looking for help

Started by thegayhare, September 20, 2010, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi hi all
I know  this probably isn't the most appropriate post I've made, and I havent been around much lately but here goes

Alyssa Righter, born November 15, 2006 was diagnosed with anaplastic ependymoma on August 31, 2007. She was in the hospital for 7 and a half months and she had 3 brain surgeries and 3 major stomach surgeries. Alyssa also spent 7 weeks in PICU, and almost died 3 times. She is now 3 and a half years old

Well Alyssa had an MRI on Friday it's not good news. Alyssa has two tumors in the fourth ventricle of her brain about 3cm. each. She will be having surgery next week. My heart is just aching for her Cindy and Gary. To think this three and a half year old will have to do this all that again..

After the latest surgery we have come to realize that Alyssa's case is unfortunately terminal.  And though Make a wish foundation is hoping she'll be strong enough to participate in a trip to Disneyland.  All donations will go to help the family pay for Alyssa's final expenses.

If you want too see Alyssa check her out here
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4499211

my mom is painting pumpkins for halloween and selling them at a local event.  I'll be making apple cakes to sell as well.  I know most of you arn't in maine. but if you do want to help out you can ether send your donations to me or my sister who posted in her journal. http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/1712767/  My mom will be setting up a bank account soon and I'll set up a paypal link to that when it's don till then I'll accept donations threw my account.  Lost_angels@hotmail.com

sorry to be a bother and thank you all

thegayhare

I thought folks might like an update
we managed to raise over 400 dollars at the apple pumpkin festival on saterday

thegayhare

well its not like It got noticed but I thought you folks who bothered to at least read the thread might like to know that we've managed to cover all of Alyssa's final expenses

llearch n'n'daCorna

We noticed. I just didn't have anything of content to add. :-/

Glad to hear it's sorted.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 04, 2010, 03:29:19 AM

seconded.

( and I don't even have anything to add to that.  :< )

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 04, 2010, 03:29:19 AM

Sorry hon just a little bitter is all It just not fair. and thats getting me down

Alyssa was able to make it to disneyland, and while we are still fund raising weve been aproached by a cancer charity that promised to pay what ever expenses we couldn't raise so in the end the family can take care of the little girl

llearch n'n'daCorna

The cancer charity is great news.

And yes, I can understand you being down.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

I kind of know how you feel.

I had a grandmother who died of cancer. While watching an older relative die of the stuff. I can't help but think its sadder that a younger child that barely has lived would have to die of it.

Treatments and surgery can take a lot out of a person when trying to get rid of that nasty stuff and a child who has rarely yet to live makes it seem like its totally unfair that a child might die of it. The charity is great news.

I wish her and you luck.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.