Started by Alondro, October 29, 2009, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lysander

From my mother's experience, the smaller the spider usually means the more venomous in Australia; most of the big fuzzy ones are just for fun. Also, that poem was awesome.  :januscat
TytajLucheek

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Lysander on January 17, 2010, 06:40:18 PM
From my mother's experience, the smaller the spider usually means the more venomous in Australia; most of the big fuzzy ones are just for fun. Also, that poem was awesome.  :januscat

a) Poem? It's a song! Come To Australia!

b) The Sydney Funnel Web begs to differ.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Keleth

That thing will CUT YOU WIDE OPEN!
Help! I'm gay!

iceick

Where did this talk about spiders and australia come from on a forum about Avatar. Was it in the deleted scene or something.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

iceick

Wow, just wow :erk. I've heard of people dying while watching "The Passion of The Christ," but this is a different type of movie altogether. Maybe people with high blood pressure should talk to their doctor before going to see certain movies from now on.

Mao

Yay natural flow of conversation.  I like spiders. :>

Some of them I'm just in no rush to ever be in range of.  Like that one.

iceick

Yeah, I'm fine with spiders too :erk, as long as they are nowhere near me :<. Die spider die :gun1 :explosion :gun2.

Sofox

Isn't it bad luck to kill a spider?

Keleth

Only if it bites you before it dies :c
Help! I'm gay!

iceick

Quote from: Sofox on January 19, 2010, 08:41:23 AM

That reminds me of when I was attacked by a spider in the bath. I tried smashing it several times with a box :deadhorse, which only pissed it off :tantrum and ran from under the box on the ceiling down toward my hand causing me to freak out :eek and drop the box and spider in the water. The spider tried swimming around before sinking to the bottom of the tub, then it started running around on the bottom of the tub, so I pulled the plug and watched it go down the drain to its new home in the sewer.

Turnsky

Quote from: Sofox on January 19, 2010, 08:41:23 AM

only if it recites Shakespeare

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

iceick

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 12:07:25 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 19, 2010, 11:48:03 AM
only if it recites Shakespeare

Are you refering to this and this?

Er... what the heck else would he be referring to?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

iceick

Well, I have seen shows on TV where spiders as big or bigger than people were quoting Shakespeare although at the time I don't remember which one(s). But I figure, since this is a forum based of (if not, then gets most attention from) DMFA, so it'd most likely be those two spiders.

Escher

Update time, folks!

It's official. Avatar has surpassed Titanic and is now the highest grossing movie evar.

Goes to show you, if you take a very familiar story and spend bajillions in making pretty special effects, you'll win a lot of profit.

Oh, and if you're so inclined, now you can visit Southern Heaven Mountain Hallelujah Mountain in the lush, mysterious jungles of Pandora China. Hurrah.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Sofox

Quote from: Escher on January 27, 2010, 12:07:05 AM
Goes to show you, if you take a very familiar story and spend bajillions in making pretty special effects, you'll win a lot of profit.

You forgot the part about the hugely talented director.

Keleth

Quote from: Sofox on January 27, 2010, 04:42:43 AM
You forgot the part about the hugely talented director.

Wait, That movie had a director?

I thought it had some guy just mashing the "Bloom" key for everything.

Edit: Also I love how in those articles they directly say they didn't adjust for inflation! And how they'd still have a long long way to go in ticket sales before it matches titanic.

I love how inflation is used as a "OMFG IT SURPSASSED EVERYTHING!" 

Not hard to do since ticket prices. . . doubled from over 13 years ago? LAWLZ
Help! I'm gay!

superluser

Quote from: Drathorin on January 27, 2010, 10:17:13 AMEdit: Also I love how in those articles they directly say they didn't adjust for inflation! And how they'd still have a long long way to go in ticket sales before it matches titanic.

I love how inflation is used as a "OMFG IT SURPSASSED EVERYTHING!"

Yeah!  By that logic, An American Carol surpassed...um...

...wow, An American Carol did really, really, really bad.  It...uh, surpassed that movie about a dingo eating that woman's baby.  It also beat out Ishtar and Fear of a Black Hat.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShadesFox

Not adjusting for inflation is a great metric!  If you don't adjust for inflation then Star Trek Nemesis was... oh wait... even if you don't adjust for inflation Nemesis still made less money then the Trek movie that tanked in 1989.
The All Purpose Fox

Keleth

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 27, 2010, 03:26:17 PM
Not adjusting for inflation is a great metric!  If you don't adjust for inflation then Star Trek Nemesis was... oh wait... even if you don't adjust for inflation Nemesis still made less money then the Trek movie that tanked in 1989.

You promised you'd never mention those ever again.

I am disappoint
Help! I'm gay!

iceick

Quote from: Escher on January 27, 2010, 12:07:05 AM
Of course, there are other movies that made a larger profit vs. cost (i.e. Paranormal Actvity, Blare Which Project, Fireproof, Flywheel, etc.)

Keleth

This bad thread is like yesterday's lunch.

It just won't stay down.
Help! I'm gay!

Colgatecrusader

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 27, 2010, 03:26:17 PM

yes, but nemesis was a good movie, the original one was just................ guh....
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Tapewolf

Actually this thread is past it's sell-by date.  After about three weeks it's not considered proper to post to them unless you're the author and/or there is an exceptionally good reason to resurrect it.  If you could avoid doing that in future it would be great.

:locked

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Mao

That sweet smell?  It's the smell of rotting biological waste.