10/23/09 [DMFA #1053] - Ah, the Blunt Object Brigade is back in town...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 23, 2009, 04:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehehe

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

... and yes, he's a pretty boy. But not the one that's not even a real girl... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Oh dear.  Actually, I'm wondering if it isn't a good thing that Dan is gone.  If they do now have a way of accurately detecting 'Cubi, he wouldn't be able to defend himself against it - Abel might.

Much as it's going to suck to have to explain that Alexsi's using her annual leave and that Merlitz quit, if this lot run amok in the inn and trash it, Dan may find himself in an awkward situation of explaining why he wasn't there.  Though that said, I'm not sure he ever actually agreed to stay and help.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

Abel is alone in the inn with a hot lioness who just called him "pretty boy".

Maybe we'll finally find out his sexual orientation
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 23, 2009, 05:06:52 AM
...who would be perfectly happy to murder him horribly if she discovered his race.

I'm kind of curious about how they feel about Alexsi's stepmother, though.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 23, 2009, 05:09:23 AM
...who would be perfectly happy to murder him horribly if she discovered his race.

I'm kind of curious about how they feel about Alexsi's stepmother, though.
Yes, but Merlitz was supposedly happy to murder creatures like cubi, but the last time he faced this situation, he ended up with a girlfriend instead

Naldru

I only see one member of the brigade at the inn.  What if the other members are in town and run into Alexsi.  So many possibilities.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Garsemor

Abel's clan mark is in plain sight here so she might already know that he is a cubi. I can't wait to see the wave of awquard that's going to flood the inn, and drown Abel.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on October 23, 2009, 05:47:29 AM
Abel's clan mark is in plain sight here so she might already know that he is a cubi. I can't wait to see the wave of awquard that's going to flood the inn, and drown Abel.

Depends if they know what the mark means.  It's not an absolutely positive sign since there are tattoos in this world... it's only definite if you recognise the clan mark itself(*) and with the possible exception of Aniz and any further children he may have, no-one will have seen a Siar clan member in at least 400 years.

EDIT:  You also have to know that 'Cubi have clan-marks in the first place.  These guys might not, 'Cubi being rare and all.

(*) Even that's no guarantee as a Being might see one, think it's cool and get it tattooed onto them as well.  Before you know it clan XYZ's mark has become a fashion statement...

Chaos

You know, He's always struck me as a bi kinda guy. History states he's more turned off by emotional immaturity then by any particular sex.

The_one_who_is_odd

Well still everyone is gay for Abel even if they don't know it so it would make sense he is atleast Bi. But I may just be speaking out of my rear end...

On a side note: I wish to wish Mason and Amber a happy anniversary!

Succubus_1982

Happy Anniversary Amber!

That done, I'm all curious now to see whats going to happen. Darn Amber leaving us with such huge cliffhangers! No update now till next week on that storyline! *flails*  'A'

Hmm Abel's letting himself slip a bit not noticing Gen sneaking up on him like that.... I presume thats the reason for the face in the end panel. Aren't Cubi supposed to be all hyper-aware?
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Lucheek

Happy Anniversary Amber and Mason. :3
--

I don't think this is really going to be that big of a problem.
"Hey! Pretty boy! Where is Alexsi? I want to talk to her!"
"Oh, I'm sorry. Alexsi is out on personal matters right now. Do you want a drink, I'm serving-"
"No I want to talk to her."
"Well, she's out of town right now."
"Oh, okay."
"Bye"
PROBLEM SOLVED. With no lying or anything.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 23, 2009, 07:03:21 AM
Aren't Cubi supposed to be all hyper-aware?

They can be if they want to, but from what I've heard it's something they only do when they're being cautious or think they need it.  I can probably dig up a citation if you need it - I was asking this about how Aniz missed Hennya's attack (apparently he was ready for Abel's chair).

As for the anniversary, the FA journal makes fun reading.  Apparently Amber and Mason both forgot.  Still, I wish them many more.

Quote from: Lucheek on October 23, 2009, 07:05:37 AM

There is a problem that they believe Alexsi has been replaced by a succubus, or is a succubus.  If she's not around that is going to lead them to all sorts of unfortunate conclusions.

Garsemor

Quote from: Lucheek on October 23, 2009, 07:05:37 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry. Alexsi is out on personal matters right now. Do you want a drink, I'm serving-"
"No I want to talk to her."
"Well, she's out of town right now."
"Oh, okay."
"Bye"
PROBLEM SOLVED. With no lying or anything.

And now on the faling note:

"Don't you be hiding her, I know what she's up to, now tell me where she is!"
"I'm telling you she's on a date."
"You expect e to belive that!"

*oh the horror*

And there you have it, paranoya and confusio working at there finest. >:]

Edit: And as Tape states they believe she is a succubs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 23, 2009, 07:11:41 AM
There is a problem that they believe Alexsi has been replaced by a succubus, or is a succubus.  If she's not around that is going to lead them to all sorts of unfortunate conclusions.

"She's out on a date" is likely to lead into them racing out to defend her date from her...

... which might well trigger Dan into attempting to protect her...

This can not end well. Not that we expected anything else from OBA.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Garsemor

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2009, 07:14:53 AM
"She's out on a date" is likely to lead into them racing out to defend her date from her...

Now I wonder what would happen if she does go after Alexsi and she findes her going out whit some one who isn't Merlitz.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on October 23, 2009, 07:22:47 AM
Now I wonder what would happen if she does go after Alexsi and she findes her going out whit some one who isn't Merlitz.

Quite.  Strip 711 is the key here, I think.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Garsemor on October 23, 2009, 07:22:47 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2009, 07:14:53 AM

Were Alexsi and Merlitz ever supposed to be dating then? I don't recall that. I thought it was Mab who was toying with him until Aaryanna showed up and got her wing tentacles around him.

And also if they can sense a succubus do you think they'll know Pyroduck is a dragon?
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Garsemor

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 23, 2009, 07:25:39 AM
Were Alexsi and Merlitz ever supposed to be dating then? I don't recall that. I thought it was Mab who was toying with him until Aaryanna showed up and got her wing tentacles around him.

And also if they can sense a succubus do you think they'll know Pyroduck is a dragon?

Well on page 711 they did think Merlitz was hitting on her.
They can't detect cubi they could only sense the morphing magic, Pyro's Being/Dragon morph is different, it's natural, the only reason they could sense Dan's changes back then was because it was done by magic.

Janus Whitefurr

While the precise nature of it was unexpected, the actual concept of something with the potential to cause trouble showing up was not. After all, the alternative would be for everything to go off smoothly without a hitch: Alexsi gets her date, there's no dramas about the bar, and Dan and Matilda end up having a nice date too.

I don't know. I guess I just wanted it all to go well instead of seeing something happen.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 23, 2009, 08:11:47 AM
I don't know. I guess I just wanted it all to go well instead of seeing something happen.

I still say Dan kind of deserves a break, yeah...

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 23, 2009, 07:11:41 AM
As for the anniversary, the FA journal makes fun reading.  Apparently Amber and Mason both forgot.  Still, I wish them many more.

They Forgot?!?  Well that explains why Amber didn't mention it.

In other news, I turned 21 yesterday.  Happy birthday to me, I got a Wii.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Happy Anniversary to Amber and Mason.

I'd comment on the comic, but all the good points have been taken already. One thing I would like to point out again though, is that our adventuring group doesn't seem to be all that familiar with 'Cubi Shapeshifting. They couldn't tell Abel wasn't Merlitz, with a natural shapeshift, but they could detect the spell that was used to make Dan resemble Alexsi.

(They also don't strike me as intelligent enough to  have noticed that the "Alexsi" they saw had green eyes, while the real one has blue eyes. And even if Abel pointed it out, who knows if it would really help?)

If they're unfamiliar with 'Cubi shapeshifting, who knows what else they don't know about 'Cubi.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ChaosMageX

Happy Anniversary Amber and Mason!

With increased medical technology, here's hoping you're one of the first couples to reach the platinum anniversary (100 years of marriage).

Quote from: Chaos on October 23, 2009, 06:44:59 AM

You know, He's always struck me as a bi kinda guy. History states he's more turned off by emotional immaturity then by any particular sex.

Wouldn't that make him pansexual then?  Pansexuals are those that are turned on by a particular trait, and don't care about the sex of the person with that trait.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Happy anniversary To Amber and Mason. :boogie

I guess it could be a start of to a brawl in the pub, or a date slap for Dan, also you could have him mention the whole kidnapping with the twinks after a bigg old argument at the bar and with a notorious reputation as Biggs has give every one a big old glass of awkward all on the house. :mowdizzy

Yes their are many ways this could go and it makes it impossible to guess. But all so sweet once its all over. :giggle

Still wonder if this will become more like Abel dragging her to a room after she gets her self drunk after she hears the whole story

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2009, 07:14:53 AM"She's out on a date" is likely to lead into them racing out to defend her date from her...
Which will eventually lead her to realize she doesn't have the morphing magic of before, probably leading to the conclusion she's just been replaced earlier.

ps.: that and her date is a dragon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 23, 2009, 11:13:48 AM
Which will eventually lead her to realize she doesn't have the morphing magic of before, probably leading to the conclusion she's just been replaced earlier.

Though if the real one is hale and whole, does it matter...?

Baal Hadad

*does a spit take*

Oh my goshk!   :erk

Was wondering if/when those guys would be returning, and in what capacity....

And interesting that she knows who Alexsi is--I suppose then that she suspected that "Alexsi" last time wasn't the REAL Alexsi, and that's why she's asking now....

I do wonder if she knows about the mark on his back, though, and what she plans to do....

Also, that expression on Abel's whole body is bizarre....   :giggle  What the heck is he thinking?  Is he about to swear?  And why is he pointing to himself?  Does he realize his clan mark is exposed PLUS recognizing her voice?

Oh, and "pretty boy"?  I've never heard anyone call him that before....   :rolleyes  I wonder why....

Also, I have got to look more closely at things--I didn't realize that was her tail at first, I thought it was a ponytail.  :animesweat  Even though I knew her hair wasn't that long last time....

Anyway, bravo--Chapter 20 had been my favorite chapter for so long!  :D

Lego3400

I don't recall them ever useing Alexsi's name until now. Their last appearance the group refered to "Her" as Her, that Kitty and so on.

Alondro

*Charles drags himself along the floor with the last infinitesimal vestiges of strength that remain in his battered body after doing a 47-hour work week in 4 days*   :dribble  Well, a lioness visits.  I wonder who... GAAACK!!

*Charline LEAPS out and lands squarely upon Charles, who is crushed beneath Charline's... (Charline glares at the narrator)... uhm, Charline's perfectly average and attractive weight level*  Eeeeeee!!  A lioness!  She could be my sister!  She could be... me?   :eek  IS IT ME!?  *Charline claws at Charles excitedly, so he can't tell her that it is quite unlikely, as his vocal cords are both smashed and shredded*  

*Alondro, standing quietly in the sidelines as always, sighs*  Alas, poor Charles.   :grave
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif