23/01/10 [DMFA #1082] - The big question

Started by Zaejue, January 23, 2010, 10:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaejue

It seems Wildy is taking the direct approach with things :3
this can only mean great doom or great joy
... that or Wildy will find a way to use it against Jy-squeek

Psy-Kosh

I didn't quite understand the whole "leg man" vs "leg guy" thing.

ie, why was the former confusing for Abel? What made the latter a correction for the former?

Janus Whitefurr

I hope he gives a scathing retort that doesn't answer the question.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Angel

.............. :U

....I could kiss that ferret. We're finally, FINALLY getting an answer, and the one who asked is WILDY!

FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My night just became one of the top 100 best ever.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

bradypodidae

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on January 23, 2010, 10:09:32 PM

I imagine because "man" denotes "human", a mythological creature; it was a slip on Wildy's part who is fascinated by humans.

Since I do not follow the fandoms, I have to ask, has the idea of Wildy and Abel been shipped, yet?

And has Wildy gotten sexier lately?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 23, 2010, 10:12:31 PM

I'd like to second that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kesh

ie, why was the former confusing for Abel? What made the latter a correction for the former?

He doesn't consider Dan to be a "man" yet.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 23, 2010, 10:12:31 PM

Actually, I hope he gives a direct, nonchalant answer. Just because that would throw everyone off.  :)

Edit:
  Let me introduce you to something, Kesh. It's called the Edit Button. Usually labelled either "Edit" or "Modify", you should use it at all times, rather than double-posting. Especially since double-posting is listed in the rules...
  -- llearch
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

Rafe

Or, he could give a direct, nonchalant answer that is completely false.
That could go either way.  Wildy could tell someone, that person could confront Abel to confirm it, then he could deny it and say Wildy is lying, creating all sorts of fun emotions for an incubus to enjoy, even if only to annoy them.

Yes, many possibilities here.

Then again, even after 400 or so years, maybe Abel doesn't know, or never wanted to know, especially given the way Aniz used his mother, and not wanting to think he would use someone like that.  Lots of potential stuff Abel could be hiding, even from himself.
Rafe

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Rafe on January 23, 2010, 10:55:18 PM
That could go either way.  Wildy could tell someone, that person could confront Abel to confirm it, then he could deny it and say Wildy is lying, creating all sorts of fun emotions for an incubus to enjoy, even if only to annoy them.

Then again, even after 400 or so years, maybe Abel doesn't know, or never wanted to know.

I don't think Abel is the type to just go around lying to people for his amusement. Although there are many other fun things I'm sure he could do.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

candide

Oh no she didn't!

Still will be interesting to see the results, though.  :)

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 23, 2010, 10:14:46 PM

I imagine because "man" denotes "human", a mythological creature; it was a slip on Wildy's part who is fascinated by humans.

I thought about that possibility... But is the phrase "man" reserved for humans in the DMFAverse? And either way, even given that she's fascinated by humans, wouldn't the most common form of various phrases tend to be the type that would most easily come to mind for her?

Quote from: Kesh on January 23, 2010, 10:27:02 PM

There is that possibility. We know Aary had that attitude. Do we know Abel to do so?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Magic on January 23, 2010, 10:22:03 PM
"Why yes, I'm happy right now."

That would actually be quite funny if he gave a response under that context, but given what Abel's been through, I'd have to say it would be the exact opposite, as his experiences as a bartender haven't been the most pleasant.

Also, I don't really if Abel answers the question or avoids it, as long the next strip is funny.

Besides, it doesn't really matter to me what Abel's sexual orientation is.

Four centuries is a long time to be in school, and one would think that most cubi would get bored and experiment in both directions in that time.  Why limit oneself to just half the school's population?

Icon by Sunblink

Pagan

I realize that he could just very easily blow her off and not answer the question, or answer falsely, or any other number of ways to keep us guessing. But there's also the chance that Amber will move things along, including the possible Jyrass/Abel relationship. Status Quo is not god around DMFA, and I very much like that fact. So I'm hoping this changes things. And I really hope he's attracted to guys. Jyrass needs something good to come his way.

Plus, the arm things he's wearing ought to answer the question for her. Abel's girlier than Merl or Dan ever was.

Also: Wildy's grown more sexy because she's showing cleavage. Plus, she's at a pretty good ratio of flesh shown to hidden right now.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

KarlOmega1

Hmmm...I think my jaw dropped when I looked at the comic and saw Wildy's pose in the second frame. Nice.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

MC_Hollis

Quote from: Black_angel on January 23, 2010, 10:14:01 PM
.............. :U

....I could kiss that ferret. We're finally, FINALLY getting an answer, and the one who asked is WILDY!

FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My night just became one of the top 100 best ever.
You forget who we're dealing with. The Queen of Random- and an A student of suspense.   :3  :bunny

Howl

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 23, 2010, 11:05:43 PM
Quote from: Rafe on January 23, 2010, 10:55:18 PM
That could go either way.  Wildy could tell someone, that person could confront Abel to confirm it, then he could deny it and say Wildy is lying, creating all sorts of fun emotions for an incubus to enjoy, even if only to annoy them.

Then again, even after 400 or so years, maybe Abel doesn't know, or never wanted to know.

I don't think Abel is the type to just go around lying to people for his amusement. Although there are many other fun things I'm sure he could do.

He did say he's like an honest jerk. I expect a "Huh? What?", then Wildy to say something, then Abel to answer or remark "None of your business."

EDIT: Now I'm miffed that Abel's Story is next. I really don't care what happens with Kria and Fa'Lina compared to this.

Pagan

I'd also like to comment that I like how her speech bubble is so high up in the panel and then it's her, Abel, and a lot of empty space. Gives it a nice visual metaphor of the situation.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Nyomi

I have a feeling Abel will tell the truth if he ends up giving a direct answer.  I'm still suspicious he might be asexual, though, for the lack of interest he's shown in either gender and...
Quote from: Rafe on January 23, 2010, 10:55:18 PMThen again, even after 400 or so years, maybe Abel doesn't know, or never wanted to know, especially given the way Aniz used his mother, and not wanting to think he would use someone like that.  Lots of potential stuff Abel could be hiding, even from himself.
...maybe because of that and the other traumatic things that have happened to him, too.

OminousShadow

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 23, 2010, 10:14:46 PM

Since I do not follow the fandoms, I have to ask, has the idea of Wildy and Abel been shipped, yet?

And has Wildy gotten sexier lately?

I'm with you. Wildy has somehow gotten Sexier lately it seems.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

terrycloth

Wildy's wearing improvised clothing that looks like it could fail and leave her naked at any moment -- it's a ludicrously sexy outfit because of that. I've seen sexy nightgowns with the same back-and-forth one-thin-lace-holding-it-up scheme. It's a classic.

And there's no way Abel's actually going to answer and we're going to see it. Even if it wasn't switching to Abel's story, it'd switch to Alexei and Dan getting home or something. Come on, guys, be sensible here.

RandomMetaphysics

Wow. Wildy just went to the point, huh?  :U
Gotta hand it to her though, she has a lot of moxie. Then again... this is Wildy we're talking about here.

I doubt Abel will answer. Those two aren't what one would really call "friends."

OminousShadow

Quote from: terrycloth on January 24, 2010, 12:32:24 AM
Wildy's wearing improvised clothing that looks like it could fail and leave her naked at any moment -- it's a ludicrously sexy outfit because of that. I've seen sexy nightgowns with the same back-and-forth one-thin-lace-holding-it-up scheme. It's a classic.

That is it. That is why she is a lot sexier than usual lately. Thank you.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Ted Schiller

After the day he's had?  >:O  No, he's not gay.  

:rolleyes

With regards,
Ted

PS So Magic. While we're not on the subject... were you Doctor Ink?    :)

Zaejue

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on January 24, 2010, 12:50:30 AM
Wow. Wildy just went to the point, huh?  :U
Gotta hand it to her though, she has a lot of moxie. Then again... this is Wildy we're talking about here.

I doubt Abel will answer. Those two aren't what one would really call "friends."
I think she went to the point so she could tell Jy-squeek what she did and possibly did this to help Jy-squeek or it;ll skip to the next day where our little nerdy mouse is trying to kill the violent ferret

inuhanyo

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 24, 2010, 12:52:20 AM
Quote from: terrycloth on January 24, 2010, 12:32:24 AM

That is it. That is why she is a lot sexier than usual lately. Thank you.
A lesser aspect of it is that her improvised top shows Absolute Cleavage.  The effect terrycloth is refering to is known as the Theiss Titillation Theory

Arcblade

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 24, 2010, 01:04:53 AM

PS So Magic. While we're not on the subject... were you Doctor Ink?    :)

Just so I can save him the annoyance of answering, check out his signature.   :P

That question was SO Wildy. Wonder if she's asking 'cause of Jyrras?  She's not blind, even if she's not always there for the fireworks and Megawfulnormous-ness. 

jeffh4

Remember Abel's reaction to Hennya going bipedal. . . .and facing the wrong way. 

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php

Knocked him clean out of his funk.  I'd have to say asexual is out.  Het or Bi is possible.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on January 23, 2010, 11:20:21 PM
Quote from: Kesh on January 23, 2010, 10:27:02 PM

There is that possibility. We know Aary had that attitude. Do we know Abel to do so?

Since they're both (almost) 400 years or older, they both probably consider him (25) little more than a baby.

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 24, 2010, 02:33:50 AM
Remember Abel's reaction to Hennya going bipedal. . . .and facing the wrong way. 

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php

Knocked him clean out of his funk.  I'd have to say asexual is out.  Het or Bi is possible.

It wasn't so much the direction she was facing, it was more the revealing pose.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Les

What, Abel can't be Bi?

And you're just noticing Wildy San's Hotness (Sexy, Scary-Scary Hotness) now? 

(couldn't find an analog to the 'hot-cha-cha' smiley I was looking for, but did find this.)

:ddrabel
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!