Marvel has betrayed us all!

Started by Alondro, August 31, 2009, 11:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!  

The Disney regime grows in power!

D:

A 'Disnified' Hulk, Spiderman, X-men...  The horror... the horror... it's the campy 1950's-60's nightmare all over again!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on August 31, 2009, 11:02:41 AM
[urlhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment]The Disney regime grows in power![/url]

Your URL appears to be broken, there, Alondro. Having trouble? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Dammit. I guess this means that Spiderman is going to make it into Kingdom Hearts III. I wanted Sora to team up with Batman!

In all seriousness... ehh. Surprising and kind of interesting, but it doesn't really affect me. I'm surprised it's only 4 billion, though. Look on the bright side: they might fire Joe Quesada. And I'm not too worried about a "Disneyfied" marvel, and even if they do, considering all of the crap going on on Earth-616, it can only be an improvement. In all seriousness, considering Pixar's continued success after being acquired by Disney, I think Disney will let marvel run itself.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Kenji

Marvel allowed the X-Men movies to be created. They've long since betrayed us. :T

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2009, 11:35:01 AM
Quote from: Alondro on August 31, 2009, 11:02:41 AM
[urlhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment]The Disney regime grows in power![/url]

Your URL appears to be broken, there, Alondro. Having trouble? ;-]

The Disney agents tried to stop me spreading the word!  They're already among us!  They... GRARGKLLEEE... *is dragged away into the shadows*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tezkat

Since when does becoming Disney property automatically mean Disneyfication? The first film Miramax produced after being acquired by Disney was Pulp Fiction...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

ooklah

muahahahahaha ... I mean ... NOO!!! they got Alondro!!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ooklah on August 31, 2009, 02:08:50 PM
muahahahahaha ... I mean ... NOO!!! they got Alondro!!

... We're supposed to be worried about them?

Angel

Quote from: Tezkat on August 31, 2009, 02:06:54 PM

Since when does becoming Disney property automatically mean Disneyfication? The first film Miramax produced after being acquired by Disney was Pulp Fiction...

THANK GOD. Another guy I was talking to said they kept all the old writers and such, Marvel is just now owned by Disney. So, maybe things will be okay. Although my dad's idea of "Wolverine vs. Goofy" still made me laugh and shudder at the same time...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Teroniss

Disney doesnt necessarily mean cutesy. Pirates of the Carribean is a Disney owned title, and it was anything but cutesy >.>

JackTheCubiWolf

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT A DISNFIED WOLFERINE! He's the most bad ass character ever and if Disney get their hands on him...NOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm back, and tired.

Aisha deCabre

I have a friend who's a big Spiderman fan...he was obsessing over it too.

Honestly, is it in nobody's power to just wait and see what happens before jumping to panic?  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Teroniss on August 31, 2009, 04:33:12 PM
Disney doesnt necessarily mean cutesy. Pirates of the Carribean is a Disney owned title, and it was anything but cutesy >.>

Yeah, it was annoying instead. :B
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on August 31, 2009, 04:59:06 PM
Honestly, is it in nobody's power to just wait and see what happens before jumping to panic?  :B

I believe that those who are waiting are being drowned out... :-/

Kuari

...  I'm just trying to picture Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Hulk all together....

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jigsaw Forte

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

King Of Hearts

Lucy is Phoenix/dark Phoenix.

I think we are over reacting about this... I mean Disney owns Miramax right and we got Kill Bill out of that. Also Disney s more about the money and Marvel is actualy making money with what they are already churning out... Im somewhat leaning that their greed may overpower their want of a family friendly image.

i dont think there would be MUCH of a difference, i mean it wasnt much of a change when WB bought ought DC way back.

bill

this is probably not going to result in anything bad happening, Disney knows to keep its hands off when it needs to; hell, they're responsible for No Country For Old Men and Doubt via Miramax.

god i was beaten so badly

JackTheCubiWolf

You guys may not be panicking but on my other forum, everyones talking about how bad the movies Disney have been releasing in the past few years have been. They are plenty worried about this.
I'm back, and tired.

bill

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 31, 2009, 11:05:12 PM
You guys may not be panicking but on my other forum, everyones talking about how bad the movies Disney have been releasing in the past few years have been. They are plenty worried about this.
they are morons who are acting on nothing but gut reactions involving imaginary Miley Cyrus/Deadpool crossovers or some shit

JackTheCubiWolf

A crossover like that would be terrible, unless Deadpool gave Miley a scar, then it would be half good.
I'm back, and tired.

LionHeart

Well, it probably couldn't be any weirder than Archie Meets the Punisher (which was actually pretty good).
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kuari

Reading this over, I actually have to comment...  what's with people thinking of these silly crossovers?  Chances are if there ARE any crossovers, it will be in Kingdom Hearts.  I just don't see Hannah Montana with Spiderman...  that's just not something I can see happening at all.  Disney has had its up and downs, but god damn, they aren't THAT stupid...  the worst they can maul something is how they'll probably be mauling that Prince of Persia movie with its lack of sand monsters.

Janus Whitefurr

Ah, Kingdom Hearts. Having played the first one through to its conclusion at my sister's insistence, I still don't know why it's so popular - the entire thing felt rather mediocre to me. But then again, I'm probably classed as an elitist git for having flaky tastes in gaming anyway.

And another from the friend who found that first comic link.

Kuari

For me its pure nostalgia.  Ever since I was really young I always kind of imagined something along the lines of Kingdom Hearts...  VERY close to it, though I always imagined my own thing, and eventually some animes.  Still, it came the closest to that general feel then any other game probably ever will...  my only complaint is that, well...  it also has a very NAIVE feeling to its story...  still though, if they DID have Marvel crossovers in that game, and did them WELL and not childishly...  ......  *rolls around laughing* GOD!!  Sorry, just imagining Hulk with the crew again.  That image is just so damn hilarious to me.  Yeah, I'd probably be laughing the entire time rather than take it seriously, thinking about it.