Abel looks like... one of the first cubi?

Started by Titanium Dragon, February 21, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanium Dragon

Random thought, off someone else mentioning elsewhere that he has wings between angels and demons - is it possible the reason is that Cubi originated from angel/demon crossbreeds? Might explain why they appeared around the start of civilization, when more things of different races were found in closer proximity and interbred, as well as possibly why cubi have a mix of bat and bird wings amongst them.

Just a random and probably wrong idea.

I wonder when we will find out what he looks like...

Sorry if this has been discussed to death elsewhere, but I've not seen it.

Arcblade

Quoting from the 'Cubi Demonology page: "The Cubi race seems to fall into a strange sideline between the Angel and the Demon race...so much that it is often a joke that the Cubi race was created because the Angel and Demon race got along "too" well."

Your idea is in good company, it seems. 

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Keleth

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on February 21, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

I wonder when we will find out what he looks like...

Abel has been drawn in over several hundred strips, and his own side-arc.

*Facepalm*
Help! I'm gay!

Sunblink

Quote from: Drathorin on February 22, 2010, 02:01:41 PM
Abel has been drawn in over several hundred strips, and his own side-arc.

*Facepalm*

I think he's referring to what Aniz referenced, dude. :P

I like this theory, though. I endorse it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 22, 2010, 02:42:57 PM
I think he's referring to what Aniz referenced, dude. :P

If it had been written as "I wonder when we will find out what it is that he looks like..." it would have been a bit more obvious, but yes, that's quite clearly what he was driving at.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I disagree on the 'quite clearly' part.  I had no clue what he was talking about, even given the title.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I also like the theory. It means that the black and white spotting, with no parts intermixed, does have some symbolic as well as aesthetic significance, and gives meaning to eyes of two different colors.

I wonder what the ends of his cephalic hair turning brown would signify if you ascribed to such a theory. (and if we're arguing that appearance symbolizes something, everything should fit.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sind

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 22, 2010, 03:44:17 PM
I also like the theory. It means that the black and white spotting, with no parts intermixed, does have some symbolic as well as aesthetic significance, and gives meaning to eyes of two different colors.

It's his eyes and wings that are special, his spots prolly aren't, as fur patterns don't seem to be of any specific value for shape-shifters =P

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I endorse this theory as well!!  :3 *hands out endorsement buttons*

Sunblink

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 22, 2010, 03:44:17 PM

I wonder what the ends of his cephalic hair turning brown would signify if you ascribed to such a theory. (and if we're arguing that appearance symbolizes something, everything should fit.)

...That's probably looking too far into it. He just takes more after May, most likely, with the spots and the brown tips of his hair. :P

But I think you're on the money with the eye thing.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 22, 2010, 03:38:56 PM
I disagree on the 'quite clearly' part.  I had no clue what he was talking about, even given the title.

In that case, you should probably watch out for Dimanika and her clan, they might be feeding on you soon. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Perhaps, but if we focus on the wings (since the eyes I've already given my two cents about, and that is what Aniz mentioned), I'm just wondering, and I'm at work and don't have the time to do a proper search.

Most of the wing sets we've seen have been of one of two broad molds, either feathery, like what we see in Dan, Destania, and Fa'Lina, or leathery, like what you see in most demons.

I haven't seen any other examples where the tops are feathered and the bottoms are leathery in anyone other than Abel, but I'll admit, I haven't had the chance to run it down and check.

Just tossing it out there, but it might be significant.

EDIT
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 22, 2010, 07:07:06 PM

...That's probably looking too far into it. He just takes more after May, most likely, with the spots and the brown tips of his hair. :P

But I think you're on the money with the eye thing.

Let's indulge in Ashford levels of paranoia for the moment.  We know Aniz has been keeping quiet as to why he took up with May.  I mean, if he just wanted to father more Siar members in general, he could have taken up with almost any being woman. Perhaps he was looking for May's coloration in particular, since we know that Cubi tend to take after the non-'cubi parent in most physical respects. (Demo 101.) Of course, all this assumes that the black and white coloration is significant.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 23, 2010, 04:54:09 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 22, 2010, 03:38:56 PM
I disagree on the 'quite clearly' part.  I had no clue what he was talking about, even given the title.

In that case, you should probably watch out for Dimanika and her clan, they might be feeding on you soon. :D

Indeed!  >:3 And thank you Mao, the confusion you're giving off has given me a nice snack today. Have a some treats, as a token of my appreciation!  :bun :bun :bun :bun

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 23, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Perhaps he was looking for May's coloration in particular, since we know that Cubi tend to take after the non-'cubi parent in most physical respects. (Demo 101.) Of course, all this assumes that the black and white coloration is significant.

White? What white? His base color is beige/tan/cream, whatever you want to call it, with the black spots.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

LigerJet

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 24, 2010, 12:51:09 AMWhite? What white? His base color is beige/tan/cream, whatever you want to call it, with the black spots.

His base color is cookies and cream!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: LigerJet on February 24, 2010, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 24, 2010, 12:51:09 AMWhite? What white? His base color is beige/tan/cream, whatever you want to call it, with the black spots.

Or Dark Chocolate on cream ... girl pron!

Drayco84

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:38:49 AM

And I have this sudden craving for ice cream... WHEN THERE'S STILL SNOW ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE!
Time for Plan B! Cookies! *Om, nom nom.*

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 24, 2010, 01:01:16 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:38:49 AM

And I have this sudden craving for ice cream... WHEN THERE'S STILL SNOW ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE!
Time for Plan B! Cookies! *Om, nom nom.*

No no, Plan B is for Muffins ... Cookies is probably Plan C. :D