Medicine san Frontier wants YOU to donate!

Started by Vidar, September 11, 2009, 04:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidar

I'm not sure the mods are going to completely like this, but I think it's worth the risk to my forum-account to do this anyway, because its for A Good Cause (tm).

Tomorrow, starting on 9am GMT, a youtube-user known as DPRJones is going to host a 24-hour donation drive on blogtv for Medicine san Frontier, in the US known as Docters without borders.

The show will be held at http://www.blogtv.com/people/dprjones

There will be a number of guests, one of which is none other than Hayden Panetierre from the tv-series Heroes.
Other guests are mostly other 'youtube-celebrities' (Qdragon1227, Thunderf00t, JaguarJones, etc.)

The goal is to raise $10000 for Medicine san Frontier. The current amount is at over $13000 as of now, but these people can always use more. (up-to-date amounts are here.

If you are from the UK, you can donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/dprjonescharityblogtvshow/
Users from other locations can donate here: http://firstgiving.com/dprjonesblogtv
You can also purchase a variety of 'highly valuable' items on ebay here: http://shop.ebay.com/dprjonesblogtvcharityshow/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

So, support Medicine san Frontier, and donate.

Also, tell your friends about this. The more, the merrier.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Omega

Every time someone asks money from me, it reminds me how poor I am. I should take a year of from the collage to join the peacekeepers and earn some money by disposing mines and explosives.

Turnsky

Quote from: Omega on September 13, 2009, 05:36:59 AM
Every time someone asks money from me, it reminds me how poor I am. I should take a year of from the collage to join the peacekeepers and earn some money by disposing mines and explosives.

He's off in search of buried treasure, folks!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Vidar

The original goal of the donation drive was to get $10,000 for MSF.

The donation drive is over, and the final result is ....

*drumroll*

$32,318.61

Thanks to everyone who donated.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Alondro

Quote from: Omega on September 13, 2009, 05:36:59 AM

You could earn money twice, you know.  Take the explosives and land-mines you find... then re-sell them on the black market.   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 14, 2009, 12:04:15 PM
You could earn money twice, you know.  Take the explosives and land-mines you find... then re-sell them on the black market.   :mwaha

Whilst your aim is laudable, Alondro, might I suggest that you avoid recommending illegal, stupid, and highly dangerous activities to the other forum-goers? Auto-darwination on that scale tends to collect bystanders...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2009, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: Alondro on September 14, 2009, 12:04:15 PM

Whilst your aim is laudable, Alondro, might I suggest that you avoid recommending illegal, stupid, and highly dangerous activities to the other forum-goers? Auto-darwination on that scale tends to collect bystanders...

you never know when one of the denizens here is enough of a 'bright spark' to try it after all.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

Clockwork Mansion Forums takes no responsibility for the comments, thoughts, ideas, phrases, captions, sentences in context, sentences out of context, implications, expectations, adjudications, actions, proposed actions, proposed inactions, supposed actions, actions potentially taken by but so far not proves, actions proven to have been taken but ignored with a sidelong glance and a shrug, or potential self-immolations espoused forthwith here or anywhere else within the confines of the establishment.

Do not send questions, comments, complaints, thoughts, beliefs, articles, wikipedia edits, pictures, videos, singing telegrams, or stone tablets to the administration in relation to this topic. Clockwork Mansion Forums do not guarantee satisfaction for any portion of the aforementioned discussion that may or may not have happened at some point anywhere on any section of the forum (whether or not it actually did do so -- we do not guarantee it did).

If unhappy with your Clockwork Mansion user experience, please return unused portion for an incomplete refund.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on September 15, 2009, 11:33:40 AM

If unhappy with your Clockwork Mansion user experience, please return unused portion for an incomplete refund.

*falls on knees in worship* Pray teach me how to divide zero into smaller quotients!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

...does it matter how I used the rest of it?  *zips up his fly*

rabid_fox

Quote from: Mao Laoren on September 15, 2009, 12:03:17 PM

...does it matter how I used the rest of it?  *zips up his fly*

Value of shares rise sharply.

Oh dear.