for them...

However, that begs the question: Can angel/demon skin or cubi wings be bulletproof if the creature with it concentrates hard enough to make it so?

It's mentioned that cubi of the Taun clan have indestructible wings.  Does that mean that their wings could stand up to even to heaviest anti-armor or anti-aircraft rounds?  Could they withstand blasts from a high powered multi watt laser?

Icon by Sunblink

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 04, 2011, 12:03:49 PM
However, that begs the question: Can angel/demon skin or cubi wings be bulletproof if the creature with it concentrates hard enough to make it so?

It's mentioned that cubi of the Taun clan have indestructible wings.  Does that mean that their wings could stand up to even to heaviest anti-armor or anti-aircraft rounds?  Could they withstand blasts from a high powered multi watt laser?
Well, one can make an educated guess that their indestructibility was never tested against firearms, since there probably were not any on Furrae until a relatively recent period of time, so who knows?..

inuhanyo

Quote from: joshofspam on December 31, 2010, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on December 31, 2010, 10:58:11 PM

The thing is that Jakob was mailed that bullet.

So his fear might be for good reasons for his reasoning, but in actuality him ending up with a new body might have been the point in the first place.

Just who was that guy? I almost want to blame Dayril for being on the news at the same time as the other report. But putting a soul sucking bullet in someones head would probably even make him squeamish.

It is extremely improbable that the bullet containing Wils soul got mailed to the one place where Wils would get a new body, by coincidence.   And the assassin knows that he preserved Wils soul, so Wils argument doesn't actually hold water.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: inuhanyo on January 04, 2011, 11:19:47 PM
It is extremely improbable that the bullet containing Wils soul got mailed to the one place where Wils would get a new body, by coincidence.   And the assassin knows that he preserved Wils soul, so Wils argument doesn't actually hold water.

Unless whoever mailed the bullet -knew- what Jakob really does and -wanted- Wils to get a new body, for whatever mysterious reason... ;)

joshofspam

Ah, Then again there are more problems then just him being killed again by one lone assassin if people find out he is still alive.

He would be an equivalent of a android undead and those pesky creating new life laws still sound in affect here.

So who do you think he should really fear? Someone who killed him in the first place or the unwashed masses of the torch and pitchfork carrying mob?

Maybe he should be fearing another bullet to the a little less then the possibility of being dismantled because he shouldn't be alive. Its definitely be intersting how Daryil's clan lawyers change that ruling for the android bodies. Will they use a standard all typed up arguement or use something like that old spice commercial? Heck! I wouldn't be surprised if Daryil represented himself in court for any time he went before a Judge. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

See, now I have a mental image of Daryil.

"Hello gentlemen. Look at your man, now back at me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he married people, he could be here in jail like me. Look down, look up, where are you? You're in a park with the man your man could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with asparagus. I don't need it, but you might later. Look again, the oyster is now an android. Anything is possible when your man looks like me. We're on a beach."

At which point, the court looks up and discovers that everyone is on a beach in the Bahamas. And Daryil is making eyes at the bailiff...

*cough*

Gabi

That's the 2nd time I've seen that ad parodied on this subforum. And I'd never seen the ad until I saw it linked to from here. Which is probably a good thing, because the ad itself was quite ridiculous and only good for parodies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't believe I saw it, or at least, not that I recall, before the last time it was posted here in this subforum.

Of course, now I can't get rid of it, and, as you so rightly attest, it's quite ridiculous and only useful for parodying.

... having said that, I do believe that Daryil would make an _excellent_ Old Spice Man. And not just because, well, anything is possible...

Tapewolf

Good news, an early update.  Bad news, it's filler because Ren has caught the Dreaded Lurgi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E