Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Started by Paladin Sheppard, December 04, 2009, 09:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Well the game has been out a few weeks and I'm sure people have thrashed it to bits in Singleplayer Co-op and Multiplayer.

I thoroughly enjoy this game and I don't intend to put it down for some time, and apart from the matchmaking service for PC which doesn't always work I have no quibbles with it. Up till tonight I'd only done specops in solo mode but I managed to drag Turnsky into it.....AND DAMN IT IS FUN. Its a real shame they couldn't put four player co-op like in COD5, but SpecOps works just fine >:3

I know a few others on the forums have it and I'd like their opinions aswell.

Dannysaysnoo

Basically, a firm improvement over most everything in the first game, and an overall better package.

Also, it's really quite fun to throw knives at people  >:3

Paladin Sheppard

Gareeku

or just shooting the hell out of people in general :> too bad i suck at it as i get mauled online. :<

Turnsky

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 04, 2009, 09:54:13 AM
Or call in AC-130s >:3

and pray you have a mad Tasmanian at the controls  >:3

"danger close"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Gareeku on December 04, 2009, 10:40:13 AM
or just shooting the hell out of people in general :> too bad i suck at it as i get mauled online. :<

Get someone to CO-Op with ya Gar its hellishly good fun :3
Quote from: Turnsky on December 04, 2009, 10:43:22 AM
Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 04, 2009, 09:54:13 AM
Or call in AC-130s >:3

and pray you have a mad Tasmanian at the controls  >:3

"danger close"

And he means Danger Close! It was a good thing I was prone behind that wall when you started dropping 105mm shells next to me!

ShadesFox

Grr... stop making me halfway inclined to buy this game.  It'll cut into my other expensive hobbies :<
The All Purpose Fox

Janus Whitefurr

Wait, Australia didn't ban it yet? I'm shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ShadesFox

I thought that was only a problem for drug use and corpse mutilation  AC-130s don't leave much of a corpse to mutilate.
The All Purpose Fox

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 04, 2009, 09:46:37 PM
I thought that was only a problem for drug use and corpse mutilation  AC-130s don't leave much of a corpse to mutilate.

Well, resident nutball Michael Atkinson appealed its classification as an M15+ game in his ongoing crusade that videogames are for minors. I'm just surprised he hasn't managed to succeed, given that this is the man blocking an 18+ videogames rating, and all that.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ShadesFox

Speaking of the ARB, apparently an Alien versus Predator game was denied ratings, so the makers just said screw you.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26377
The All Purpose Fox

TheJimTimMan

Number one: Win. Why can't more devs do this sort of thing?
Number two: The specification of eye damage made me laugh.

On-topic: I want to buy this game. I really do. But I also want to give that bastard Kotick as little of my money as possible.
Kinda hard to do that when buying two games as I'm planning on getting the original as well(I want to be able to compare the two and find out if the hypestorm is more or less justified).
Don't really want to support a man who wants to strip all fun from game development.

ShadesFox

Hmm... just finished the single player campaign.  Extremely disappointing.  Anyone else remember when cheat codes were required to make games that easy?
The All Purpose Fox

Cvstos

Quote from: TheJimTimMan on December 05, 2009, 07:54:44 PM
Number one: Win. Why can't more devs do this sort of thing?
Number two: The specification of eye damage made me laugh.

On-topic: I want to buy this game. I really do. But I also want to give that bastard Kotick as little of my money as possible.
Kinda hard to do that when buying two games as I'm planning on getting the original as well(I want to be able to compare the two and find out if the hypestorm is more or less justified).
Don't really want to support a man who wants to strip all fun from game development.

Wait a bit and then start hunting for a used copy at a GameStop (or equivalent). That's what I'm planning on doing, for the same reasons you listed.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

ShadesFox

Curious, anyone want to do the co-op mode?
The All Purpose Fox

Kafzeil

On the game's story(Posisble SPoliers):

Am I the only one who felt the entire world had a massive idiot ball strapped to there heads? I mean, just wow, Tom Clancy was more realistic when it came to international affairs.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

ilpalazzo

We should join up and do a quick battle with each other... Just be weary that i'm usually on my back meds and I ramble alot online.

My PS3 name is Fhistleb. (So Original)

ShadesFox

Unfortunately for this plot my version is for the PC.  Plus, as some may have noted, my online time has been very low lately.  IRL obligations catching up and all.
The All Purpose Fox

Keleth

Quote from: Kafzeil on December 12, 2009, 06:16:14 PM
On the game's story(Posisble SPoliers):

Am I the only one who felt the entire world had a massive idiot ball strapped to there heads? I mean, just wow, Tom Clancy was more realistic when it came to international affairs.

The words "Tom Clancy" and realistic do not go together. Period. :b
Help! I'm gay!