29/01/10 [DMFA #1083] - Abel is not amused

Started by Tapewolf, January 29, 2010, 03:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Quote from: Les on January 30, 2010, 02:29:39 PM
Because nothing says 'nope, no drama here' like bringing up Rape.  Seriously, how Else am I supposed to interpret this 'Oh if you turn yourself into a girl then you can get raped' without it's collary being that boys then cannot?  That's just all kinds of messed up.  Is this just some sort of mabland-centric humor I'm just not familiar with?   :erk

Because nothing says drama like taking a vague statement concerning how one can not have the reproductive ability of certain parts and still have them otherwise fully functional (including the bad thing that was alluded to here) and turn it into a silly accusation with no basis.  Awesome.  It's nice to know I have some real competition for trolling these forums.

Les

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2010, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: Les on January 30, 2010, 02:29:39 PM
Because nothing says 'nope, no drama here' like bringing up Rape.  Seriously, how Else am I supposed to interpret this 'Oh if you turn yourself into a girl then you can get raped' without it's collary being that boys then cannot?  That's just all kinds of messed up.  Is this just some sort of mabland-centric humor I'm just not familiar with?   :erk

Because nothing says drama like taking a vague statement concerning how one can not have the reproductive ability of certain parts and still have them otherwise fully functional (including the bad thing that was alluded to here) and turn it into a silly accusation with no basis.  Awesome.  It's nice to know I have some real competition for trolling these forums.

Grrr, that was my POINT!  Having female genitals is not necessary to be raped.  It's not trolling, it's fact... I.. for get it, you Are trolling and I shouldn't have let you sucker me like that.   :cry
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Drayco84

Quote from: Ry on January 30, 2010, 11:47:39 AM
Quote from: Drayco84 on January 29, 2010, 07:28:58 PMAre you still gay if you can change your gender at will? (As in, you like other guys so you become a woman and vice versa.) What about the ever-popular bishonen look? (Just to keep 'em guessing.) How about if you were born a guy but your gf suddenly discovers she likes girls and you change to accommodate that? Are you gay, or are you straight?  
Note- this post will be heavily concerning transgendered issues, which tend to be a bit controversial.  If you don't like such issues, please don't read it. :)

First- I don't know if it's been established if a cubi changing their body would also be able to change their internal gender. All we've seen is that Abel can make himself into a pre/non-op trans guy who doesn't mind his body too much (and I do know trans guys who are like this). Or, as someone mentioned, you might not be able to change the plumbing so at most Abel makes himself intersexed- not female- so if we're going by body, he still wouldn't be a straight female.

Second- If Abel is always a guy and stays that way, then he probably wouldn't be happy being a guy's girlfriend.
Gay and lesbian transgendered people (gay female-to-Males, lesbian male-to-Females) would have a MUCH easier time finding a partner if they presented as straight with the body they were born into- but they wouldn't be particularly happy in a relationship like that. I can't imagine that any gay guy would be at all happy pretending to be a straight woman in a relationship.

Third-  I know a few bigendered people who's orientation is based on their gender.  One is attracted to men as a woman and women as a man, so they're always straight.  If Abel changes his internal gender with his body, it's possible that he might go from gay->lesbian or straight->straight with it.
I posted that to actually start a bit of a debate on it. So, no offense taken whatsoever. However, for the life of me, my attention has wandered and I've forgotten what I wanted to say... (It's prolly better this way, just to keep the thread from going off-topic.)

QuoteYou can change your internal plumbing, but, according to a post by Amber, it still won't mean you can get pregnant.

... of course, it DOES mean you CAN get all the mental trauma of being raped...

Sorry, had to edit a few things on the quote, mostly for emphasis. My guess it that you mis-read the post, Les.
For the record, wikipedia has an entry on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_rape#Rape_of_males_by_females. And Wikipedia also has some official-sounding sources, like The National Center for Victims of Crime. So YES, it CAN and DOES happen.

Mao

Quote from: Les on January 30, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
Grrr, that was my POINT!  Having female genitals is not necessary to be raped.  It's not trolling, it's fact... I.. for get it, you Are trolling and I shouldn't have let you sucker me like that.   :cry

And you're missing the point.  He said nothing about a male not being able to.  You pulled that out of your ass.  He was pointing out, very simply that aside from the loss of reproduction, they are fully functional organs.  All the good and bad things entailed.  Yes it's vague.  Yes you're reading too much into it, and I'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose.

In short:  You trollin'.

Les

We know you are Mao.

Sorry to have stirred up a tempast in a teapot Dray, but the way it was worded sounded like it was implying that being able to morph one's boy-bits into fem-bits was a pre-requisite to being able to be raped as a male and to actually suffer mentally from it.. as in for average males either rape doesn't happen or isn't a big deal when it does.. this is a bit of a hot-button issue with me.  Why are we even mentioning rape at all in DMFA?  This is the (reasonably) happy (mostly) fluffy webcomic, dangit!   :mowmeep

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Les on January 30, 2010, 10:32:22 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2010, 10:10:32 AM
You can change your internal plumbing, but, according to a post by Amber, it still won't mean you can get pregnant.

... of course, it does mean you can get all the mental trauma of being raped...

Please tell me you did Not just say men can't get raped.   :erk

I'm pretty sure I didn't say "men can't get raped". I don't remember posting anything like that, and you don't appear to have that quote in your post there. Did you read between the lines, or merely make something up out of the whole cloth in order to wind people up?

I did say "a man masquerading as a woman can get raped"; I made no comment at all about a woman masquerading as a man, or a man or a woman not masquerading as anything.

I'm aware that men get raped. I'm aware (since I just read the wikipedia article that someone kindly linked) that some 2% of the people committing sexual offenses are women. I'm also aware that you don't need a woman to rape a man, either, so there's almost certainly more than those 2%. All of these acts are to be rightfully condemned.

None of this has anything to do with my point at hand, however, which was that the genital equipment of a fictional race in a fictional setting could be modified to whatever they want, but that the author of said fictional setting has said that they are physically perfect without being able to reproduce; something that makes sense, if you look at it, since I'm given to understand that the eggs in a woman's ovaries are produced at puberty, and merely stored for safekeeping until needed.

Is that all clear, now, or do I need to be more explicit about my point? I'm happy to do so, but I suspect the thread as a whole would suffer...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

You see suffering, I see hours of entertainment.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2010, 05:12:38 PM
None of this has anything to do with my point at hand, however, which was that the genital equipment of a fictional race in a fictional setting could be modified to whatever they want, but that the author of said fictional setting has said that they are physically perfect without being able to reproduce; something that makes sense, if you look at it, since I'm given to understand that the eggs in a woman's ovaries are produced at puberty, and merely stored for safekeeping until needed.

Not to continue off-topic but I think a girl's eggs exist from birth or before and only RIPEN at puberty.  With men it's as you said, but not women.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Men is different. Men continue to generate them all their lives, until the male equivalent of menopause.

I think you're right about women, though, thinking through it again. Thanks for the correction.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2010, 05:39:44 PM
Men is different. Men continue to generate them all their lives, until the male equivalent of menopause.

I think you're right about women, though, thinking through it again. Thanks for the correction.

You're welcome (and maybe this should be continued via PM, but what's the male equivalent of menopause...?).

Naldru

I don't believe that there is a male equivalent of menopause as you are discussing it.  There are a number of problems that can interfere with male fertility, and some of these are more likely as you get older, but there isn't an age where things stop normally.  I've heard of eighty year old men having kids.

However, we probably don't want to go into the vaudeville routines on this subject or the subjects of all of those spam e-mail and late night advertisements.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

HOOOOOOOO-weee! Look at this thread go! It's so far off topic, you can't even see the rails it hopped off anymore!

Shirou14

So, I suppose the next one isn't going to be up until tommorow eh?

Mao

Keleth

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2010, 04:04:58 PM
Awesome.  It's nice to know I have some real competition for trolling these forums.

It's awesome to know you acknowledge my existance  :3

. . . Wait
Help! I'm gay!

Howl

Quote from: Eon on January 29, 2010, 04:40:30 PM
Damn it, Amber. You really know how to keep us hanging on.  >:3

So I'm the only one who's getting irritated in regards to that.

Shirou14

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Les on January 30, 2010, 06:25:16 AMTo me, I think Abel needs a good 'shaking up' not because he deserves it, but because he needs it.  He's 'raised being alone to an art form' for well over three and a half centuries now, the outside-context problem of having to deal with people he can't simply emotion-jam into feeling what he wants them to feel around him and not digging past that may be just what he needs to move on from past issues.

"outside-context problem"... hrm... interesting turn of phrase. Would I be correct in surmising that you believe Abel ought to be a bit more Cultured? :D

(if you don't get the reference, then I'm completely wrong with where I thought you got the phrase from)

Les

If anything Abel's situation counts as 'Special Circumstances'.   >:3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on January 30, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Would I be correct in surmising that you believe Abel ought to be a bit more Cultured? :D

Plain or with fruit?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Bjalf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 01, 2010, 02:33:07 PM
Definately fruity. :)

Which reminds me of a TV skit I saw years ago, but I can't find any links to it. I think it was Rowan Atkinson, but I'm not sure.

Some people are sitting in a train compartment, or something like that.
One man suddenly says "I'm bent! You can have me for 13 p!"
After a long and embarrassing silence, another man asks him "Are you a fruit?"

Anybody rememer this? I don't want to spoil the punchline.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia