02/05/10 [DMFA #1085] - Somone needs adjust the freindly fire settings....

Started by Lego3400, February 05, 2010, 12:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Drathorin on February 06, 2010, 11:13:58 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 06, 2010, 11:08:16 AM
But what else will these folks have left to talk about? Tiddlywinks?   >:3

Well, they'll go back to Is Abel gay for Aniz. And is Edward Jyrass's father.

I mean, it's all we talk about.
:mowninja Me thinks it is time to switch the subject to something different.

Here's a question that's been bugging me... the source of Fa'Lina's omnipotence. Any thoughts? I know the longer she's away from SAIA, the more that power weakens. Still, what exactly grants her that power?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think you mean omniscience.

Omnipotence means ultimate power; translated literally, it means all-powerful, I think. I think we're all aware that a) there are limits to what Fa'Lina can do, and b) being away from SAIA doesn't change her power level, just her knowledge.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 05, 2010, 09:22:29 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 05, 2010, 08:48:07 AM
I think if any of them were to become serious about harming her, she'd be in some serious trouble.

I'll believe it when I see it. Comedy or not, her capacity for bullying others regardless of apparent power level - and being a karma houdini save for Abel's one shot about writing Janus Bond -  is unwholesome and irritating. Our thoughtwaves are incompatible.  :B
I've had a (female) roommate with a very Wildy (the character) like personality, and I now can savely claim that such a personality is a) not an inch exaggerated and b) can be scary enough even without any magical powers.  :S
But honestly, just like that roomate, I think this is mostly for show. I mean, even now she isn't just randomly asking people to hook up with Jyrras, she is trying to help him after this conversation, even if it's the Wildy way of helping.
As for powers, I mean they all are still friends. I think it would need a little more than that to get Abel into full battle mode. Though maybe Wildy will end up wit some embarrassing dreams for the rest of the week, who knows :P

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 06, 2010, 12:22:53 PM
Here's a question that's been bugging me... the source of Fa'Lina's omnipotence. Any thoughts? I know the longer she's away from SAIA, the more that power weakens. Still, what exactly grants her that power?
Agreeing with llearch, I think it's more like omniscience. (which obviously is a "professionals only" type plot device, too. Luckily, Amber is a professional 8) )
As for the reasons, I have my hopes that this will become important later, but for now, after all Fa'lina were the one who founded and built SAIA and she was already powerful enough back then. So it's not far-fetched she will have put her fair share of powerful charms on the academy, too. (If you think about it, not unlike another powerful magic user and another magical education cen... *gets strangled*)

Tiger_T

I guess that's just her very good observation and interpretation capabilities.
After a few thousand years of monitoring the behavior of everyone at SAIA, she just can pretty much predict how any student or teacher would act/react to a given situation.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Drayco84

*Sneaks up in a cardboard box.*
QuoteHey, if you want to talk smack about Wildy, try playing DDR with her and Dan first. Otherwise you'll keep getting a plunger shoved up your censored.
I have NO sense of rhythm. The only way I could possibly win is by tossing some shiny objects in front of her and hope she gets too distracted to focus on the game. And even then, I wouldn't bet on myself. Hey, did anyone else just hear the sound of a flamethrower being lit? Oh HELL no... GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 06, 2010, 12:51:29 PM
I think if any of them were to become serious about harming her, she'd be in some serious trouble.

I'll believe it when I see it. Comedy or not, her capacity for bullying others regardless of apparent power level - and being a karma houdini save for Abel's one shot about writing Janus Bond -  is unwholesome and irritating. Our thoughtwaves are incompatible.  :B
I've had a (female) roommate with a very Wildy (the character) like personality, and I now can savely claim that such a personality is a) not an inch exaggerated and b) can be scary enough even without any magical powers.  :S
But honestly, just like that roomate, I think this is mostly for show. I mean, even now she isn't just randomly asking people to hook up with Jyrras, she is trying to help him after this conversation, even if it's the Wildy way of helping.
As for powers, I mean they all are still friends. I think it would need a little more than that to get Abel into full battle mode. Though maybe Wildy will end up wit some embarrassing dreams for the rest of the week, who knows :P

Agreeing with llearch, I think it's more like omniscience. (which obviously is a "professionals only" type plot device, too. Luckily, Amber is a professional 8) )
As for the reasons, I have my hopes that this will become important later, but for now, after all Fa'lina were the one who founded and built SAIA and she was already powerful enough back then. So it's not far-fetched she will have put her fair share of powerful charms on the academy, too. (If you think about it, not unlike another powerful magic user and another magical education cen... *gets strangled*)

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_591.php
She says omnipotent... meh, doesn't really matter. However one interprets it, the conclusion is the same: Fa'Lina is powerful. Plain and simple.

Lego3400

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 06, 2010, 03:40:55 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 06, 2010, 12:51:29 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Comedy or not, her capacity for bullying others regardless of apparent power level - and being a karma houdini save for Abel's one shot about writing Janus Bond -  is unwholesome and irritating. Our thoughtwaves are incompatible.  :B
I've had a (female) roommate with a very Wildy (the character) like personality, and I now can savely claim that such a personality is a) not an inch exaggerated and b) can be scary enough even without any magical powers.  :S

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_591.php
She says omnipotent... meh, doesn't really matter. However one interprets it, the conclusion is the same: Fa'Lina is powerful. Plain and simple.

That was a mistake on amber's part if I'm not mistaken...

Turnsky

semantics, she said "Semi-Omnipotent"

so she's either Very powerful, or Drives one heck of a big rig.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..