Generic Introductory Phase.

Started by THiN, July 30, 2006, 06:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THiN

The usual thing. Posted a couple times, then realized that I was wholly unknown to this community, so I figured I'd rectify it. Of course, I have no idea what to say, so I'll just do this to set my state to, "silly newbie," and let it rest.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You *could* always say something about your interests, or who you are, or where you're from...

I know *I* didn't, but you *could*... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Heh, lots of new members on these days. Hello! Welcome to The Team! As A Team, we strive to promote maximum productivity and empower Team Members to excellence!

Suwako

Welcome to the forums. The people here range from almost normal to mental and further. There are people that will give you a few warning about certain forumites. So that makes my job easy. *Hi*  :mowhappy

THiN

llearch: Beanpaste. To all three. Next question.
Bill: So how do I switch from being on The Team to A Team?
Aiyno: Ia! Ia! Cthulu Ftaghn! Ia!  :U

Sid

I got no idea who you are, but that's okay. Nobody has any idea who I am either, so we're kinda even :P
Yeah, I'm also one of those who skipped the introductory phase (for better or worse).

The people here are kinda freaky but lovable. But judging from your last post, you'll fit in very well with the rest of us, so welcome! ;) Hope you have a great time!
:boogie

Suwako

Quote from: THiA on July 30, 2006, 07:55:47 AM
Bill: So how do I switch from being on The Team to A Team?
Aiyno: Ia! Ia! Cthulu Ftaghn! Ia!  :U

Jeuggle? neika, trisn opox ter? (reaction)
(~Damaris edit: This is gibberish do not think this is a language)

Yeeh, what you want?

(Note this was updated after damaris's response SHE had a good reason)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: THiA on July 30, 2006, 07:55:47 AM

Oh, good. I was just checking...

Uh... "How many fish does it take to unicycle?" :-)

Damaris

English only please.

Welcome to the forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

THiN

M' 'pologies. I'll try t' stick t' English.

Nikki

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 30, 2006, 07:24:06 AM
Welcome to the forums. The people here range from almost normal to mental and further. There are people that will give you a few warning about certain forumites. So that makes my job easy. *Hi*  :mowhappy
Ain't i in a separate class?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

bill

Every time someone posts in english phonetic japanese, part of me deep inside dies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Just deep down inside, Neko-Bill? :-)+)

topher chee

remembers when he was a big newbie, ah yes, i remember.  *Baps a stamp on THiA's  forehead labeled "n00b* You can thank Taski for that ^.^  *Cackles into the darkness*

Lysander

Well, watch out, THiA. The beings/creatures here...they can change you. They can lead you to do drastic things. Things like reading or thinking. It's because of this place that...that I have over 60% of my thoughts consist of certain images. It will be a while before I can put these things on paper, and until I do they will not go away.

Just a warning though, this one welcomes thee to this...interesting place. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Rowne

Huzzah, DMFA/The Clockwork Mansion is a mind-altering substance.  Now we must feed ourselves to the World!

... sorry.

Anyway, don't worry too much about this place THiA, I'm sure you'll be fine.  In fact, you've already earned my respect by regressing a word to its true meaning.

Newbie in this case, which seems to have become noob and then nub (good grief, people are pencil nubs now?) and it's gotten too derogatory and lost its meaning.  However, newbie originally was an innocent word that just meant a person was new to something.

Everyone starts somewhere, as did I, as have you.  Welcome to the Clockwork Mansion forums.

(Edited to reflect that, y'know, we're on a new forum now.  Which I can't seem to get my mind to update to accept.)

THiN

I believe that the terms you refer to have split off into their own category. "Newbie," in my book, still simply means a new person. Then you have the noobs, n00bs, nubs, nublets, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, which are terms I avoid because they sound something a ten-year-old might use. If and/or when a newbie (Or other chatter) uses these terms to describe a person of poor mental capacity, I consider both sides, and usually find that either one, or both are "A gourmet buffet of failure." Thus, I label them as, "People I will avoid talking to."