07/10/2010 [PF #124] - Sexy Beast

Started by Lore, July 10, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

mmmm, Caves of Steel..... Can we have a chase scene with the motion strips at varying speeds? That would be cool, IMO.

Or complex sociology in a high tech setting. I'd like that, but I'm not sure how many other people would.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

I was bored, so I did this.  Fingers crossed he will actually come back this time (I'll be extremely pissed if his 'Gay for Abel' shirt gets returned to me because he wasn't there to collect it).

When I have some idea when the next proper comic will be, I'll update the rant and post here too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Inumo

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on July 24, 2010, 07:59:58 PM
Nice recycling. :P

See if you can spot all the differences between it and page 95...

EDIT:  I still think I should have made Daryil more goth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ooh, picture comparisons! Lessee

First off, there's a different lineup. 95 had Ren, Keaton, and Kipriu, wheras 125 has Joshua Oswald (all other characters being the same)

Poster says "Welcome Back Ren", instead of "Happy New Year. The sign itself is also not as wavy, and doesn't have a "tack" holding it up in the center.

Jakob's pants have changed from black to blue, and his general color seems lighter overall.

Ikaarion Daryil is no longer giving Jakob bunny ears, isn't wearing a santa hat, and all the turquoise (cephalic hair, collar, pants) has turned to black.

Dorcan switched his shirt and pants to purple and brown, respectively

Placement has changed. Ashley and Paige are not on the right of Jakob, Daryil, and Dorcan and are no longer talking with Niall, who stayed on the left.  Paige changed his robe to purple, but Ashley seems to be the only one not to change his clothes.  Niall's shirt has changed to blue, and whatever he and Ashley were drinking has changed color from purple to blue (or clear, and that's just the background blue)

The frame itself is slightly bigger.

If there's anything else though, it escaped me.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Chakat Blackspots

Keaton, Ren and the unicorn guy on the right side are no longer there, and Josh is there, but in armor (for some reason).

Also, what is the point of Ren going to this "Village" so often?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on July 25, 2010, 10:56:36 AM
Keaton, Ren and the unicorn guy on the right side are no longer there, and Josh is there, but in armor (for some reason).

Josh was coloured from one of Ren's sketches:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4213242
http://tapewolf.deviantart.com/art/Flightsuit-Josh-172655809
...they have a link to the original sketch on FA

I removed Keaton, Ren and Kipiru because it would be a bit daft having Ren celebrating his own return, Kipiru seems to have vanished and Keaton dancing on her own would be a bit weird.  I added Josh on a spur-of-the-moment idea since I was colouring the flight suit at the same time.

I now have two pages of comic, we're probably looking at an update on Tuesday and I'm tempted to try and catch up, but we'll see.  A lot depends what happens with Ren, supposedly he'll be away again next week.

Ren Gaulen

You can refer to this thread for some wild mass guessing, but in short it appears that I am ectually a member of the Spetsnaz who goes to the nameless Village (actually a biochemical technology testing area) to go through some qualification tests (or just to rake up some kills not to fall behind the colleagues). Lately I've been fighting a small mutant outbreak/alien invasion over there, two - thus got stuck there for two weeks in a row.

Gabi

Hey, it's Ren! It's nice to see you again. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

Amber Williams

Ren Gaulen

Paladin Sheppard

Raskahn

I agree with Ambaargh. The pet factory needs fuel to keep up with her demands.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Now, now, if you can tell us a few more details about your retirement, you can avoid the unpleasantness of the mines altogether.

joshofspam

Strange???? I always thought he was a dancer with the way his robot danced. :B

Nothing quite like laser dancing. Sword dancing is so last century.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 25, 2010, 11:39:22 AM
You can refer to this thread for some wild mass guessing, but in short it appears that I am ectually a member of the Spetsnaz who goes to the nameless Village (actually a biochemical technology testing area) to go through some qualification tests (or just to rake up some kills not to fall behind the colleagues). Lately I've been fighting a small mutant outbreak/alien invasion over there, two - thus got stuck there for two weeks in a row.

So from reading the wiki from that thread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacha), I can assume that:
1.)  His family is of the upper class and are able to afford multiple homes.
2.)  He's doing something possibly classified and is called over there to work on something
3.)  He's going over there to play games like TF2 or whatever.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on July 26, 2010, 08:25:27 PM
So from reading the wiki from that thread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacha), I can assume that:
1.)  His family is of the upper class and are able to afford multiple homes.
2.)  He's doing something possibly classified and is called over there to work on something
3.)  He's going over there to play games like TF2 or whatever.

From what I've heard:
[Edited due to reverse-ninja'ing]
#3 is close, but I'm not sure TF2 would run on a 1998-era machine with no internet connection.  (If he had internet he wouldn't be disappearing)

[Ren, if you want to answer that yourself let me know and I'll wipe this one]

Ren Gaulen

2.)  He's doing something possibly classified and is called over there to work on something
The dacha was given to my grandmother's sister by the Soviet government for achievements in her field of work (classified). The house was built by my grandfather and some of his friends when my parents were still young. Since then the house was modified a lot, with additional rooms built to it, but it is really habitable only when it's warm - you would not want to be there during winter. It is definitely not some luxury villa. Still, it is nice to have it. I am being called over there because my grandmother lives there all alone now (except for two cats) and wants someone to stay with her sometimes. It is also unbearably hot in the city lately, so I really try to get out there myself so my brains don't start melting. Russian summer is just as bad as fabled Russian winter. And I've got a Pentium 266 over there. It cannot run something like TF2.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2010, 03:04:44 AM
Wah! You beat me! :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 27, 2010, 03:12:08 AM

If you were on the forum more I wouldn't have got into a habit of assuming you wouldn't answer ;)

VAE

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 27, 2010, 03:12:08 AM
The dacha was given to my grandmother's sister by the Soviet government for achievements in her field of work (classified). The house was built by my grandfather and some of his friends when my parents were still young. Since then the house was modified a lot, with additional rooms built to it, but it is really habitable only when it's warm - you would not want to be there during winter. It is definitely not some luxury villa. Still, it is nice to have it. I am being called over there because my grandmother lives there all alone now (except for two cats) and wants someone to stay with her sometimes. It is also unbearably hot in the city lately, so I really try to get out there myself so my brains don't start melting. Russian summer is just as bad as fabled Russian winter. And I've got a Pentium 266 over there. It cannot run something like TF2.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2010, 03:04:44 AM

Heehe - reminds me of the house that once belonged to my grandfather's family and where he was raised - it has similar stats - we mostly use the garden it has for agricultural purposes as the house itself  could use some static repairs (read: there are cracks down some walls that you could slide a coin through)
And old computers - danman has a Cyrix M II clocked to 300MHz back home.
All in all  :hug
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: danman on July 27, 2010, 05:59:44 AM
Heehe - reminds me of the house that once belonged to my grandfather's family and where he was raised - it has similar stats - we mostly use the garden it has for agricultural purposes as the house itself  could use some static repairs (read: there are cracks down some walls that you could slide a coin through)
All in all  :hug
Tovarisch! :B  :hug

llearch n'n'daCorna

danman: I've still got a pentium 150 at home.

I don't think the hdd works, and I'm pretty sure the graphics card has given up the ghost, but it's still there...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

I always liked my grandmother.

She lived in a trailer home once she retired, but we still visited. I'd like listening to her stories of when she lived in Englind. Some would say she lived in interesting times. Still sometimes I wonder if she lived a little too closely to them when they happened.

Listening to stories of of sugar rationing and how you would be  on the look out for the red light of Hitlers new remote control bomb are kind of sobering things when you think about it. When your a kid you visits are quite fun and a change of pace and as you grow up you start learning more about the past that no book could ever tell you.

Your a very lucky person Ren and welcome back. :hug

P.S. My grandmother never had a computer and watched a lot of old horror movies on normal T.V., She'd often comment if eye was going to close my eyes and cover my ears then I should just stop watching and leave the room. :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

VAE

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 27, 2010, 07:08:55 AM
Quote from: danman on July 27, 2010, 05:59:44 AM
Heehe - reminds me of the house that once belonged to my grandfather's family and where he was raised - it has similar stats - we mostly use the garden it has for agricultural purposes as the house itself  could use some static repairs (read: there are cracks down some walls that you could slide a coin through)
All in all  :hug
Tovarisch! :B  :hug

SĂșdruh !   :B  :hug
*opens a flat-bottle  of "home-made" and pours to Ren and himself"
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 27, 2010, 07:39:59 AM
danman: I've still got a pentium 150 at home.

I don't think the hdd works, and I'm pretty sure the graphics card has given up the ghost, but it's still there...

Aah, if we're talking non-working, then i stll keep a motherboard with a  386, and a 10MB harddisk in the basement, both belonging to the same tower  years before.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

hapless

He he he...
Well, if we're 1-upping each other, I have a 486/66/16MB/420MB, a PPro/180/64MB/4.3GB (hard to get SCSI-2 disks nowadays) and a PPro/200/128MB/80GB all alive and serving, a decade and half after they were made ;)

Na zdrowie! *uncorks a bottle of samogon and pours three shots*
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Tapewolf

I have a P75 that I use for EPROM programming, a K6-200 that I use as a softsynth, a 286-12 that I've been meaning to see if it still works, a BBC Micro and a Psion EPOC laptop with an NEC V30 processor (that I don't think does still work).

Anyhow, the next comic is up.  Have fun :P

hapless

Yay, comic! ;)
EPOC32 was awesome. Sadly, the following Symbian wasn't. Btw, as you may know... was the latter actually based off the former, or was it a total rewrite?

Tapewolf

Quote from: hapless on July 27, 2010, 03:35:44 PM
Yay, comic! ;)
EPOC32 was awesome. Sadly, the following Symbian wasn't. Btw, as you may know... was the latter actually based off the former, or was it a total rewrite?

Symbian is EPOC32.  The laptop I have runs EPOC16, which is entirely different.  (And unlike Symbian, was actually easy to program :erk )

hapless

Heh, maybe it is, but doesn't quite feel like the late Psion era (4.x/5.x ?) one. Thanks for sharing the information.