30/07/2010 [DMFA #1131] - Death by Anvils

Started by Tapewolf, July 30, 2010, 05:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

D'ymkarra

IIRC, Plucky Duck (showing my age a bit here) suffered a similar demise many years ago...

For Mink however, this is just...inconceivable!

Hope you're feeling better soon Mabby...we all get in a rut now and then  :hug
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tangent

*puts an imaginary kitten on Ambaaargh's head, which promptly festoons her hair with ribbons*

Hope the cute pinks the kitten used helps pull you out of your blues, Amber. ^_^
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Jasonrevall

Anvils keep fallin on my head. . oh wait, that's not how the song goes.

I know how those depressions that come outta nowhere can be. Have a good week Amber.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Drayco84

QuoteTwo weeks after Abel's story ended, Mink died due to anvils.

*Starts calmly breaking out the torches, pitchforks, and gets plane tickets to Canada...*

For a case of "Blah, I don't wanna do anything." I usually pop a nice game into a console...

Alondro

Two weeks after Abel's Story ended, everyone still alive from the arc who had not yet been seen in DMFA had their souls eaten by Charline, who then became the primary boss villain and battled Dan to the death after he had achieved Super Cubiyan 3, with a power lever OVER 9,000!!!   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Anri

liari

Ffffft, squiglies are unharmed by anvils, everyone knows that.  Now, if it had been pianos, on the otherhand...

lilpuppy23

Quote from: MinkThis panel is full of lies! Don't listen to it!
I'm Fine!

Oh, okay. That clears up a lot.

Phew! Mink is fine!  :)

------------------------------------------------

Now for Aniz...  :shifty

PantheraLeo

Lies and slander! Everyone knows wild anvils are harmless unless provoked!

It was Kernel Sanders, in the home-ec class, with the salad shooter!
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Rambon

When was the last time anyone saw a cartoon on TV that used the Anvil gag? (no reruns please)

joshofspam

The virtues Cactus.
Let it's green and thorny hide never blind us to the home it gives to wild life around it or the few beauty given by its flowers that grow once and awhile
Well hope you feel better Amber. :hug

Anvil's are just one of many plot divices of hitting someone with for comic effect. Others include coconuts, as before mentioned pianos, mallets. Of course my favorite was pie.

But those anvils must have been filled with the opposite element of awesome. Does anyone know the opposing force of awesome?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

Quote from: Rambon on July 30, 2010, 02:40:26 PM
When was the last time anyone saw a cartoon on TV that used the Anvil gag? (no reruns please)

I belive that gag is owned by Acme and no one wants to get sued by them.

Just take your time Amber and do what you have to do to get out of that funk.  I get them myself so I know what it is like.  I always find that the best thing to do is snuggle with a significant other (when I had one) and watch stupid comedies.

Edit: Fixed your double post.  ~ Mao
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Drayco84

Quote from: joshofspam on July 30, 2010, 03:04:58 PM
But those anvils must have been filled with the opposite element of awesome. Does anyone know the opposing force of awesome?
Either Suck or Fail.

Quote from: Rambon on July 30, 2010, 02:40:26 PM
Uhhhhh... Now that I think about it... When was the last time WB played Freakazoid?

VAE

In fallout PnP one of the results for critical fumble is that a small anvil materialises and injures you for 2d10 if i remember
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Amber used a Monthy Python reference in the HTML document title on the main page!!
I thought Monty Python jokes was frowned upon ?

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 30, 2010, 03:20:16 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on July 30, 2010, 03:04:58 PMBut those anvils must have been filled with the opposite element of awesome. Does anyone know the opposing force of awesome?
Either Suck or Fail.

Nah, the opposing element of Awesome, is Awful.
Kinda obvious when you think about it.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Anri

One other funny hting... now I picture Amber as a Cactuar. Watch out for that 1000 Needles!  D:

Rambon

Quote from: Anri on July 30, 2010, 05:53:34 PM
One other funny hting... now I picture Amber as a Cactuar. Watch out for that 1000 Needles!  D:

... thank you for making my phobia flare up with that mental image.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Rambon on July 30, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

I thought it was 10K needles (10,000)...

Anri

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 30, 2010, 06:50:13 PM
Quote from: Rambon on July 30, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

I thought it was 10K needles (10,000)...

Depends on the game, or sometimes the Cactuar in particular. >_>

Kenji

Lucheek

Hey! The rare canadiacti is revealed!

Also, long live Mink. @w@

Gullible

Turnsky

Quote from: Anri on July 30, 2010, 12:03:38 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on July 30, 2010, 06:17:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYmcD2HLs8A

>.>

I got a different song in mind....

Go squiggly.

GO Squiggly!

SQUIGGLY WINS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsiap4x66vo

yeah but i can't think of anvils and not think of various warner bros skits.  :3

ooh ooh! i know, Mink must've been in the SAIA rendition of "The Anvil Chorus" :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Tangent on July 30, 2010, 06:38:03 AM
*puts an imaginary kitten on Ambaaargh's head, which promptly festoons her hair with ribbons*

Hope the cute pinks the kitten used helps pull you out of your blues, Amber. ^_^
No, you fool! Don't you realize that kittens are anvil magnets?!

Here, watch this! *Places a kitten on a trampoline painted with concentric circles.)

'Mew?'
*Klang!*
*Boing!*

'Mew?'
*Klang!*
*Boing!*

'Mew?'
*Klang!*
*Boing!*

Let that be a lesson for you!

The Auld Grump - No kittens were harmed in the filming of this presentation.

Jairus

"Conjure Falling Anvil" is an incredibly useful spell that can cause great devastation if wielded by the wrong hands. Clearly, some prankster thought it would be funny to reenact a Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoon without telling the Squiggly about this plan. Not so much a Squiggly as a Squishy then.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 31, 2010, 03:37:16 AM
"Conjure Falling Anvil" is an incredibly useful spell that can cause great devastation if wielded by the wrong hands.

Used properly it can also save your ass from an angry King's finger-of-death.

http://it-he.org/u6/screen64.gif

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Dang Tapewolf, that was possibly the most obscure gaming reference I have seen in years !

Well done. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.