October 30th, 2009 [PF #85] That ol' Daryil...

Started by Sprocketsdance, November 02, 2009, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocketsdance

Hehehe, I will never tire of Daryil's shenanigans.

A very nice end to the episode :3 (Dorcan's a good throw!)  And... I'd try to add something more intelligent but I'm running on very little sleep :3 *excuse excuse*

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 02, 2009, 06:21:24 PM
A very nice end to the episode :3 (Dorcan's a good throw!)  And... I'd try to add something more intelligent but I'm running on very little sleep :3 *excuse excuse*

Well, this chapter has had more than its fair share of dark moments, so it needed a little something to balance it out.  That and this chapter was one of the first where I started adding a bit more humour to the mix.

Just as a heads up, in case anyone missed it, we'll probably be running filler next week, since chapter 11 will jump straight into the guest art and it isn't ready yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pagan

Well, I've gotta agree with Daryil on this one. Dorc's got a pretty nice chest, it deserves closer inspection.

Another example of clan leader trickery, although I guess Dorc's granddad isn't the clan leader anyway. But this one kinda makes sense. I still do not understand why Daryil would bother magically altering his clan's tentacles.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Pagan on November 02, 2009, 07:37:07 PM
Well, I've gotta agree with Daryil on this one. Dorc's got a pretty nice chest, it deserves closer inspection.

Another example of clan leader trickery, although I guess Dorc's granddad isn't the clan leader anyway. But this one kinda makes sense. I still do not understand why Daryil would bother magically altering his clan's tentacles.

Do you mean after he [redacted] in FH?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 03, 2009, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 03, 2009, 09:10:36 AM
Do you mean after he [redacted] in FH?

I'd rather you didn't spoil that  >:3

Opps, sorry.  Slipped up there.  I'll try not to let it happen again.  But still, could you answer Pagan's question, or would that be a spoiler as well?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 03, 2009, 09:16:27 AM
Opps, sorry.  Slipped up there.  I'll try not to let it happen again.  But still, could you answer Pagan's question, or would that be a spoiler as well?

Oh yes, I completely forgot.

Daryil did the fake tentacle thing because he thought it would be cool.  It also helps scare the heck out of people who know much about 'Cubi as well, and Daryil members get something of a kick out of scaring people.

Pagan

But because Daryil's still alive, any of his clan members would still have tentacle heads. Until Daryil's dead, it doesn't accomplish much of anything.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on November 03, 2009, 01:35:57 PM
But because Daryil's still alive, any of his clan members would still have tentacle heads. Until Daryil's dead, it doesn't accomplish much of anything.

I think I see what you're driving at.  'Cubi don't usually have tentacle-heads unless their leader becomes tri-winged, which is such a fantastically rare event that in 100'000 years there have only been about 200 'Cubi who have ever achieved it.
Daryil is just a regular two-wing 'Cubi who split away from his original clan.  Ordinarily a 'Cubi from this kind of clan would only have basic tentacles like Aary and Abel.  Daryil managed to retrofit them to his clan members without becoming tri-winged.  Because it was a cool project.

Pagan

Aha. Now I understand. I thought the tentacle heads were just attached to wether or not the clan leader still lived.

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 03, 2009, 01:52:06 PM
Quote from: Pagan on November 03, 2009, 01:35:57 PM

I think I see what you're driving at.  'Cubi don't usually have tentacle-heads unless their leader becomes tri-winged, which is such a fantastically rare event that in 100'000 years there have only been about 200 'Cubi who have ever achieved it.
Daryil is just a regular two-wing 'Cubi who split away from his original clan.  Ordinarily a 'Cubi from this kind of clan would only have basic tentacles like Aary and Abel.  Daryil managed to retrofit them to his clan members without becoming tri-winged.  Because it was a cool project.

Despite his unusual quirks I like Daryil the way he is.
He goes into unusual yet interesting projects, he makes impressive (semi sound but with potential for high payout) investment endeavors and he doesn't look down on anyone (though he will not pass up the opportunity to play well thought out pranks).  He's a guy I can respect.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.