01/12/10 [Clans #2] - Insight into Amber's College Years

Started by jeffh4, January 12, 2010, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

I suspect Mink is the embodyment of Amber's study habits. . . .

Sweet dreams, Amber!

Tapewolf

I wonder if this attitude to study is why Mink still seems to be in SAIA...?  I'm assuming that the desktop is an import from the more recent high-tech age...

Pity he didn't seem to do the "Talking to grandmother in his sleep" thing, that really was a cool idea.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

So is this one.  I fail to see why you'd complain about one cool idea vs. another.

LizardSaul

Hm. Kinda reminds me of me, except I ultimately don't write the papers. :U

Ted Schiller

Mrs. Williams, you're evil.
I laughed until my left side hurt.   :mowdizzy

With regards,
Ted

Noone

S/He did the paper in one night? I suppose that's a common occurrence? (And I thought cubi don't have to even sleep!)

Why do I have the feeling that said paper is going to have numerous mistakes in factual content, structure, organization, and have a horribly un-polished feel to it?.

Unless cubi professors are used to seeing reports like that and lower their standards accordingly...

Jasonrevall

Well he fails. The directions specifically said no using the internet as a source. Poor guy. I typically wait till the last day too but i always get books from the library to read in my free time to get ready.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Corgatha Taldorthar

He fell asleep around books.... It's entirely possible Mink did research in print, and just typed it.

It is also entirely possible Mink did no research whatsoever, and the paper is awful :p
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

SpottedKitty

Heh, what I really like is that Mink's apparently mastered the art of Type-Fu without looking at what he's doing. And not like a touch-typist, either...

I wonder how the result will read? Stream of consciousness, or pinball of (un)consciousness...?   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Arcblade

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 12, 2010, 01:04:45 PM
Heh, what I really like is that Mink's apparently mastered the art of Type-Fu without looking at what he's doing. And not like a touch-typist, either...

I wonder how the result will read? Stream of consciousness, or pinball of (un)consciousness...?   ;)

I like the idea of pinball of consciousness.  It makes my thinking habits look normal.   :mowtongue

Anker Steadfast

This is much like I'd do it, except that I would only make the paper during the evening before delivery, and then go to sleep ... no way I'd miss sleeping.
Alternatively, I'd write it on the day I'd need to turn it in, if I had enough time to do the report (about 2 hours or so).

Oddly enough, I ALWAYS had great grades on my reports.
Kinda weird really, maybe the intense writing made me more creative ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 12, 2010, 01:01:36 PM
He fell asleep around books.... It's entirely possible Mink did research in print, and just typed it.

It is also entirely possible Mink did no research whatsoever, and the paper is awful :p

this is true, i just assumed those were books at his desk in his room, like have on my desk. Forgot that most people dont have books laying about like i do.  :P
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

ChaosMageX

Oh man, I can so totally empathize with Mink here, especially during my most recent semester.

I've taken to doing my assignments digitally in MS Word 2007 because I can make my equations much neater and can correct them without erasing over and over again.

The only problem is that I have to print them out when I'm done in order to actually turn them in, and I usually end up coming right down to the wire like Mink.

My worst experience was with one of my Fluid Mechanics assignments.  It seemed as though all the printers I had access to were out of order, and I had to miss the first 30 minutes of the lecture as I ran around to 3 different locations on campus, desperately searching for a printer that worked.

Luckily, when I finally did get it printed out and back to the lecture hall, I explained to the professor my situation and he forgave me and accepted it.

Remember, this is yet another good reason to become friendly with your professors.  That is priority #3, right after studying for exams and completing assignments in the first place. ;)

Icon by Sunblink

Liatai

:lol

Oh, man! This is me! Give me five days to write a paper, and I'll research like mad for the first day or two, and then type it all out in a mad frenzy the night before it's due and the day it's due. (Bizarrely, I get far better grades on the papers I do that with than the ones I try to write in pieces stretched out over the allotted time.)

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 12, 2010, 01:35:16 PM
The only problem is that I have to print them out when I'm done in order to actually turn them in, and I usually end up coming right down to the wire like Mink.

My worst experience was with one of my Fluid Mechanics assignments.  It seemed as though all the printers I had access to were out of order, and I had to miss the first 30 minutes of the lecture as I ran around to 3 different locations on campus, desperately searching for a printer that worked.

Luckily, when I finally did get it printed out and back to the lecture hall, I explained to the professor my situation and he forgave me and accepted it.

I am convinced that university printers are evil, sadistic little mechanical buggers that take great joy in going out of order right when everyone needs them.  >( Same for staplers; I can't remember how many times I've run into class a minute or two after the teacher started talking because I'd spent the last half-hour looking for a stapler that wasn't jammed, in use, or out of staples so that I could turn in a paper.

Go, Mink, go!

Anker Steadfast

There's a secret society of Staple Saboteurs, they run around the university at night and empty the staplers !!

True story .... it was meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!  :mowninja

We were in sharp competition with the Printer Prowlers.

Liatai

:dface

Are you in league with the Tape Takers? They hide all the tape dispensers when students need to finish a poster for a presentation.

Escher

"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

ooklah

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 12, 2010, 01:26:09 PM
this is true, i just assumed those were books at his desk in his room, like have on my desk. Forgot that most people dont have books laying about like i do.  :P

I thought this was normal....

Mink! we want an A grade paper and sources following proper MLA format!!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

jeffh4

Hey, I just realized that we now have one more of those miniature shock/scream representations of a character in the first panel.  I think the last one we saw was Regina after Dan read her mind.

Isn't someone maintaining a wallpaper of all the DMFA characters who have been seen this way?  If so, please update.

Rafe

I'm sure Amber, could come up with a lot of material from her days at Mud Center University.
I was especially fond of the all the mice she managed to collect in the dorm.
Rafe

Shachza

Quote from: Liatai on January 12, 2010, 01:47:35 PM
I am convinced that university printers are evil, sadistic little mechanical buggers that take great joy in going out of order right when everyone needs them.  >( Same for staplers; I can't remember how many times I've run into class a minute or two after the teacher started talking because I'd spent the last half-hour looking for a stapler that wasn't jammed, in use, or out of staples so that I could turn in a paper.

Go, Mink, go!

This is why I got a Bachelor's Degree in Stapler Repair before I went for my actual line of study.
            <-- #1 that is!

senrath

I have to say, in the first panel Mink looks like one of Fa'Lina's hand puppets.

bradypodidae

I'm thinking Mink went off memory since this is another report on various Clan Leaders.

Oh yeah, and I'll just slip this HERE.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Arroyo Milori

lol I can relate to Mink with turning in projects. : 3

...Now I want a Mink wallpaper D :

Wanderer

Oh, of course I have NEVER done this. CERTAINLY not in my senior year at university. And I TOTALLY didn't didn't end up spending the entire week before finals writing papers and doing projects for every single class I was in because I'd been a lazy bastard and put all the final projects off until the last minute. No no, definitely not. :D

Jer-oh-me

Oh good gravy guns, I did this CONSTANTLY in high school, particularly concerning my ''English'' classes. What constantly astonished me was how frequently I did well in spite of last minuting it. I like Mink, he's frigging adorables in so many many ways.

iceick

Of course if you look at episode #654, you see that Cubi have the ability to instantly read an entire book. So Mink only had to study for about 30 seconds. Unless Mink never passed that course that is :youfail.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Liatai on January 12, 2010, 02:05:18 PM
:dface

Are you in league with the Tape Takers? They hide all the tape dispensers when students need to finish a poster for a presentation.

Alas, no .... those were the deliquents from the Beta house!!  :eek

Eon

Am I the only reader who is actually organised with their coursework? :p

Still, amusing strip. I've known many people who do behave rather like that.  :3