05/07/10 [PF#114] - In the summer time

Started by Raskahn, May 07, 2010, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2010, 10:49:06 AM
He is talking about tails a la bird tails - something wide enough to support you in flight.

Thanks, I missed that - yes, I meant a tail in the aerodynamic sense to keep you level when gliding, otherwise you'd just flip over and over and crash.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 10, 2010, 10:14:00 AM
That's Keaton's favorite song, and if people get mad at her for her tastelessness she defends herself by saying it's catchy. XD

Look up the lyrics to "Tom O'Bedlam" aka "Boys of Bedlam" at some point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I had a strange thought.

Would these bodies have problems swimming?

After all, the trip through the washer proved he's water proof but it still doesn't show that he won't sink to the bottom of a lake or the ocean.

Still when it comes to flying I hope that the android body makes the sound from the Jettson's car. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: joshofspam on May 10, 2010, 12:04:10 PM
I had a strange thought.

After all, the trip through the washer proved he's water proof but it still doesn't show that he won't sink to the bottom of a lake or the ocean.
That reminds me of the "Ghost in the Shell" and Motoko's love for swimming.

joshofspam

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2010, 12:52:18 PM
I had a strange thought.

I was thinking more of the scene from Highlander when the guy had to walk all the way to shore at the bottom of the lake. :3

MT Hazard

I imagine there was much grumbling when the base/research was moved to the Arctic, from paradise to the frozen wastes.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 11, 2010, 06:48:01 AM
I imagine there was much grumbling when the base/research was moved to the Arctic, from paradise to the frozen wastes.

I dunno, just because it's nice in summer doesn't mean it can't be bitterly cold during winter, which is really why the business is seasonal and why it made a good location.  Besides, they've always got the dam if they really want to go 'outside'...

Dorcan and Joshua are 'overweight' by a few kilos, but it's not enough to make them sink like a rock.  Assuming there's enough air in the chest (which is fairly sparsely-populated) they should behave more-or-less like a regular Being in the water.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2010, 07:36:22 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on May 11, 2010, 06:48:01 AM

I dunno, just because it's nice in summer doesn't mean it can't be bitterly cold during winter, which is really why the business is seasonal and why it made a good location.  Besides, they've always got the dam if they really want to go 'outside'...

Plus, hey, even hell frozen over has its benefits: snowmen and hot cocoa. Can't do those things during summer.

Too bad that probably none of the arctic base's inhabitants find the consumption of food to be practical, seeing as most of them are either robots or Cubi. :<

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2010, 11:21:40 AM
Plus, hey, even hell frozen over has its benefits: snowmen and hot cocoa. Can't do those things during summer.

Too bad that probably none of the arctic base's inhabitants find the consumption of food to be practical, seeing as most of them are either robots or Cubi. :<
I'm sure even Cubi can't resist some hot cocoa in the cold of Arctic. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 11, 2010, 12:19:28 PM
After about 20 years it probably gets a bit old...

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2010, 01:04:43 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 11, 2010, 12:19:28 PM
After about 20 years it probably gets a bit old...

Maybe a beach resort might have been to public a place for having Android reanimated people walking around.

Removing tourist from the equation might help to keep the gossip to a minimal and would keep a stray wanderer from getting list in one of the connecting portal's. A kid going to the dam sight from the island would just be such a pain to explain away.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: joshofspam on May 10, 2010, 04:26:33 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2010, 12:52:18 PM
I had a strange thought.

I was thinking more of the scene from Highlander when the guy had to walk all the way to shore at the bottom of the lake. :3

Or Commander Data in "Star Trek: Insurrection"

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2010, 10:49:06 AM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on May 09, 2010, 11:55:39 AM
Confused a little, I thought they did have tails, at least that's how its being drawn in the comics.
He is talking about tails a la bird tails - something wide enough to support you in flight.

Well, Cubi can use magic.  Why not just use their wing tentacles to create a tail for flight?

Raskahn

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on May 12, 2010, 07:15:29 PM
Well, Cubi can use magic.  Why not just use their wing tentacles to create a tail for flight?

Using his shapeshifting would sort it but, IIRC they have yet to upgrade Dorcan's body to support advanced morphing.

EDIT: Removed pyramid -TW

Gabi

I know an hornero that lost its tail years ago and still flies.

And cocoa may or may not grow old, but tea does not. :mowgrin
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Okay, we've more-or-less caught up with the unofficial schedule.  Enjoy.