10/24/2010 [PF #141] - I'd be worried about Daryil's antics too

Started by ChaosMageX, October 24, 2010, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Is it just me, or does Simeon seem like a complete wuss.  What the hell did Daryil do to him again?

Does Daryil enjoy messing with people's heads?

Was Simeon gay before Daryil got to him?

Icon by Sunblink

NykVerien

Quote from: ChaosMageX on October 24, 2010, 08:22:35 PM
Is it just me, or does Simeon seem like a complete wuss.  What the hell did Daryil do to him again?

No, he's just a bit worried. Probably been a while since someone he cares about has been in trouble (ie since his parents' death).

ChaosMageX

Quote from: NykVerien on October 24, 2010, 08:47:59 PM
Is it just me, or does Simeon seem like a complete wuss.  What the hell did Daryil do to him again?

No, he's just a bit worried. Probably been a while since someone he cares about has been in trouble (ie since his parents' death).

Yeah, I guess you're right.  Also, he's making a perfect :< face in panel 6.

And Daryil's hilarious antics make me want to bring Jaarard Daryil out of my head and into the light of HHH.

Icon by Sunblink

LionHeart

Quote from: ChaosMageX on October 24, 2010, 08:22:35 PMDoes Daryil enjoy messing with people's heads?
Well, everyone's got to have a hobby.

Especially if you happen to be immortal, and incredibly powerful... :mowwink
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

VAE

Does Daryil enjoy messing with people's heads?

Was Simeon gay before Daryil got to him?

It isn't just you... he does seem rather... unmanly.
Considering the first time Jakob met him (one of the sideline strips, this one drawn by Kipiru) he was a cold-blooded murderer belonging to one of the anti-wing groups, and tried to pwn Jakob, he went a long way down
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

i'd be more worried about their fashion sense than anything else.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: danman on October 24, 2010, 09:28:01 PM
It isn't just you... he does seem rather... unmanly.
Considering the first time Jakob met him (one of the sideline strips, this one drawn by Kipiru) he was a cold-blooded murderer belonging to one of the anti-wing groups, and tried to pwn Jakob, he went a long way down

Make love, not war...

Quote from: Turnsky on October 25, 2010, 01:24:48 AM
i'd be more worried about their fashion sense than anything else.  >:3

Actually I was struck by how similar the design was to what Kamill was wearing:
http://tapewolf.deviantart.com/art/Kamill-in-colour-142711661

FWIW, this isn't exactly what Simeon would wear in the street.  The collar was a treasured gift, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

I think I get what danman meant by "a longway down". He does look quite fragile and defenseless in panel 6. While I agree that leaving fanatism and irrational hate behind is progress, that doesn't imply losing your self confidence and inner strength. So, is that the result of something Daryil did to him, or was the bold attitude he showed in AWITW just a facade? Or maybe he was broken for some other reason since then? Has he been like that since he realized he'd been killing innocents? It's still a strange personality shift, but I don't know the effects such a trauma can cause.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Turnsky

Quote from: Gabi on October 25, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
I think I get what danman meant by "a longway down". He does look quite fragile and defenseless in panel 6. While I agree that leaving fanatism and irrational hate behind is progress, that doesn't imply losing your self confidence and inner strength. So, is that the result of something Daryil did to him, or was the bold attitude he showed in AWITW just a facade? Or maybe he was broken for some other reason since then? Has he been like that since he realized he'd been killing innocents? It's still a strange personality shift, but I don't know the effects such a trauma can cause.

lobotomy, perhaps?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

Quote from: Turnsky on October 25, 2010, 04:15:34 PM
Quote from: Gabi on October 25, 2010, 10:49:58 AM

lobotomy, perhaps?

Maybe Daryil gave him something to believe in and losing him has left him psychologically traumatized and opened up old wounds of losing his family?

Though with him being there it might lead to a lot of trouble if Keaton finds out he's there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Okay, there is a comic now.  It's not quite what I'd hoped, see the rant for details.  With luck we'll be able to replace the bottom row with the proper art tomorrow, but that depends how Ren feels.  Kudos to him for managing to get this far with it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E