03/20/10 [PF #107] - Doomed from the start

Started by Lore, March 20, 2010, 09:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lore

Ahaha, so that's what happened. Poor kid never had a chance, did he? It seems Jakob didn't think very highly Daryil in his younger days. I wonder if he would have reacted the same today. :3

Gabi

Maybe.

In any case, I don't think they're going to make the clan bigger that way. :P ...Is that Fi?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

AmigaDragon

And the caption "Fa'Lina foresaw it"... if she foresaw it, why wouldn't she prevent it?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Zedd

Lore

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 20, 2010, 11:06:11 PM
And the caption "Fa'Lina foresaw it"... if she foresaw it, why wouldn't she prevent it?

My theory: she knew it would end well. Or maybe she just found it as funny as I did.  :U

Madmann135

Wait... so "That maniac" intercepted the delivery of Simeon as he was impersonating Fi'Lina?
...And is now working on courting that young impressionable boy?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 21, 2010, 12:19:38 AM
...And is now working on courting that young impressionable boy?
Not working on. Already has.

For the last century, by the time of this comic :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Spooks on March 20, 2010, 11:20:57 PM
My theory: she knew it would end well. Or maybe she just found it as funny as I did.  :U

Pretty much.  Daryil turned him from a confused and somewhat evil individual who went around murdering people into someone relatively harmless.  I can't really say much more about that without treading on future chapters.
And yes, this the flashback would have happened a couple of years prior to DMFA.

Quote from: Gabi on March 20, 2010, 10:08:53 PM
I don't think they're going to make the clan bigger that way. :P ...Is that Fi?
Details like that won't stop him trying.  In the original manuscript I wrote it as Fi, however the actual warp-aci involved doesn't really matter and I didn't specify which it was in the storyboard.

In a way this is Keaton's fault.  At the time - while I was writing Simeon's Story - she said that she'd like to see more of Simeon.  The start of this chapter was the result  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

Is Jakob blushing at hearing that Simeon and Daryl are trying to "Make the clan bigger"?

So, is that Daryl's tail in the last panel?

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 21, 2010, 05:13:49 PM
Is Jakob blushing at hearing that Simeon and Daryl are trying to "Make the clan bigger"?
Yes.  I've never made a character blush before (I'm actually of the opinion that they shouldn't be able to) but I figured it was a necessary visual cue.
Ideally he'd have been looking at the floor or looking away, which dogs will do when they're embarrassed.

QuoteSo, is that Daryl's tail in the last panel?
Yes.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2010, 05:18:06 PMI've never made a character blush before (I'm actually of the opinion that they shouldn't be able to) but I figured it was a necessary visual cue.

I agree with the "shouldn't be able to" in this way, hair/fur isn't living tissue and has no blood vessels to engorge. However, I've seen in some stories where the authors used ear blushing, since the fur is so short and a bit sparse that some skin is visible through it to see the color.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 22, 2010, 03:21:02 AM
However, I've seen in some stories where the authors used ear blushing, since the fur is so short and a bit sparse that some skin is visible through it to see the color.

That is a very good idea.  If I remember tonight, I might try that (I actually hate the blush effect).

joshofspam

I take it Fa'lina is one of the few cubi that doesn't think dark thoughts about Daryl.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on March 26, 2010, 01:14:27 PM
I take it Fa'lina is one of the few cubi that doesn't think dark thoughts about Daryl.

Probably more like ambivalence.

Talking of Daryil, Strange Bedfellows is up.  The main comic should update tomorrow.