09/13/09 [DMFA #1042] - Press Issues

Started by techmaster-glitch, September 13, 2009, 01:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Joe3210 on September 13, 2009, 06:36:43 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on September 13, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

And what better way to reveal he has a secret lab as to visit it while the press are around, looking though the windows....
If I had a secret base of operations, it would have a backdoor entrance and all.  Especially so if it was a secret base of operations.

If Evil Genius has taught me anything it's that multiple entrances are a security risk, not a benefit.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Naldru

And what better way to reveal he has a secret lab as to visit it while the press are around, looking though the windows....
If I had a secret base of operations, it would have a backdoor entrance and all.  Especially so if it was a secret base of operations.
The trick is to have the secret entrance inside the house, in a room that doesn't have any windows.  Closets are good for this purpose especially since it makes it easier to hide the edges of the doors.  If it's a secret laboratory, all of the entrances should be secret.  Upstairs and basement hallway closets are very good for this.

The Evil Genius manual doesn't have anything against additional secret entrances.  It's just that they should lead to certain death rather than the secret lair.  You can have all the secret entrances to deadly traps that you want.  

I don't really think that Jyrras has to worry about the paparazzi breaking into the house.  The Lost Lake Inn and surrounding area may be a no predation zone but I suspect that anyone actually breaking in would just be one of the major food groups for Lorenda.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

TheJimTimMan

Quote from: Naldru on September 13, 2009, 07:22:10 PM

If I had a secret base of operations, it would have a backdoor entrance and all.  Especially so if it was a secret base of operations.
The trick is to have the secret entrance inside the house, in a room that doesn't have any windows.  Closets are good for this purpose especially since it makes it easier to hide the edges of the doors.  If it's a secret laboratory, all of the entrances should be secret.  Upstairs and basement hallway closets are very good for this.

The Evil Genius manual doesn't have anything against additional secret entrances.  It's just that they should lead to certain death rather than the secret lair.  You can have all the secret entrances to deadly traps that you want. 

I don't really think that Jyrras has to worry about the paparazzi breaking into the house.  The Lost Lake Inn and surrounding area may be a no predation zone but I suspect that anyone actually breaking in would just be one of the major food groups for Lorenda.
Gah, beaten to it. I would like to add Jy likely also has various security measures in place, not least Lorenda if she catches anyone breaking and entering. My impression is that he is holed up in a mansion, and I would be surprised if he didn't have at least a small network of security cameras covering the grounds. A network of cameras that could easily be linked to concealed sentry guns, if we're following Evil Genius methods.

Attic Rat

Hey, all Jyrras needs is a patch that makes him look like someone his size, like Wildy...

No, better he went with looking like one of the basement rats.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Attic Rat on September 13, 2009, 11:18:00 PM
Hey, all Jyrras needs is a patch that makes him look like someone his size, like Wildy...

Better yet, give Wildy a patch to make her look like Jyrras, and then turn her loose on the paparazzi.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ishidan

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 12:14:44 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on September 13, 2009, 11:18:00 PM
Better yet, give Wildy a patch to make her look like Jyrras, and then turn her loose on the paparazzi.
Ooh.  Or make a batch of Jyrras-doppelganger patches, give them to Wildy and the Rats, and play Paparazzi Mistaken Identity.  Wildy is, as we remember, an old pro at this game. 
1.  Patch on. 
2.  Get paparazzi's attention by performing an intentionally sloppy 'attempt to flee'.  Paparazzi gives chase. 
3.  Once out of sight, patch off...paparazzi catches up to find (obviously) the wrong person.  Put on a nice act of 'I have no idea what you're talking about...' But...juuust 'over there', is the next decoy.
4.  Lather rinse repeat.

Fun with shapeshifting!  The only trick is to make sure your decoys wouldn't do anything you wouldn't while in disguise.

Succubus_1982

The only solution is for Jyrras to start travelling around with Pip we all know what happens when he encounters cameras  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Kitesfear

The trick to a proper secret entrance, if that it should be, in fact, a wall(or something to that effect, depending on the nature of the threat environment).

Until you trigger the explosive bolts. Or functionally equivalent.

It's basically X-COM Dynamic Building Entry in reverse.