10/20/10 [CVRPG III #1348] - Magics

Started by Destina Faroda, October 20, 2010, 03:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Oh no!  Looking at the last panel. I feel really, really sad.  It looks like Raye really did off herself in the suicide attack.

If so, this seems like a pivotal moment in tone.  While a lot of minor villains died, all of the major ones either didn't let death stop them (Sindra, Shaft, etc) or were dealt with in other ways (Blacula).  Other than the previous Devil, I can't think of anyone in the main story who was so prominently featured and who was killed.

Will Raye stay dead?
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... She was already, wasn't she? Technically, I mean... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

She was technically undead. As is about half the cast.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Castle Pokemetroid

I'm surprized that Dmoon really had someone important killed off.

He usually uses some plot device like the mirror versions of the main characters, or the universe ending to kill off the entire cast and or an important character, just for them to reappear several pages later.

Then again, Oltrox did die. Was it a mirror version or the real Oltrox?

I can't remember.

I also remember that Raye was burned by the sun, but it was some mirror version of herself.

I can't remember the last time the real Raye showed up in the main comic either.

Then again, I can't remember the first time or anytime other than in this peticular arc in the main comic that the real Raye showed up.

Was it only in Darkmoon's side arc that she was showed?

I sure hate only being capable of remembering bits and peices of webcomic storylines.

Darkmoon

There was a brief cameo in the first game, and then she played a prominent role in both Darkmoon's backstory and in the Year One arc.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Castle Pokemetroid

Ah, so she had showed up other than the current arc and Darkmoon's backstory. I though she had, but wasn't sure.

Anyways, back on the question posed by the first post of this topic, I don't think regular vampires can regenerate or ressurect like Dracula can.

They tend to stay dead once dead, despite them being undead.

Sure she got Dracula's powers from absorbtion (if I remember correctly), but as stated by shaft, or maybe death, she never got the ebony or crimson gems, so she shouldn't have Dracula's ressurection powers, since all she should of gotten was a major STR or INT boost, or maybe some other stats in a video game fashion. It dosen't seem that she got any new techniques.

Actually, judging from her battle with Darkmoon, I don't think she got any kind of boost. It's either the sheild Darkmoon has is almighy, or her powers hasn't risin at all from before. Then again, I can't remember her in battle much before.

Well, that's just my view. Characters who die who don't have ressurection abilities tend to stay dead, or it's just terrible story telling.

So far, Dmoon has done quite good with the whole "dead charaters are dead" thing. Then again, from what I remember, not many important charaters, including villians, have died to begin with.

I can't remember how link became a skeleton, then back into a human. It's the only time that I remember that he breaks that.

That, and richter. Huh, I guess dead characters do come back to life in this comic, now that I slowly start to recall.

It isn't a serious comic to begin with, so I MUST be overthinking things a tad.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

Really, zombie is a more apt term at this point.

and don't ever take anything in DSWC as cannon. It's purposefully not cannon, ever.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 01, 2010, 12:12:28 PM
and don't ever take anything in DSWC as cannon. It's purposefully not cannon, ever.

You know, out of all the things I should remember, shouldn't this be a big one?

Darkmoon

Remember, DSWC goes so far as to have it's own reboot. Nothing at all should be taken as serious in that series. Even after a reboot, three of the characters still remember pre-boot continuity.

Castle Pokemetroid

Three as in Ritcher, Cornell, and Death?

Darkmoon