29/01/10 [DMFA #1083] - Abel is not amused

Started by Tapewolf, January 29, 2010, 03:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I was expecting him to react a little more savagely than that.  I guess there's a time and a place for everything...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bradypodidae

I never really pictured Abel as "savage." I almost think he is bemused by Wildy's confidence and bravado. We'll see...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 29, 2010, 03:12:32 PM

I was expecting him to react a little more savagely than that.

Not after a look at panel 2. Would you react even a tiny little bit savagely to a Wildy who's grinning like that? Although it would be fascinating to find out if there's anything she could say that would get this sort of reaction from Abel. Fascinating, but probably not safe to be close enough to watch...

An intriguing expression on Abel in panel 3, though. Is that oh-no-not-again, where-will-she-hit-me-this-time, or can-I-safely-say-something-to-mess-with-her-head?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 29, 2010, 03:28:55 PM
Not after a look at panel 2. Would you react even a tiny little bit savagely to a Wildy who's grinning like that?

Depends.  If I had the power to stun her or send her back to that island...

QuoteAlthough it would be fascinating to find out if there's anything she could say that would get this sort of reaction from Abel. Fascinating, but probably not safe to be close enough to watch...

That's what I was expecting, basically  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shirou14

Jasonrevall

Fluffy is my new hero. I see Fluffy got a stick of Instant Gratification there. I use one from time to time and they're very handy.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

terrycloth

So he *looks* like a cookie... and he *smells* like a cookie...

Now I want to taste him. Does that make me gay? :B Or just abel-curious?

D'ymkarra

Besides the initial shock of her query, Abel should know by now that anytime the ferret is grinning like that it means she's up to something.....You don't need to be a thought reader to figure that one out  :mowwink

As for his expression in the third panel, I suspect he's measuring his next words very carefully....
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Lucheek

I think Abel is going to punch her or just walk away.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I don't think Abel is going to use physical violence agains Wildy. My money is on him asking a pointed question as to why she's scouting for Jyrras.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Eon

Damn it, Amber. You really know how to keep us hanging on.  >:3

Shirou14

on the other hand, I hope Amber is okay. it sounded like something bad was happening  in reality.

Baal Hadad

I was expecting him to react a little more savagely than that.  I guess there's a time and a place for everything...

I wasn't.  Abel doesn't strike me as the type.

Quote from: Shirou14 on January 29, 2010, 03:34:27 PM
Abel smells like vanilla and cinnamon?!  :U

Awwwwwwwwwww....   :hug  I'm imagining that smell now in association with Abel....

Quote from: Shirou14 on January 29, 2010, 04:41:39 PM
on the other hand, I hope Amber is okay. it sounded like something bad was happening  in reality.

Me too.  When people don't talk I always get worried and assume the worst....  :(

Sprinkles

I'm very surprised that Abel didn't simply try to change the subject or walk away. He actually looks like he might be considering giving Wildy a straight answer.

On another note, I'd almost rather find out about Amber. Like Baal Hadad said, when someone says something bad has happened, but doesn't elaborate, I always assume the worst. Hope it's nothing too serious :(

Arcblade

Quote from: terrycloth on January 29, 2010, 04:01:47 PM
So he *looks* like a cookie... and he *smells* like a cookie...

Now I want to taste him. Does that make me gay? :B Or just abel-curious?

Realistically?  No, that just makes you curious.  Because it's this forum?  Yes.  You are gay for Abel. 

Also, vanilla and cinnamon.  Mmmm....  two of my favorite smells ever.

Personally, I think Abel's just been thrown for a loop.  He was stalling there in panel 1.  I don't think he knows what to say.  It's possible he's never considered the idea, although he *is* almost 400. 

Twist

Quote from: Sprinkles on January 29, 2010, 05:20:43 PM
I'm very surprised that Abel didn't simply try to change the subject or walk away. He actually looks like he might be considering giving Wildy a straight answer.

I was looking at it as surprised/bemused switching over to the mind reader not liking when he's being lied to.

His reply is the kind I would give if I wanted someone to think about why they were asking a question.

Rambon

I wonder how long amber can stall but I still hope she's okay and that nothing extremely  serious happened.  Like her having to move back to the states.  :<

And on a totally off topic question.  Sprinkles, is your picture from Black Butler?

Madmann135

Now... if only I can find those post that asked "what is Abel's sexual preference?"

Personally I think Abel is going to take the silent way out and not answer or say something so vague that it is the same thing as not answering.

Still I am wondering about the next updates.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Shirou14

I hope Ambers going to be okay after, whatever happens... happens. Let us show amber our luv !

And I think Abel is actually going to give a straight answer this time. Or maybe a bit of emo "I don't know!" ing. but not a dodgy answer.

Ted Schiller

(snip Tapewolf quote)

(snip) Although it would be fascinating to find out if there's anything she could say that would get this sort of reaction from Abel. (snip)

I regard that linked comic as positive proof that Edward Ti'Fiona is not Aniz.  Ti'Fiona pater probably defeated Aniz in some way, for which Abel is very grateful.

Quote from: Lucheek on January 29, 2010, 04:23:02 PM
I think Abel is going to punch her or just walk away.

Mistreating customers is a bad thing.  He's on the job and serving a customer, so he can't just walk away.

And then Alexsi said, "Why is there a Wildy-shaped hole in the wall?  Uh, never mind."

With regards,
Ted

Arcblade

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 29, 2010, 07:16:48 PM
(snip Tapewolf quote)

(snip) Although it would be fascinating to find out if there's anything she could say that would get this sort of reaction from Abel. (snip)

I regard that linked comic as positive proof that Edward Ti'Fiona is not Aniz.  Ti'Fiona pater probably defeated Aniz in some way, for which Abel is very grateful.

With regards,
Ted

That would make the most sense, at least to me.  But, y'know, I'm sure there's a way around that somehow. 

Also, Ted, I believe double-posting is frowned upon in this forum.  Might want to just make one big post next time. 

Drayco84

I'm going to blow some brains here as the temptation is just TOO good to pass up...

Are you still gay if you can change your gender at will? (As in, you like other guys so you become a woman and vice versa.) What about the ever-popular bishonen look? (Just to keep 'em guessing.) How about if you were born a guy but your gf suddenly discovers she likes girls and you change to accommodate that? Are you gay, or are you straight?

Anyways, Amber's news does worry me, but sometimes you need some distance from the sorrow or rage before you can speak about it.

Finally... Yeah, I'd stall on something like this just to keep my readers in suspense as well.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Drayco84 on January 29, 2010, 07:28:58 PM
Are you still gay if you can change your gender at will?

There's one question that has to be answered before this one, and that's if cubi shapechanging includes changing all of the internal plumbing (which I would imagine would be mind bogglingly difficult).  Abel made himself look like a girl, but without internal changes, it's all just appearance.  My hunch is that internal plumbing is not changeable, otherwise cubi males could have children (as in turn female and give birth) -- something which has never been established.

Janus Whitefurr

At this point I'd prefer the scene change. Something about Wildy's attitude makes her feel utterly intolerable, and sparing that change? If Abel could get away with knocking her down a peg either physically or mentally (and it worked, like when he nailed her over writing Janus Bond) I would be immensely satisfied.

On a less vindictive note, I like cinnamon.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Shirou14

I think, even if a cubi changed their gender and internal plumbing, you would still be gay. if your a guy, and you like guys, so you change to a girl to accomodate, you changed /because/ you like guys. it doesn't matter what your current form is, but what your original form was.

Chakat Blackspots

I was expecting him to react a little more savagely than that.

Not after a look at panel 2. Would you react even a tiny little bit savagely to a Wildy who's grinning like that? Although it would be fascinating to find out if there's anything she could say that would get this sort of reaction from Abel. Fascinating, but probably not safe to be close enough to watch...

An intriguing expression on Abel in panel 3, though. Is that oh-no-not-again, where-will-she-hit-me-this-time, or can-I-safely-say-something-to-mess-with-her-head?

I would imagine that because of the Doctor's personality, anyone in that situation would get someone very uncomfortable and would want to do whatever they could to get away from him.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Eon on January 29, 2010, 04:40:30 PM
Damn it, Amber. You really know how to keep us hanging on.  >:3

Cliffhanger at its best!

Caswin

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 29, 2010, 08:04:43 PM
At this point I'd prefer the scene change. Something about Wildy's attitude makes her feel utterly intolerable, and sparing that change? If Abel could get away with knocking her down a peg either physically or mentally (and it worked, like when he nailed her over writing Janus Bond) I would be immensely satisfied.
At this stage, I'm all for keeping where this is going, but I have to agree with everything else. (Although I probably shouldn't have read that part about her attitude being utterly intolerable as a universal statement.) Actually, Wildy's history is such that I have a hard time even imagining Abel -- or any credible threat whose name isn't Regina Darkblood -- inflicting violence on Wildy.

Somehow, though, I don't think this'll be the day that changes.

Terrycloth: Good question.  Arcblade: Good answer on all counts.  For completely unrelated reasons, I just started watching Malcolm in the Middle's rendition of "The Candy Man".
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

ooklah

"She's pregnant!"  :U

I'm sorry. It was the first/worst thing I thought of.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Drayco84

QuoteTerrycloth: Good question.  Arcblade: Good answer on all counts.  For completely unrelated reasons, I just started watching Malcolm in the Middle's rendition of "The Candy Man".

Grrrrrrrrreat... I've got that scene stuck in my head now... Thanks a lot...

To those saying that Abel would hit Wildy for something like this, remember...
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_694.php