I just got the call. (Border Update)

Started by Chaos, November 23, 2009, 07:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Mason and Amber are over the border, the paperwork is in order, and they are on their way home.

Ladies and gentlemen. Amber is now Landed.

:boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie :boogie

Mao

bradypodidae

Very good for Amber. Hope she can sleep well tonight!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Naldru

I guess that means one less source of stress for Amber.

Everybody should party tonight.  Everybody wang chung tonight.

:kirby :idol :disco :megagroove :mikelo1 :catgirl :catgirl2 :goodtimes :ddrabel
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Good to hear that she has one less source of stress.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Things did not go terribly, awfully badly for Amber?

She must be disappointed.

Seriously, all the best and congratulations to Amber, I was praying for you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, and just for Mao:

So, Amber is a Canadian now, eh?

*snicker*

Lucheek

Just in time for American Thanksgiving? xD

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Lego3400

Quote from: LionHeart on November 24, 2009, 11:39:39 AM
Conga-rats to Amber!

I think amber has enough problems. I don't think she wants to take care of dancing rats :P

Sofox

She doesn't have to take care of them, she can just give them to her pet snake...

...of course she'd have to kill them first so they didn't harm the snake.

Overdose of sleeping pills. That's what my chemistry teacher told us she used when we were beginning our dissection!

Darkdragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sofox on November 24, 2009, 06:05:13 PM
Overdose of sleeping pills. That's what my chemistry teacher told us she used when we were beginning our dissection!

IIRC, that makes the snake pretty sluggish, too. You'd want to be careful about just how much.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Chaos on November 23, 2009, 07:43:20 PM
Mason and Amber are over the border, the paperwork is in order, and they are on their way home.

Over the border? Landed? How high was the ramp and how fast were they going over it? I hope it was a soft landing.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 25, 2009, 12:50:31 AM

Over the border? Landed? How high was the ramp and how fast were they going over it? I hope it was a soft landing.

Clearly they had to put their car on a plane and fly over the border :3

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 26, 2009, 12:45:05 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 25, 2009, 12:50:31 AM

Clearly they had to put their car on a plane and fly over the border :3

What has clearly happen is that

Mason get one of those skycars, the Jetsons promised would be on sell by now....

PBH

Sofox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 24, 2009, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: Sofox on November 24, 2009, 06:05:13 PM

IIRC, that makes the snake pretty sluggish, too. You'd want to be careful about just how much.

Yeah, that is actually a bad idea.

So how the heck did the pet shop kill the rats?

mopman

Welcome to Canada , we are a richer nation for having you share your life and gifts with us , may you find peace , joy and happiness here  :mowhappy
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Sid

:boogie

Turnsky

Tune in next week as amber attempts australian citizenship... can she survive the flora and fauna? can she survive the killer pink suited ferret? all this and more in "The Amazing Adventures of Amber!"

:U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Thirty Second Artbomb

Jasonrevall

Congratulations Amber, may the rest of your year be less stressful without this burden, Huzzah
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

rt

Congrats .. so is she getting the free pengiun, or free polar bear that comes with being Canadian ?

Naldru

Quote from: rt on November 27, 2009, 11:22:19 AM
Congrats .. so is she getting the free pengiun, or free polar bear that comes with being Canadian ?
Well, she is in the land of the loonies now (google Canadian loony) which could be appropriate for some of her characters.

Being in Canada doesn't mean that she has to abstain from Thanksgiving.  Canada has its own Thanksgiving day, so she can celebrate both.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Don

Congratulations on your Canadian citizenship Amber, Hope you'll enjoy it here~

Quote from: rt on November 27, 2009, 11:22:19 AM
Congrats .. so is she getting the free penguin, or free polar bear that comes with being Canadian ?

What about the bobble-head Moose?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sofox on November 26, 2009, 07:04:47 PM
Yeah, that is actually a bad idea.

So how the heck did the pet shop kill the rats?

by either not killing them, and merely putting them to sleep before feeding them to the snake, or by knowing which things you can give the rat to put it to sleep without affecting the snake.

Either way, it requires knowing what you're doing. Which I'd expect a pet store to know about, whereas your average owner might need to go ask the pet store about...

Amber Williams

The pre-dead mice that you buy from the pet store tend to be frozen. I'm not exactly sure how they kill them.  I imagine it is similar to how society views the packages of hamburger in the grocery store. In that yeah...we know the animal was killed, it probably wasn't the most pleasant of things, but man is it convenient.

As for my snake though, I admit I feed it live mice. The lumpshnake is a 4-foot terror who in theory could start eating rats if she wanted, but I opt for just feeding her a lot of smaller mice because it poses less risk for injury and because it is easier on her digestion.  She usually goes through about 3-5 mice a week.