Started by JackTheCubiWolf, August 23, 2009, 12:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2009, 10:03:00 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 24, 2009, 09:53:47 AM
Heenya was a cameo?

These two:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_56.php
Dorian is the llama and belongs to Zina.  Kammi is the hammer-girl and she's a cameo from another comic entirely, though I forget the name of it.

Ohhhh.  While we're on that topic, is Glory really one of Wildy's ancestors?  I missed the speculation that occurred in whatever forum thread corresponded to that strip.  A simple link to the archive with it would be nice.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 24, 2009, 10:14:58 AM
Ohhhh.  While we're on that topic, is Glory really one of Wildy's ancestors?
Beats me.  Discussion for that page is here, according to the wiki:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1595

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2009, 10:03:00 AM
These two:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_56.php
Dorian is the llama and belongs to Zina.  Kammi is the hammer-girl and she's a cameo from another comic entirely, though I forget the name of it.

Kammi is owned by H. Carlian, also known as Icarus (on here, and some other places) according to the Wiku-Wiki. Google from there leads to Inhuman. Kammi may or may not be recognisable from there, since Icarus also has an art site on Sheezy Art and their own server. I don't immediately recognise Kammi, but that's not saying much - Icarus has a very different art style to Amber, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any large hammers in Inhuman...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Assuming it wasn't been mentioned already..

In the last panel Dan says he shrunk fi, how does a feline cubi with a short attention span (compounded problem there) learn enough to do that in what, a day?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 24, 2009, 11:39:57 AM
In the last panel Dan says he shrunk fi, how does a feline cubi with a short attention span (compounded problem there) learn enough to do that in what, a day?

I don't know, but if the alternative is to have the thing eat all your friends and deposit them in random locations throughout the planet / cosmos, I think you'd probably have some incentive to find a way to focus on it  :P

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2009, 11:43:34 AM

I don't know, but if the alternative is to have the thing eat all your friends and deposit them in random locations throughout the planet / cosmos, I think you'd probably have some incentive to find a way to focus on it  :P

We still  don't know where that island is with Wildy on it, or how Fi actually managed to get the drop on her.

Icon by Sunblink

Naldru

Assuming it wasn't been mentioned already..

Remember how quickly Dan learned to change the shape of his head wings and work it into a form of psychological warfare.

Of course, his techniques for learning cubi techniques such as tentacle manipulation can be unorthodox.

To put it simply, Dan learns very fast if Amber can work it into a gag.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Fibre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 24, 2009, 10:38:18 AM
Kammi is owned by H. Carlian, also known as Icarus (on here, and some other places) according to the Wiku-Wiki. Google from there leads to Inhuman. Kammi may or may not be recognisable from there, since Icarus also has an art site on Sheezy Art and their own server. I don't immediately recognise Kammi, but that's not saying much - Icarus has a very different art style to Amber, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any large hammers in Inhuman...

I thought that Kammi was the flight instructor, but I can't find that part immediately. Anyway, she's visible here and in the surrounding pages: http://inhuman-comic.com/comic190.php

Shirou14

You know, I just thought of something. What if the characters aren't going to die? like physically die, maybe they will simply die emotionally, or mentaly. Or perhaps Mab considers mind control a form of mental death. if two of her friends go under mind control, then it's possible they will betray her other friends and get them under mind control as well. and then they might all "die." And their world, doesn't necessarily mean the entire world of furreh (please don't kill me for mispellings) but perhaps it's just lost lake in, or something very very emotional will happen to everyone they care about thus "destroying their world." Just a thought, but It's possible.

icarus

Quote from: Fibre on August 24, 2009, 03:03:13 PM
I thought that Kammi was the flight instructor, but I can't find that part immediately. Anyway, she's visible here and in the surrounding pages: http://inhuman-comic.com/comic190.php

cause you're thinking of the side comic, Jet's Story. XB kammi had a much larger role in that plotline.
http://inhuman-comic.com/jetstory20.php (mildly NSFW, there's a gag-grope-with-clothes-on)

i also don't feel like alexsi will be one of the friends of mab's who dies...because she did die, in reality. alexsi was the owner of a dream in furcadia, and passed away not too many years ago.

it'd seem cruel to kill her in a comic. the comic is in a way a tribute to her memory, and one way in which that memory can remain immortal. it'd just be insensitive, it feels like. but that's my take on it. could be wrong.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Kuari

Hmm...  I predict one of the two will be Merlitz and the one without the boon is Dan.

Jasonrevall

If a war is gonna break out, then alot more than 2 people are gonna die. I think some of the other characters like Biggs, Kria, and Matilda might also get caught in the line of fire during this war, and possibly on opposite sides.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Shadowcatcher

Makes me wonder about Fa'lina and the comment about something happening "two months from now" -- at the time we assumed it was the degradation of her omniscience -- maybe it's a countdown to her own demise.  If you're omniscient (or semi) then you probably know how your life is going to end.  It sort of fits in with the "new/old friend", and someone else did mention that SAIA could have been one of Mab's boons.

JackTheCubiWolf

I just hope it's not Wildy. I personally think it might be Merlitz and Alexis. Merlitz because he hasn't been in the comic lately and Alexis because the person she based on pasted away. (may she rest in peace)
I'm back, and tired.

Baal Hadad

I don't know why I have a gut feeling it WILL be Wildy that dies....

Maybe I'm just thinking back to how Regina nearly killed her....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on August 24, 2009, 03:58:13 PM
Hmm...  I predict one of the two will be Merlitz and the one without the boon is Dan.

I agree about the boon, but I'm not sure Dan is one of the 'lucky pair'.  Consider Pip's speech in 847... if Dan's dead, what he thinks about Mab hardly matters.

Draken

Hrrrrm.  This just furthers my feelings of not trusting the poofy purple Fae...  >_<

"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

kaskar

Don't think Dan dies, ' cause his his name comes up in the title. ( Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Sunblink

YAY DRAMA <3 I am so happy with this comic. I love the fact DMFA has evolved and matured over the years. For some reason I'm more excited over the plot possibilities than devastated over the fact two characters are going to die.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 24, 2009, 09:32:24 AMHere's a thought. How would Aniz fare against Dan? Give Dan maybe 15 years to get up to speed on his Cubi heritage and all...

I think that depends. At the time Aniz left SAIA, he had no combat training whatsoever and was at least inexperienced enough to make some really embarrassing miscalculations with his "plans." (Such as simply toying with May, Hennya, and Abel and completely destroying Abel's life.) Dan has made a career out of stopping dangerous Creatures and probably has a lot more experience. So I'd put my money on Dan, even though Aniz was able to make mincemeat out of Hennya.

MT Hazard

My money would also be on Dan, considering if it isn't rule of funny/rule of drama Dan has demonstrated the ability to learn really quickly once he puts his mind to things, that and the backing of a clan leader and it's only Dan's morals that may stop him shredding Aniz.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 26, 2009, 09:59:00 AM
At the time Aniz left SAIA, he had no combat training whatsoever and was at least inexperienced enough to make some really embarrassing miscalculations with his "plans." (Such as simply toying with May, Hennya, and Abel and completely destroying Abel's life.) Dan has made a career out of stopping dangerous Creatures and probably has a lot more experience. So I'd put my money on Dan, even though Aniz was able to make mincemeat out of Hennya.

Take into account that Dan has been told not to fight 'Cubi and it gets a bit more interesting.  But to be honest, I think there is rather too much emphasis on the whole 'a'-can-take-out-'B'-easily thing.

The fact is, Dan has no reason to want to fight Aniz right now and it's not a given that Aniz would create a reason either.  What he did to Abel was when he was about half his current age.  Would you (taking Keaton as an example) like to be judged on what you did when you were 9?  In the intervening centuries Aniz may or may not have snapped out of his craziness, and I'd prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

JackTheCubiWolf

I was actually thinking about the fact Dan's mom asked not to fight other Cubi. Of course, we've seen that if he's provoked, example when he and Abel got in the fruit fight, he will fight other Cubi.
I'm back, and tired.

Mao

It should be noted that once, my mom told me never to drink alcohol.  I enjoy beer and scotch now.  What I'm saying is that, just because someone asked you not to do something doesn't mean you won't find  yourself in a situation where you either have to or choose to do it.

Dan has free will and he can and (I believe) will exercise it.  Just because mommy said to not hit other 'cubi doesn't mean that he won't.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2009, 11:46:44 AM
Take into account that Dan has been told not to fight 'Cubi and it gets a bit more interesting.  But to be honest, I think there is rather too much emphasis on the whole 'a'-can-take-out-'B'-easily thing.

The fact is, Dan has no reason to want to fight Aniz right now and it's not a given that Aniz would create a reason either.  What he did to Abel was when he was about half his current age.  Would you (taking Keaton as an example) like to be judged on what you did when you were 9?  In the intervening centuries Aniz may or may not have snapped out of his craziness, and I'd prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh shoot, I forgot about the whole not fighting Cubi thing. Still, if a hypothetical fight were to occur, I'd bet on Dan.

As far as Aniz goes, that's fair enough, but Aniz wasn't nine when he did what he did. He was an adult that by all means should have been capable of making adult decisions, but was spoiled and coddled by his lack of responsibility and borderline insane. At least, that's how I see it. However, I do see what you mean regarding the possibility of redemption.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 26, 2009, 03:20:14 PM
Dan has free will and he can and (I believe) will exercise it.  Just because mommy said to not hit other 'cubi doesn't mean that he won't.

Well, that depends whether Dan's word is his bond, doesn't it?  And what he thinks of her.  If someone I deeply respected made me promise never to do something questionable I would try to uphold that promise, if only out of respect for them.  Though I agree that he might put it aside in a case of self-defence.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 26, 2009, 03:25:47 PM
As far as Aniz goes, that's fair enough, but Aniz wasn't nine when he did what he did. He was an adult that by all means should have been capable of making adult decisions, but was spoiled and coddled by his lack of responsibility and borderline insane. At least, that's how I see it.

It does scale, though.  I'm embarrassed by some of the things I did as a younger adult, and that was only 10-12 years ago.
Then you've got Kria.  She's 418, and if strip 974 is anything to go by she's only recently started to grow out of causing random mayhem (yes, Aniz was older than that - but Kria didn't spend centuries goofing off in SAIA).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kria is a demon, though, not a Cubi. Estimated lifespan of 1500, not 3000, so she's equivalent of what you or I might consider to be around 30-35 or so. Whereas Aniz, at 400, would be around 15-20.

Not to mention people differ; some folks are still childish at 50, others are adult at 18. :-/

Lucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

... with the banana, at two hundred yards, through the ten-ring?

Rafe

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2009, 04:58:03 PM
Kria is a demon, though, not a Cubi. Estimated lifespan of 1500, not 3000, so she's equivalent of what you or I might consider to be around 30-35 or so. Whereas Aniz, at 400, would be around 15-20.

Not to mention people differ; some folks are still childish at 50, others are adult at 18. :-/

Lifespanwise, maybe, but remember though. according to Kria (exactly where, I can't remember), she's stuck at 24.
Rafe

Naldru

Quote from: Rafe on August 26, 2009, 10:42:09 PM

Lifespanwise, maybe, but remember though. according to Kria (exactly where, I can't remember), she's stuck at 24.
Yes, but she's a very experienced 24.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.