02/01/10 [Clans #5] - Taun of the Clan Badass

Started by Sunblink, February 01, 2010, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

...I had to do it. I caught it, and I had to do it.

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the manliest clan of them all has a hot pink clan symbol? It's the little things that get me by. Still, Taun is something incredible. Her philosophy explains why Fa'Lina's punishing Aniz would have had negative repercussions with her brethren, too.

Amber, your artwork for these past few installments has been amazing. Hope everything becomes less stressful in the future.

TO BED FOR ME

EDIT: OH F*** ME. Lego3400. Pistols. At dawn.

We shall separate the men from the boys, and decide whose thread shall live and whose shall die.

Lego3400

That's an odd color scheme for a rage cubi if you ask me... And I'm more interested in this ritual mentioned about her stepson....

terrycloth

Jyrass totally needs to figure out that ritual. He was so *adorable* as an incubus... :mowtongue

Zedd

I feel the ritual is by having your manly naughty bits chopped off...just sayin' :T

Drayco84

I think Amber went partly out of her way for that clan symbol. I mean, seriously? Bright pink crescent moons? Just sayin'...

However, the look of that cubi is read loud and clear: "F*** with me and DIE." (Could also be the armor... That's some interesting Armor of Badass +5 right there...)

And I also want to know more about this ritual... Of course, rituals to change from one species to another aren't new, Vampires and werewolves come to mind, but in DMFA that won't work out as evenly and vamps are (mostly) gone, and can you imagine a wolf-being getting turned into a werewolf? Yeah, talk about anticlimatic...(Like in Those who Hunt Elves, where Celia gets turned into hee-hee... a... hahahahah... were-panda... BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Must... Heheh... Stop... *snerk* Laughing! *Chuckle.) Ah-HEM. Anyway, I'm curious about this ritual and wish to know more about it. (I'm also willing to bet that it becomes important in the main plot at a later date.)

Poor Amber... Everytime she answers one question, she manages to make three more pop up... (Then again, this is how one usually keeps a plot going...)

Anri

You do not question the large amazonian woman who fights dragons on why her symbol is pink moons!

Janus Whitefurr

That ritual comment is fanfiction fodder -galore-.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jigsaw Forte

Why is everyone so surprised the sign's a pair of Barbie-pink moons?

*sings* Fightin' evil by the moonlight...

RandomMetaphysics

Cool leader. So this clan also gained power during the war... neat. If I recall correctly, Siar was the other clan correct?

Goatmon

My disproportionate senses are tingling!  D:

She still looks awesome, though.

Howl

Cubi Clan Leaders so far is being... uninteresting.

jeffh4

Stands to reason that she'd have the least fluffy tail of the bunch.  Almost looks like she has a hair pulling problem, just that it's on the tip of her tail instead of her noggin!

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Goatmon on February 01, 2010, 11:18:41 PM
My disproportionate senses are tingling!  D:
What do you mean?

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 01, 2010, 11:02:29 PM
If I recall correctly, Siar was the other clan correct?
Yes up until the point Siar fought Hinzel and his allies ambushed Siar and her clan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 01, 2010, 10:56:33 PM
That ritual comment is fanfiction fodder -galore-.
I know!!! must right fanfic...

Techcubi

Huh. Taun's clan is apparently the strongest clan so far in Cubi clan leaders.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Techcubi on February 01, 2010, 11:32:24 PM
I  think Mink is going from least to greatest.

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on February 01, 2010, 11:47:07 PM
I  think Mink is going from least to greatest.
This makes me wonder where Cyra's clan is one the scale.

Here's a little food for thought. Since many of Taun's clan are known to become or are adventurers... could Dan's thoughts about Cubi be swayed?

Also, anyone else here think that since Taun's daughter teaches at the academy, she may possibly meet Dan due to the conditions Fa'Lina set in strip 592? (linked below)
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_592.php

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on February 01, 2010, 10:58:16 PM

We don't need pink moons, somebody shoo that plumber out of here... or at least duct tape that crack.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Starcat5

*sings* ...Winning love by daylight...
Blast it, Jigsaw! Do you know how long I spent getting over my Sailor Moon addiction? Now I have that beutiful opening song stuck in my head (Complete and unabridged), and I don't even have any eps on tape or DVD! My hands are shaking too much to type what I came in here to say and it is ALL YOUR FALT!

I'll just have to type slower. My question is, does this clan adventure openly as Cubi, or do they keep that fact under their hats, so to speak? Eather way, Dan REALLY needs to meet one of these guys/girls.  >:3

*Goes off to read "Sailor Nothing* to take the edge off*
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Madd the Sane

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 01, 2010, 11:55:14 PM
Here's a little food for thought. Since many of Taun's clan are known to become or are adventurers... could Dan's thoughts about Cubi be swayed?

Also, anyone else here think that since Taun's daughter teaches at the academy, she may possibly meet Dan due to the conditions Fa'Lina set in strip 592? (linked below)
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_592.php
She'll be dressed like an amazon and steal Dan's heart! :B  :rolleyes Of course, it will be a demonstration for the girls on what not to wear if you go adventuring.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 01, 2010, 11:02:29 PM
Cool leader. So this clan also gained power during the war... neat. If I recall correctly, Siar was the other clan correct?

IIRC, Siar was one of the largest Cubi clans, numbering over 2,000 strong; they were all but wiped out during the Dragon-Cubi wars after an ambush at the hands of Hizell....Aniz and Abel are among the only known survivors.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

terrycloth

If she's going from least to greatest, um, isn't Cyra's strength '2'?

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: terrycloth on February 02, 2010, 12:42:29 AM

Three... well, assuming Mink and everyone else is unaware of Dan being Cyra's grandson. Then again, there could be more members, right?
Here's a question that's been attacking my brain with the fury of a rabid monkey: has there ever been an occurrence when an Incubus "ascended?"

Lego3400

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on February 01, 2010, 11:47:07 PM
I  think Mink is going from least to greatest.

Then Clan Fa'Lina should have been first. From what we heard it has a size of 1.

Quote from: starcat5 on February 02, 2010, 12:04:37 AM

*sings* ...Winning love by daylight...

*stabs you both* The dub is a vile vile thing that should never be mention without threats of harm upon it's fans or makers, or just wishing all the copies of it in the world all caught fire at once.... Err.... I mean.... *flees*

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 02, 2010, 12:52:12 AM

Three... well, assuming Mink and everyone else is unaware of Dan being Cyra's grandson. Then again, there could be more members, right?
Here's a question that's been attacking my brain with the fury of a rabid monkey: has there ever been an occurrence when an Incubus "ascended?"

Maybe so, but I think I prefer the female ones. :) :3
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Lego3400

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on February 02, 2010, 01:02:45 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 02, 2010, 12:52:12 AM

Maybe so, but I think I prefer the female ones. :) :3

I belive amber said there are a few in a previous thread, just at current most are female.

ChaoSynergy

>Ritual to turn into a 'cubi

And Amber has satisfied many a fan's dreams.

Brownie

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 01, 2010, 09:25:02 PM
That's an odd color scheme for a rage cubi if you ask me... And I'm more interested in this ritual mentioned about her stepson....
I agree. A ritual to become a cubi? Maybe this will be in the last Clan leaders page or a follow-up page to this? Maybe worked into the story somehow...

Amber Williams

I could have sworn I mentioned this somewhere before...then again maybe my brain isn't working well.

The "ritual" to become a Cubi isn't very common, but it isn't the most rare and elusive of things to do. It tends to happen when a Cubi/being are in a serious relationship and it is done in order to extend the being's lifespan.  It can in theory happen with other creature races, but most of them live a long enough life-span it isn't an issue.

The ritual basically halves the Cubi's own power and lifespan and is templated over the being (or whatever the race is. I'm just using being right now for easy reference) so the being in terms of power is an extension of the Cubi who transferred up half their own powers.   As expected, this tends to severly curb the Cubi-sides own abilities and lifespan estimates (as it is basically them taking the powers they have and splitting it in half) and even though the being is getting a power-boost...it tends to put them much weaker than the average Cubi.  Children of the two however (if they have kids) are usually standard powered or stronger from it.

I should also mention that this can only be done in clans that have an active and living clan leader.  Leaderless Cubi don't seem to have this option. Likely due to the power reserves required.

The reason the ritual isn't done that often is because many Cubi don't prefer getting their life and power knocked down so drastically. As such, only those who are really dedicated to a particular individual would even consider it.  The ritual is a lot easier if there is already a child between the couple but it isn't necessary.

This obviously doesn't work if the Cubi is the clan leader. I mention this now because sooner or later SOMEONE would try to ask if a Cubi who lost its clan could just enlist members via that method.  

So I suppose if people really wanted to fanfic up character becoming Cubi, they now have an outlet. Granted they would be gimpy little weakling Cubi and so would their partner...but at least it's an option.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 02, 2010, 01:47:35 AM
So I suppose if people really wanted to fanfic up character becoming Cubi, they now have an outlet. Granted they would be gimpy little weakling Cubi and so would their partner...but at least it's an option.

"But my little fairy darling cubi-sue is the one in a million exception and is totally full powered!" </fanficcers>
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jack McSlay

So what if a cubi does the ritual and then gets divorced?  :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.