Code Name: Hunter Forum Rules

Started by Talvin, September 30, 2010, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talvin

A Few Rules To Live By:

1) PG-13 PG-13 PG-13 PG-13 PG-13!
2) Do not be a Jerk.  We decide what is "Jerk".  
3) Keep things on topic.
4) No Spoilers in the main area.  We're adding a special area for Supporters to chat.  Anybody can read it, but at least they have been warned.
5) Do not spell it Codename: Hunter.  It is Code Name: Hunter.  Every time you spell it all as one word (Codename), a small, inoffensive, cute and furry lifeform is obliterated on a planet in another galaxy.  Talvin is working on his third solar system right now.  Don't be like him: spell it right.
6) Talvin only has a couple hours a week to put into this job.  If you start taking up too much of that time arguing the rightness of your position after he has declared the matter settled, he's likely to take extreme measures with cold, dispassionate fury.  Don't go there.

I have unfortunately had to add a rule 7.  It is as follows:
7) This is an Urban Fantasy comic produced by a Husband/Wife team.  It is not Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Discussions of Real-Life Science or attempting to insert Real Life Historical Facts into discussions here are usually going to be disruptive and counterproductive: if Science worked there like it does here, there would be no Magic.  If History there was like it is here, there would be no Magic and no British Queen named "Moraine".  Not to mention the characters would NOT be Talking Animals!  So, please do not use this as a place to show off your knowledge of Science or History: neither of these are particularly relevant.  If some scientific fact or bit of canon history matters, it will be included in the story--though you may have to be patient.  If you are asked to stop discussing such a topic, don't argue: this is not your sandbox. It belongs to someone else, and you are a guest.
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.

Darkmoon

And remember, as a part of CMF, the forum rules for the greater forum do still apply. And! just because this is a subforum doesn't mean that the main admins won't be in here to check up on things. Even if Talvin is away, someone is always watching.

OOOooooOOOooOOOooooooo...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Talvin on September 30, 2010, 08:27:33 PM
6) Talvin only has a couple hours a week to put into this job.  If you start taking up too much of that time arguing the rightness of your position after he has declared the matter settled, he's likely to take extreme measures with cold, dispassionate fury.  Don't go there.

And if he doesn't, I'm likely to take extreme measures with a sad, slightly disappointed look on my face.

... possibly more extreme than he is. We'll see.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Talvin

An additional rule has been added.

Reminder: when you create a problem, you cause us to create a new rule to deal with it.  So, if you are creating problems, you are forcing everyone else to deal with new rules.  Do not expect everyone to love you for this.
I don't expect Positive Karma.  If I get it, I am probably doing something wrong.