CVRPG question

Started by Colgatecrusader, February 14, 2010, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colgatecrusader

Since this sub-forum was labled: questions, i decided to put it hear because it really doesn't relate to the comic. Darkmoon, you use Photoshop to edit your comics, correct? How do you color the text for your comics? Ah, and how do you draw the straight lines for the text boxes in photoshop? Thanks, -scorpio803
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Damaris

Since this is, actually, a question about CVRPG, this belongs in the CVRPG forum.  There is quite a bit more that goes on on Clockwork Mansion, as we are not a forum solely for any one comic.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

I use Layer Effects. In the top menu, go to Layer > Layer Style > Outer Glow. Set the Blend Mode to "Normal", and the Opacity to 100%. Then just play around with the other settings to get the desired look.

As for the lines, I make a new layer above all the text, pick the Line Tool (buried under the shapes tool, which defaults with Rectangle), set it so that it's "Fill Pixels" instead of "Shape Layer", and then draw the lines on (holding down shift for the horizontal and vertical layers). After that, I'll use the Drop Shadow layer effect, setting the color to black, opacity to 100%, the distance to 2px, and the spread and size to 0px.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...